The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Hogarth returning south according to McGlynn. PJ must improve as “rusty” is a bit of an understatement.

I don’t think for a minute he is rusty I just think he’s not a very good goalkeeper. The issue is even if he is only rusty he’ll still be rusty by the Dunfermline game and we need everyone at the top of their game that day. We can’t afford PJ to be giving them soft goals.

Might be a wee bit controversial here, but I’d drop Kennedy for Burrell and Oliver for Henderson. 

I think McCann’s overlapping runs suffer due to Kennedy trying to beat 2 or 3 men on the wing and leaving no space for Leon to run into. In terms of balance, I think we wouldn’t suffer so much by losing Kennedy down the left hand side. However, we would gain by Burrell playing behind Alegra. His runs at pace from slightly deeper must give central defenders nightmares. With Morrison on the right, McCann bombing up the left, Alegria through the middle with Burrell just behind and occasionally pushing beyond gives us so many options.

in midfield Henderson at last gives us some presence to make up for powder puff midgets.Oliver is not the answer. I’m in agreement with DF that Nesbitt needs dropped but till we get someone better I’d play him. At times he was like a rabbit in the headlights, as for their 2nd goal. Tackling is non-existent.

Morrison in goals was woeful last night. Not just the 2 goals but his total performance was not confidence inspiring. In the 2nd half he padded a cross ball down which thankfully we cleared, he came rushing* out of his box at the Main Stand side when the defender was there to clear and moving forwards for a pass back potentially could have caused problems by significantly shortening the distance between him and defender. Too many poor decisions for me. 

Lastly, we need a proper old school, take no prisoners right back.

If it wasn’t for Kennedys overall play last night, I wouldn’t disagree with your post. Never been convinced with PJ as looks calamitous with just about everything he’s involved with. Hogarth is simply a far better keeper, and would have been delighted to see him extend the loan, but with manner of how McGlynn confirmed his going back, sounded a bit pissed off. Just watched the two Qs goals………………

I wouldnt be dropping Kennedy. Like Morrison he can be a bit frustrating but also produces moments of real quality. Probably our best set piece taker as well. Worth bearing in mind that was only his 4th start for us last night, I'm sure the understanding between him and McCann will develop. 

Hogarth is a better keeper than PJM for me but if him going back to Notts Forrest frees up some money for McGlynn to bring in one of the well documented RB, CM or ST we are crying out for it's probably the sensible move to make 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

3 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I wouldnt be dropping Kennedy. Like Morrison he can be a bit frustrating but also produces moments of real quality. Probably our best set piece taker as well. Worth bearing in mind that was only his 4th start for us last night, I'm sure the understanding between him and McCann will develop. 

Hogarth is a better keeper than PJM for me but if him going back to Notts Forrest frees up some money for McGlynn to bring in one of the well documented RB, CM or ST we are crying out for it's probably the sensible move to make 

It’s not sensible if the goalies we’re left with are going to cost us games though - which they will.

It might be out of our hands and I don’t necessarily think that Hogarth is an amazing keeper but we’ve now seen what we’re in for with Morrison over the last couple of games. Martin isn’t at Hogarth’s level either.

Edited by Hughsie

I remember at the start of the season PJ getting a bit of stick for being this and that after a couple of friendlies. He then had 3/4 excellent games and got injured. 
I think he deserves time and support. He will also be more confident with Donaldson back. 
On a side note I thought MacKie had a good game last night. Only one poor pass I can remember 

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I remember at the start of the season PJ getting a bit of stick for being this and that after a couple of friendlies. He then had 3/4 excellent games and got injured. 
I think he deserves time and support. He will also be more confident with Donaldson back. 
On a side note I thought MacKie had a good game last night. Only one poor pass I can remember 

I know your a fan of PJ’s and rate him highly and respect your opinion as I do with most things however will disagree with you on this one.

I don’t think he’s good enough and goalkeeper is a position that if you don’t get it right then it can effect the whole team if the confidence isn’t there.

Happy for him to prove me wrong though and at games he’ll get my full support.

Oliver has to be dropped. Does nothing productive and doesn’t even try to. Nesbitt I am not a big fan of but I actually thought he was ok last night and does have lots of assists. The pass for Morrison which led to Alegria’s sitter miss was risky and made something happen - from Nesbitt. 

Guest Brockvillenomore
1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

When I went in last night there was a christmas present waiting for me - from John McGlynn. In thirteen years of knowing Falkirk managers as a volunteer that's the first time I've ever had a present from one. 

He also namechecked Graeme Stewart, our Commercial Manager, in a Falkirk TV interview recently and wished him well as he's been struggling with illness. Also a first as managers rarely pay attention to non-footballing people. 

He and Smudger come across as genuinely good guys who value everyone that puts in time at the club. 

Fair made my day that post. Thank you @Bainsfordbairn

Guest Ecosse83

Did any of you hear the 2 clowns in the South Stand last night? Constantly shouting abuse at individual players, mostly the keeper! I mean I’m by no means a happy clapper and everyone is entitled to their opinions but they 2 were total fanny’s. It was actually embarrassing listening to them 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

When I went in last night there was a christmas present waiting for me - from John McGlynn. In thirteen years of knowing Falkirk managers as a volunteer that's the first time I've ever had a present from one. 

He also namechecked Graeme Stewart, our Commercial Manager, in a Falkirk TV interview recently and wished him well as he's been struggling with illness. Also a first as managers rarely pay attention to non-footballing people. 

He and Smudger come across as genuinely good guys who value everyone that puts in time at the club. 

🙌