The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I cant speak to what PJ was like lastnight, but he barely put a foot wrong before his injury. I have no idea what folk have been watching that he's suddenly a bad keeper.

Was absolutely fine. 

Had an absolute nightmare last night. The free kick looked far worse from behind the goals, nowhere near the post and easily saveable.

I would say though that I think it is a case of him being very rusty rather than a dodgy keeper.

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Had an absolute nightmare last night. The free kick looked far worse from behind the goals, nowhere near the post and easily saveable.

I would say though that I think it is a case of him being very rusty rather than a dodgy keeper.

Yeah, my point was people seem to have begun talking like he was always shite and they knew from day 1 he wouldn't do. I cant agree with that. He was fine. 

Guest Brockvillenomore
46 minutes ago, Springfield said:

There’s only one league table that we should be interested in, that’s being in top position come the last game of the season. 

True. But there are a fair few here who like to make comparisons and some cold hard facts are needed. 

PJ's just back after months out injured so of course it's going to take him a bit of time to get back into the swing of things. He was excellent for us prior to the injury, I don't think there's much he could have done about the two goals yesterday. 

He had a howler coming for that cross but he's never been great in that department.

Guest Brockvillenomore
5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

PJ's just back after months out injured so of course it's going to take him a bit of time to get back into the swing of things. He was excellent for us prior to the injury, I don't think there's much he could have done about the two goals yesterday. 

He had a howler coming for that cross but he's never been great in that department.

His save in the aftermath was top drawer. 

9 hours ago, bairn88 said:

If my maths is correct that win took us to 2 more points accrued at home than the whole of last season - by December. 

We got 18 points at home last season. We're on 20 so far. And some folk claim we aren't particularly better than we were!

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

We got 18 points at home last season. We're on 20 so far. And some folk claim we aren't particularly better than we were!

I think some folk get a bit over zealous with the "not as good as we need to be to win the league" stick and end up sort of landing on "theres been no improvement".

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say that there’s been no improvement on last season-  clearly, we are substantially better.

The worthwhile comparison is with the previous two seasons, where there is still little difference points wise. Hopefully that will start to change come January 2nd.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

Guest Ecosse83
34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think some folk get a bit over zealous with the "not as good as we need to be to win the league" stick and end up sort of landing on "theres been no improvement".

Mental we only got 18 points all last season at home, shows how shit we actually were! 

PJ should have saved the free kick but the second was a belter of a strike. I was right behind it and it was thumped straight in to the corner, slightly spinning away from the keeper. McKay/ Nesbitt have to take all of the blame for that one.

I reckon a CB partnership of Mackie & Donaldson with Henderson and McGinn sitting in front would give us a stronger platform to build from. Dunfermline havent exactly been playing scintillating football but when you concede so few goals you're going to pick up a lot of points 

2 hours ago, Brockvillenomore said:

True. But there are a fair few here who like to make comparisons and some cold hard facts are needed. 

You do need to take into consideration that both Alloa and Airdrie have the potential to knock us down a peg or two. They have played two home games less than us, so their home PPG is currently better than our 2.0.

If either of them win their next home game, we don’t top that table.

8 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

PJ should have saved the free kick but the second was a belter of a strike. I was right behind it and it was thumped straight in to the corner, slightly spinning away from the keeper. McKay/ Nesbitt have to take all of the blame for that one.

I reckon a CB partnership of Mackie & Donaldson with Henderson and McGinn sitting in front would give us a stronger platform to build from. Dunfermline havent exactly been playing scintillating football but when you concede so few goals you're going to pick up a lot of points 

Funnily enough I think the free kick was the one he had no chance with and the second was the one he maybe could’ve done better with. Football eh, opinions!