The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

Well hoping the team turns up on Friday, quite a few people I know can’t make the game, have a feeling numbers could be considerably down, with Xmas nights out etc.

I think the crowd would be down either day tbh, but as you say, hopefully a decent crowd, especially with the ticket offer. 

12 hours ago, kiddy said:

“Descent into oblivion”, you say? That one rests on the guy front & centre.

#DadsArmy

Hmm....pretty sure we had just lost the Cup Final and played Rangers off the park, and qualified for Europe after 3 seasons in the SPFL when he left.

I'm not having the Dad's Army accusation that get's trotted out , we are only really talking about 5 players (unless you want to include Latapy in your damnation, still our best player but fits into your Dads Army), I'd say the right mix of experience was needed in a top level squad. Not sure who was negotiating the contracts at that time but they would have to be sanctioned by the BOD.

We still had some great players in that last Yogi squad - Aajjes, Riera , Mallo , Lovell, Cregg & Holden. All Yogi signings.

No, Craig forced through the appointment of his buddy May who didn't want it, signings were absolutely honking, he had no presence in the dressing room or the bench, could not change a game, tried to resign and Craig persuaded him to stay (twice) and then when he did go it was practically all over. Can't blame Yogi for any of that.   

Hughes had a strategy that was working well in the main. Just a few poor January  signings kept us out of the top 6. Bringing in the likes of finnigan and McBride to replace the outgoing stokes and Thompson was never going to work and saw our post Xmas form fall off a cliff twice and cost us a top half finish. A bit better recruitment along the same lines was needed not a whole scale change to signing aging players well past their best. Hughes had lost the plot by then though wanted to manage a bigger club and the way we were doing things obviously wasn't enough for him at that point so we got cash splashed on crocks and has-beens and of course an astronomical wage for good old Bob. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Guess even if we were in the Championship he’d still end up with a team like ST no fans.

Exactly the type of player we’ve never really had since we had the likes off Vaulkes Latapy Arfield  Cregg and going further back a John Hendry Nichols ONeil 

Heard we're looking at a few players from kelty for next season.

16 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Heard we're looking at a few players from kelty for next season.

Can’t speak to how true that is, but if it is, then it has to be based on Kelty’s sugar daddy unplugging his year on year cash input.

I believe there was chat of that very thing happening, and they had already been served notice that there was no cash injection beyond this season. Again, it might just be rumours.

Agyeman looks a useful player. I'm not sure I'd want any of Tidser, Higginbotham or Austin back though. I think a lot will depend on what league we are in next season, if it's league 1 I wouldnt be surprised if we go hybrid. Lose at EEP in new year and there's a decent chance it will be. 

26 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Agyeman looks a useful player. I'm not sure I'd want any of Tidser, Higginbotham or Austin back though. I think a lot will depend on what league we are in next season, if it's league 1 I wouldnt be surprised if we go hybrid. Lose at EEP in new year and there's a decent chance it will be. 

Agyeman and barjonas were the names I'd heard.

58 minutes ago, Springfield said:

If it’s true about Kelty and I’m taking with a pinch of salt, does it suggest that we’re looking at some kind of business in the transfer window for those ITK?

Kelty boys are for next season. Mcglynn though certainly seems to be planning for moves in the window anyway.