The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
20 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

You and Pedro one and the same? Anyway Merry Christmas wee man 

Like you and Brockville. At least I’ve been consistent on my observations throughout the past 2 years. 

But anyway Merry Christmas to you too. At least we both want to see us consolidate the top spot in any league table. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Guest Caractacus Potts
35 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Not sure why an improvement was to be “expected”. We’d gotten worse every season consecutively for about 6 prior years. To stop that fall and find any improvement this season, should be recognised 

That is very true however just because we were so bad doesn’t mean I’d settle for being 5th which is still an improvement on last season. Just don’t see the point in trying to disguise the fact that we have still been underperforming in too many matches. 

Enough said though. Hopefully something positive to talk about on the 2nd and a couple of new signings to boot. 

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Give you the benefit of that as you were behind the goal but it looked a top drawer free kick TBF 

It was well in from the post, seemed to catch him flat footed.

Not giving up on him though, decent keeper if he can shake off the rustiness.

Guest Brockvillenomore
42 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

It’s not rocket science to see we have less points per match at home than other teams though. If we lost on Friday we’d be 6th in that table and if someone used that to show how bad we are then it would be challenged and rightly so. 

The thing is we’ve not been terrible and we’ve not been great but I just don’t see the point in trying to choose selective stats to try prove otherwise. 

@Back Post Misses and @bairn88commented on the ongoing improvement or not debate. I felt the home and away form tables were more informative than just the full table. 

The tables tell their own story and I’m glad to see they’ve sparked some debate 👀

Guest Caractacus Potts
10 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

@Back Post Misses and @bairn88commented on the ongoing improvement or not debate. I felt the home and away form tables were more informative than just the full table. 

The tables tell their own story and I’m glad to see they’ve sparked some debate 👀

Fair enough but don’t think it’s unfair to point out that the home table isn’t entirely true due to the number of games played. If it went to a PPG as happened in the league a couple of seasons ago then we wouldn’t be top. That’s all I was suggesting. Nobody is denying we’re better than last season. 

5 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Fair enough but don’t think it’s unfair to point out that the home table isn’t entirely true due to the number of games played. If it went to a PPG as happened in the league a couple of seasons ago then we wouldn’t be top. That’s all I was suggesting. Nobody is denying we’re better than last season. 

Que someone trawl back on here and find a post that does deny it 

Guest Ecosse83

Looking forward to Dunfermline now, Henderson in the middle will be like a new signing for us in there and exactly what we need,  Nesbitt and Oliver are too similar in there! I’d be dropping Oliver, he’s been a poor signing so far but it’s impossible to get them all right!

Hopefully Mcglynn gets a chance to bring a few players in when January comes, especially a right back. 

12 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Said for past couple of months three decent players in at the transfer window (RB AM CF) could be the difference between topping the league or playoffs. Hopefully there’s some funding with Hogarth/Wilson and maybe loaning out two or three others, McGlynn gets a belated Xmas. 

Sadly any players going out will most likely likely be to try and balance the books. 

If we brought in any more than one signing I'd be shocked.

On 24/12/2022 at 20:48, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, my point was people seem to have begun talking like he was always shite and they knew from day 1 he wouldn't do. I cant agree with that. He was fine. 

I’m one of the ones in the camp that don’t think he’s good enough however also know enough about football to understand he’s only 24 so plenty time to improve.

He’s a long way to go to convince me though - hopefully he does and when he’s our first choice he’ll always have my full support.

45 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Sadly any players going out will most likely likely be to try and balance the books. 

If we brought in any more than one signing I'd be shocked.

The books are balanced or did you miss that? The hole has been filled. If 4/5 go then it is not beyond the realms of possibility McGlynn will be able to replace some if not all. 

46 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The books are balanced or did you miss that? The hole has been filled. If 4/5 go then it is not beyond the realms of possibility McGlynn will be able to replace some if not all. 

I must have missed that. Do we no longer have a £400k black hole? Who filled it?

Not being cheeky, I genuinely haven't seen anything to suggest we are no longer skint.

1 minute ago, latapythelegend said:

I must have missed that. Do we no longer have a £400k black hole? Who filled it?

Not being cheeky, I genuinely haven't seen anything to suggest we are no longer skint.

ZBairn posted on here post the Dundee game. He was at a sponsors meeting pre the Dundee game where the Board told them the hole was filled. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

ZBairn posted on here post the Dundee game. He was at a sponsors meeting pre the Dundee game where the Board told them the hole was filled. 

If that's the case then I'm looking forward to the AGM being announced as the dire position we are in appeared to be the only reason it was postponed.

14 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

If that's the case then I'm looking forward to the AGM being announced as the dire position we are in appeared to be the only reason it was postponed.

Unless ZBairn is lying (no idea why he would) it is the case. No “ifs” 

44 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Exactly.

Im sure Zbairn will be correct which means that there should be no impediment to proceeding with the AGM. 

Edited by Dawson Park Boy
Spelling