The Falkirk FC Thread

55 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Yes, because they're having to play with shite!

With all due respect the vast majority of the starting 11 is made up of Mcglynn’s signings.

The exceptions to that are right back (admittedly a big issue), McCann (who I don’t think anyone would advocate dropping) and where McGlynn has actively chosen to play one of the ‘shite’ over his signings (e.g. Nesbitt rather than Lawal).

10 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

As I said previously Mcglynn was loathe to push harder to get players out the door in case it affected team morale too much even though one of the caveates in him getting the extra money in his budget was that it would be ballanced out by players moving on too.  He's obviously been in discussion with the board over January moves or he wouldn't be looking at options but who knows whether he needs to move players on or not to facilitate that. If he does I'm sure he realises that to have a chance of pushing the pars we need players in badly and will have to make some tough decisions on who is told they can move on.  Sometimes you have to move on one of your better players to improve the side. I wonder if Morrison would have a few suitors. He has scored a few worldies which would perhaps sway someone else to take a chance on him. 

I understand we tried to sign Morrison for a fee last January but Falkirk said no to the deal mate

43 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

With all due respect the vast majority of the starting 11 is made up of Mcglynn’s signings.

The exceptions to that are right back (admittedly a big issue), McCann (who I don’t think anyone would advocate dropping) and where McGlynn has actively chosen to play one of the ‘shite’ over his signings (e.g. Nesbitt rather than Lawal).

If you listened to McGlynn's pre QoS interview he explained why Lawal hasn't been playing.

So you'd be happy if we bin the squad and start again then because that's what you seem to be suggesting? That's worked really well over the past few seasons, hasn't it?!

I'm saying that a few better additions than the McKay's, Williamson's and Nesbitt's (none of whom are McGlynn's signings) of this world would make a big difference to us. A proper RB, a box to box midfielder and a striker of quality would make all the difference IMO. They would compliment the guys that McGlynn has already brought in.

2 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Ola and Hetherington injured so we’re gonna have Oliver in midfield again aren’t we? 

He probably would have been starting even if both of them were fit but it's a certainty now. Nightmare as I'd have loved to see Lawal against them lot on the 2nd.

Edited by FFC 1876

9 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He probably would have been starting even if both of them were fit but it's a certainty now. Nightmare as I'd have loved to see Lawal against them lot on the 2nd.

Henderson could play beside McGinn and keep McKie at CH 

four in front 

Morrison Nesbitt Kennedy

Alegria 

22 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Henderson could play beside McGinn and keep McKie at CH 

four in front 

Morrison Nesbitt Kennedy

Alegria 

Henderson didn't look too clever at centre mid against Dundee the first game at dens, granted it was his first game back. Loves a stray pass. 

Nesbitt's going to have to be the 10 with Lawal out and Gary Oliver being gash.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The last game we played 6 were mcglynn signings and 5 carried over from last season and we got pumped. The more players from last season in the side the worse we get which is no surprise. Should be a maximum of two at any time if you ask me if you want any kind of a half decent performance 

McCann is the only one of last season’s crew who is 100% worthy of the jersey. Other than him, the nearest is probably Morrison. Beyond that, then there is no-one from last season (other than McKay for obvious reasons) that should anywhere near TFS next season.

I remain convinced that we do not make real progress until McGuffie and Nesbitt are gone. Those two are founder members of the 21/22 failure club, and are still plying the self same nonsense this season.

I would be amazed if McGlynn doesn’t seek to sideline both asap. Doing that in January could well transform us imho.…….and just to echo other views on Wilson…….good luck to the lad. He is blameless in all of this. That he was signed at all was purely down to Holt and/or Sheerin……they are the two who determined him good enough, and it’s no surprise that neither of them are in decision making roles any longer.

Sadly, FFC paid the price for giving them the chance to demonstrate how woeful they really were. At least Sheerin had the integrity to publically accept he wasn’t up to it.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

McCann is the only one of last season’s crew who is 100% worthy of the jersey. Other than him, the nearest is probably Morrison. Beyond that, then there is no-one (other than McKay for obvious reasons) that should anywhere near TFS next season.

I remain convinced that we do not make real progress until McGuffie and Nesbitt are gone. Those two are founder members of the 21/22 failure club, and are still plying the self same nonsense this season.

I would be amazed if McGlynn doesn’t seek to sideline both asap. Doing that in January could well transform us imho.

I have to say that I'm not getting the optimism on here regarding the upcoming January transfer window and bringing in a couple of game changers. We were all doom and gloom the last few January windows with everybody saying that because of contract situations you can never get anyone decent in.

Take the last January window: ATS, Paul Watson, Jaze Kabia, Keaghan Jacobs. Leigh Griffiths was the exception but sadly he turned out to be a total dud.

I hope I'm wrong.

Not been on here for a few weeks but good to see that a few still think the player with the most assists in the league, and the 2nd most in the country, is shite and should be punted.

If you can’t see that we would be a far, far poorer team without Nesbitt in it, despite his flaws and lack of goals himself, then genuinely don’t think football is for you.

Edited by Russ

Also must be in the minority that quite likes Gary Oliver. He shouldn’t be starting every game but there’s definitely a place for him in our midfield. Progresses the ball very well and very good at keeping hold of the ball. 
If we can get a better option in then sound but if not I think rotating him, Hetherington and Yeats depending on who we’re playing and what kind of player we need in there is absolutely fine.

20 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Were you good at your first job? must be one of the greatest excuses ever given for signing an utter dud.

I wish someone at that Q&A had said to Holt. “Is that your excuse why you are rotten at the DOF role?”