The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

The £400k hole was only such providing we also gained an extra £600k of income from commercial transactions. If the £400k gap is filled then have we breached the £600k gap as last note was that we were still just short of the overall commercial income for the previous season. 

I thought posters had said we were totally sorted financially?? Is that not the case ?

5 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

I’ll add weight to it as was there that night too prior to the Dundee match. I can’t recall word for word but I too took from both KJ & JS that the financial hole was covered & they were actually looking at going over and above the £400k as they may be able to pay £100k to replace the pitch with a further £150k coming from grants for that project. So they are really looking at finding/have found £500k and not £400k. Replacing the pitch would only happen if they have the time frame to do it though, ie no summer concerts etc. 

I assume any official comms on this will come once the T’s have been crossed & I’s dotted as someone else said. 

Edited as didn’t mean they would be using concert funds as it doesn’t sound like a concert is confirmed anyway. 

I was in the Westfield Lounge pre the Dundee game too, but didn’t quite get the same confidence that the 400K shortfall had been resolved at that point in time.

What KJ did say was in the first 5 or 6 months of this financial year 22/23 income was already at 80% of 21/22 total income. All very well but the annual income is always heavily front loaded.  However given 21/22 income was pretty poor / abysmal and well down on 20/21 levels, he wasn’t very clear in explaining where current year income stood up against previous seasons / pre pandemic levels.

Think there needs to be a clear clarification of the current position, although KJ and JS gave no indication of cause for panic

I’m not a lawyer but I think the AGM is meant be held within 6 months of the accounting year end I.e. 30th November but a 3 month extension can be requested if the Accounts are not ready I.e. to 28th Feb 2023.

Whatever is the case it can’t be too long before the papers are sent out.

Just need to be patient, I suppose.

7 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I’m not a lawyer but I think the AGM is meant be held within 6 months of the accounting year end I.e. 30th November but a 3 month extension can be requested if the Accounts are not ready I.e. to 28th Feb 2023.

I think you are correct, as far as I know. 

Right backs a priority in January but looking at the premiership squads there doesn't seem to be many decent options available. 

Centre mid, I'm going to ring my Archie Meekison bell again as he's not really had any game time at Dundee United this season.

Striker, Oli Shaw seems to be out of favour at Killie, Euan Henderson's also not kicked a ball for Hearts this season.

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Right backs a priority in January but looking at the premiership squads there doesn't seem to be many decent options available. 

Centre mid, I'm going to ring my Archie Meekison bell again as he's not really had any game time at Dundee United this season.

Striker, Oli Shaw seems to be out of favour at Killie, Euan Henderson's also not kicked a ball for Hearts this season.

Id prefer Henderson out of those two as Shaw's finishing ain't much better than the strikers we already have. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
34 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I thought posters had said we were totally sorted financially?? Is that not the case ?

No idea. Just going by what was said however the £400k hole did seem to be additional to the target of £600k of extra income. We had still to reach 100% of last years target though so if the £400k is filled then how are we doing with the £600k!?

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m not privy to any inside information and to be honest I couldn’t give a shit. The board will give us ordinary fans information as and when they see fit and that’s fine by me. A few months ago they told us things were dodgy and I upped my FSS contribution because I could but I don’t feel they need to report back to me all the time. I’m just happy that they are working away in the background for the good of the club and will let us know stuff as and when.

I’m more interested in new signings coming in and players leaving.

The board have been very open about the financial difficulties faced and understandably asked fans to put their hands in their pockets to help address these. In my view it’s only fair that “ordinary fans” are updated on how this is progressing and I would expect the board to do this when the gap has been filled rather than “as and when they see fit”.

In any event they will have to give an update at the AGM so there shouldn’t be long to wait.

I’m sure KJ made the comment at the Sponsors night that the 400k had been found through the 10yr seasons, some new Patrons, loans and other individual investments. Would be nice to get that confirmed though.

Heard that they are aiming for an additional 125k to allow a new pitch to be put down. They want to do that next year as there is a grant available from the SFA. Because of that, there will be no concerts in 2023. 

10 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I am not a lawyer either but it is 9 months 

8 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The board have been very open about the financial difficulties faced and understandably asked fans to put their hands in their pockets to help address these. In my view it’s only fair that “ordinary fans” are updated on how this is progressing and I would expect the board to do this when the gap has been filled rather than “as and when they see fit”.

In any event they will have to give an update at the AGM so there shouldn’t be long to wait.

That is exactly where it should be so the full picture is given, the plans for the future are laid out and Shareholders have then the opportunity to question the past and the plans. 

I agree they should give us information when everything is done and dusted. I don’t think they should be reporting back to the fans all the time though. I know they have to report to shareholders within given time frames and no doubt they will do that. I’m happy with the way the new board have communicated with the fans, much better than previous regimes. 

My understanding is that the board are keen to try and ensure the club is not only in a sustainable position this year, but next year and beyond.

As a fan-owned club, if that is to work, means the income generated by the club every year needs to be able to sustain the outgoings, and all needs to come via the fans. If we all still want the same things...a competitve first team, growing the academy again, then all that needs to be funded by us as the owners, whether thats via FSS, Patrons or individuals buying more shares, 10 year tickets, hospitality, etc etc.

Saying 'the gap is filled' suggests theres no need for more investment...the truth is if we want to grow the club, even if we do get promotion, then investment is still needed as the 'gap' needs to be filled every year.

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree they should give us information when everything is done and dusted. I don’t think they should be reporting back to the fans all the time though. I know they have to report to shareholders within given time frames and no doubt they will do that. I’m happy with the way the new board have communicated with the fans, much better than previous regimes. 

100%.  We now also seem to have a board who are working together as opposed to the fractured and dysfunctional ones of the past. 

13 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I would be looking at Jason Naismith at RB from Queens Park - player with premiership experience and not in the first team for Queen’s Park. Kerr Mcinory from killie on loan? Box to box midfielder with some goals in him would compliment McGinn really well. 

25 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

I would be looking at Jason Naismith at RB from Queens Park - player with premiership experience and not in the first team for Queen’s Park. Kerr Mcinory from killie on loan? Box to box midfielder with some goals in him would compliment McGinn really well. 

Jason Naismith would be an exceptional signing 

2 hours ago, Richie Sacramento said:

My understanding is that the board are keen to try and ensure the club is not only in a sustainable position this year, but next year and beyond.

As a fan-owned club, if that is to work, means the income generated by the club every year needs to be able to sustain the outgoings, and all needs to come via the fans. If we all still want the same things...a competitve first team, growing the academy again, then all that needs to be funded by us as the owners, whether thats via FSS, Patrons or individuals buying more shares, 10 year tickets, hospitality, etc etc.

Saying 'the gap is filled' suggests theres no need for more investment...the truth is if we want to grow the club, even if we do get promotion, then investment is still needed as the 'gap' needs to be filled every year.

Absolutely. The so called “gap” is only till the end of this season. Looking for a bit more stability in terms of finances for next season.

I would also hope future budgets are dictated by playing in higher divisions where the cash really is. It’s no surprise teams like St Johnstone can play at this level based on paltry attendances (plus a sugar daddy owner, although it will be interesting to see what the future holds for them).

PS the Mogwai track is Ritchie with a “t” :)

Edited by Zbairn

15 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Absolutely. The so called “gap” is only till the end of this season. Looking for a bit more stability in terms of finances for next season.

I would also hope future budgets are dictated by playing in higher divisions where the cash really is. It’s no surprise teams like St Johnstone can play at this level based on paltry attendances (plus a sugar daddy owner, although it will be interesting to see what the future holds for them).

PS the Mogwai track is Ritchie with a “t” :)

Attention to detail was never my speciality

Last episode of 2022 being recorded today. Huge thanks to every single one of you who’ve listened/watched the 23 podcasts so far…almost 40,000 between YouTube, Apple & Spotify 👏🏻

Whats expected from the last show of the year which is sponsored by Drummond Laurie Charted Accountants? 

* All of the latest news from FFC 
* Review of the 5-2 win over Queen of the South with our guest pundit Craig Cruickshanks 
* Preview of the BIG derby match with that lot from across the Forth 
* We discuss a “Night with Russell Latapy” in association with Elt. events
* Monthly draw of the Falkirk Supporters Society members which has a record SIX prizes. 
* And we remember all the Bairns gone too soon in 2022 💙

Out soon at the links below & our previous 23 episodes are there too 👉🏻

🔊Apple: apple.co/3PX3l02
🎙️Spotify: spoti.fi/3PCiXGJ
📺Youtube: bit.ly/3b4R4YH

CC5C0FBD-2C7F-4F1B-B3D3-DB25A46FFCCF.jpeg