The Falkirk FC Thread

54 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I just remember Holt signing his praises at that Q & A so thought it was him. Blame that c**t anyway, he's a fucking charlatan.

Were you good at your first job? must be one of the greatest excuses ever given for signing an utter dud.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Well I certainly wouldn't want to see the likes of Donaldson, McGinn or, especially, McCann lining up against us!

Also, whilst he's very infuriating, Morrison would no doubt tear us a new one if playing against us.

Maybe an olive branch for Donaldson & McCann, sorry that’s it. Watched around sixty odd guys in the NB over the past few seasons that should have been nowhere near this club…….how far we’ve fallen.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

I just remember Holt signing his praises at that Q & A so thought it was him. Blame that c**t anyway, he's a fucking charlatan.

I see he has a gig with PLZ. Immediately unfollowed on the back of it 

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Letting go of a better player to improve a side is far and away one of the most difficult things to get right. The manager is a genius if it works, and a clown if it doesn’t. In truth, it can only be accurately gauged if that’s the one and only change that is made.

Simply put, it’s easy to say “well how has QP or the Pars or Airdrie or Montrose or Cove Rangers  got on without having a Telfer or a Morrison in the side”? The answer is of course, “really well.” Thing is, it’s never that simple.

What is crystal clear is that it still feels like we are miles off it……..but we might actually only be three players away from being transformed into something pretty decent. That’s the kind of hope we’ve been clinging to for a few years now, and it would be a brave manager to release one of our better players while the four or five amigos who are never going to get a game remain on the books.

You just have to look at the Dundee game how far we have to go quality-wise. Dundee always looked like they could go up a couple of gears if required. So if the club is serious about promotion then any signings made in the transfer window have to be competitive for that division. If that means 1 quality signing instead of 3 or 4 jobbers then so be it. 

Who we sign will indicate where we are going.

Wilson was a truly awful signing and ability wise nowhere near good enough, he even struggled for game time on loan at Elgin. Can't blame him for signing the two year contract he got offered but he contributed absolutely nothing bar some comedy moments. Hopefully the start of one or two others heading for the exit door. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Maybe an olive branch for Donaldson & McCann, sorry that’s it. Watched around sixty odd guys in the NB over the past few seasons that should have been nowhere near this club…….how far we’ve fallen.

If you think Falkirk can get better than Donaldson, McCann, McGinn, Yeats, Lawal and Burrell while in our current financial predicament and in L1 then I think you're deluded. Henderson, Watson and Mackie aren't too shabby for this level either.

We all know the players that we need rid of and that process has perhaps started with Wilson leaving. There are maybe seven or eight players that need to go, none of them in the above list, before we can bring in possibly 3 or 4 of quality that would compliment what we have. I don't see that happening in January(at least not completely). 

If we're still in L1 next season then the second part of that scenario may not happen at all!

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

If you think Falkirk can get better than Donaldson, McCann, McGinn, Yeats, Lawal and Burrell while in our current financial predicament and in L1 then I think you're deluded. Henderson, Watson and Mackie aren't too shabby for this level either.

We all know the players that we need rid of and that process has perhaps started with Wilson leaving. There are maybe seven or eight players that need to go, none of them in the above list, before we can bring in possibly 3 or 4 of quality that would compliment what we have. I don't see that happening in January(at least not completely). 

If we're still in L1 next season then the second part of that scenario may not happen at all!

Whether we can get better is an open question but we’ve only won 8 games from 17 in league 1. I wouldn’t be devastated if every one of them left tomorrow tbh.

21 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

With respect that’s why we’re still in this league. We’ve won eight games in half a season with the players highlighted.

30 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I had a meeting with a previous director when I emailed the club last season to raise concerns at how things were being run. I’m not on social media but he showed me some of the comments that had been put on Jaime’s personal social media accounts by so called fans and they were fucking disgusting. It never worked out for him and if I’m being honest he should never have been signed but there was no need for the personal stuff.

It’s absolutely atrocious that. Yeah, Jaime didn’t end up being a good signing but he always gave 100% and acted with dignity and respect when representing Falkirk.

I wish him nothing but the best for the future. He pulled in the navy blue strip which is something I never had the honour of doing.

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s absolutely atrocious that. Yeah, Jaime didn’t end up being a good signing but he always gave 100% and acted with dignity and respect when representing Falkirk.

I wish him nothing but the best for the future. He pulled in the navy blue strip which is something I never had the honour of doing.

Spot on pal 👍

35 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

🙌

Aye Wilsons not for us whilst we are a promotion chasing league 1 side but goes with absolutely no ill will whatsoever, and indeed sympathy having read the above about arseholes abusing him. If he wants to keep playing football, I hope that's on for him. If not, I hope it works out. 

4 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye we still have a few hanging about that aren't good enough and drag the side down especially when the going gets tough.  Of mcglynns signings there's been no utter disasters in my opinion. A few haven't set the heather on fire but then when you are bringing in a good number of new players you can't get everyone right. Main thing is that most work out and the others are at least not toal duds like Ross and Wilson for instance. 3 or 4 better players in areas like right back , centre mid and possibly up front and we'd be pushing the pars a lot closer.

22 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Aye we still have a few hanging about that aren't good enough and drag the side down especially when the going gets tough.  Of mcglynns signings there's been no utter disasters in my opinion. A few haven't set the heather on fire but then when you are bringing in a good number of new players you can't get everyone right. Main thing is that most work out and the others are at least not toal duds like Ross and Wilson for instance. 3 or 4 better players in areas like right back , centre mid and possibly up front and we'd be pushing the pars a lot closer.

Completely agree.