The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

A lot of weight being put on the fact an anonymous poster heard at a dinner that KJ 'indicated' the gap had been plugged.  

Not saying it's wrong but something a bit more official needed than that before we get the flags out I think.  

I’ll add weight to it as was there that night too prior to the Dundee match. I can’t recall word for word but I too took from both KJ & JS that the financial hole was covered & they were actually looking at going over and above the £400k as they may be able to pay £100k to replace the pitch with a further £150k coming from grants for that project. So they are really looking at finding/have found £500k and not £400k. Replacing the pitch would only happen if they have the time frame to do it though, ie no summer concerts etc. 

I assume any official comms on this will come once the T’s have been crossed & I’s dotted as someone else said. 

Edited as didn’t mean they would be using concert funds as it doesn’t sound like a concert is confirmed anyway. 

Edited by RC55 FFC

2 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I’ll add weight to it as was there that night too prior to the Dundee match. I can’t recall word for word but I too took from both KJ & JS that the financial hole was covered & they were actually looking at going over and above the £400k needed as depending on a number of factors (ie a concert) they may be able to pay £100k to replace the pitch with £150k coming from grants for that project. 

I assume any official comms on this will come once the T’s have been crossed & I’s dotted as someone else said. 

Sounds great if correct.

Presumably the concert £100k will be June 2023 I.e, next year’s Accounts?

6 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Sounds great if correct.

Presumably the concert £100k will be June 2023 I.e, next year’s Accounts?

Sorry, didn’t write it properly, the £100k is from funding they are sourcing or trying to source now over & above the £400k hole, to help pay for the pitch being replaced in summer 2023 but the replacement wouldn’t happen then if a concert takes place as the time frame just isn’t there. 

Nothing was mentioned about income from concerts, just that any pitch replacement would be timed depending if there was a gig(s). 

Edited by RC55 FFC

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

Sorry, didn’t write it properly, the £100k is from funding they are sourcing or trying to source now over & above the £400k to pay for the pitch being replaced in summer 2023 but the replacement wouldn’t happen then if a concert takes place as the time frame just isn’t there. 

Nothing was mentioned about income from concerts, just that any pitch replacement would be timed depending if there was a gig(s). 

Presumably this is a replacement artificial surface rather than grass.

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

Presumably this is a replacement artificial surface rather than grass.

That’s what I’ve taken from it, they didn’t specify but assume that the grants would come from future community use. A more modern hybrid I assume. 

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

A lot of weight being put on the fact an anonymous poster heard at a dinner that KJ 'indicated' the gap had been plugged.  

Not saying it's wrong but something a bit more official needed than that before we get the flags out I think.  

It wasn’t a dinner. It was a presentation by the clubs directors to a group of sponsors before the Dundee game. 

Not necessarily, I would suggest that there are many fans genuinely concerned with fear, anxiety and worry with the club pleading for investment. 
If what the recent posters are pitching in with are true, (meeting the 400k funding issue, replacing the existing pitch, and future concerts) It would be good for the BOD to give a simple statement that the funding black hole is now covered and some potential additional revenue streams are being investigated, with further news to follow. Can imagine the level of abuse Deans and co would have got if they were in place under the same circumstances.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The board have not helped themselves by not putting the same information out on the club website.

The club has probably been as transparent and communicative as it's ever been and it will probably be announced in the now regular emails that are sent, just as the original shortfall was.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Thought we has seen the back of that with the demise of the Deans era with scoops told at supermarkets and the like.

Presentation to sponsors grows into an attention-seeking fantasy.

The board have not helped themselves by not putting the same information out on the club website.

Won’t disagree with your last sentence as it probably should be.

Re your other points, I do disagree. It was the right thing to advise existing sponsors that future sponsorships/investments isn’t a waste of time & the club is on an upward path. It was a sales evening aswell as a thank you night as they announced various sponsorship initiatives.

The Westfield Lounge at an organised event is hardly Tesco Camelon or the plumb & builder merchants for gossiping. 

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

Not necessarily, I would suggest that there are many fans genuinely concerned with fear, anxiety and worry with the club pleading for investment. 
If what the recent posters are pitching in with are true, (meeting the 400k funding issue, replacing the existing pitch, and future concerts) It would be good for the BOD to give a simple statement that the funding black hole is now covered and some potential additional revenue streams are being investigated, with further news to follow. Can imagine the level of abuse Deans and co would have got if they were in place under the same circumstances.

Will that be the same ones that probably still haven’t subscribed to the FSS? 

I’m not privy to any inside information and to be honest I couldn’t give a shit. The board will give us ordinary fans information as and when they see fit and that’s fine by me. A few months ago they told us things were dodgy and I upped my FSS contribution because I could but I don’t feel they need to report back to me all the time. I’m just happy that they are working away in the background for the good of the club and will let us know stuff as and when.

I’m more interested in new signings coming in and players leaving.

Guest Caractacus Potts

The £400k hole was only such providing we also gained an extra £600k of income from commercial transactions. If the £400k gap is filled then have we breached the £600k gap as last note was that we were still just short of the overall commercial income for the previous season. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

58 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Haven’t a clue, but with around 600 subscriptions and a core of around 4000 fans, there’s a fair chance that…..

I think the point he's making is that, if we have a fan base of around 4000 and only 600 have signed up, then maybe there are not as many fans who are as genuinely worried, anxious or fearful as you suggest.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

I think the point he's making is that, if we have a fan base of around 4000 and only 600 have signed up, then maybe there are not as many fans who are as genuinely worried, anxious or fearful as you suggest.

Absolutely that’s up for debate, let’s see how it pans out…