The Falkirk FC Thread

59 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

And who are those guys exactly?  McCann who has arguably been one of our best players? or McKay and Nesbitt who are keeping JM signings out of the team? Hetherington I'll give you is a waste of a jersey but there's an argument that McGuffie is a decent enough squad player.

Or are you talking about Ross, Wilson, Holt Jr who are/were likely earning buttons with us.

Try a wee bit of reality from time to time.

Mcguffie is shit. Scores a worldie every 6 months and that's about it.  Teams got worse since Mackay came in for yeats if you ask me but yeats being a youngster was always going to have a form dip. Nesbitt is the best of the dire bunch we've been stranded with but that's not saying much.  Christ Williamson can't tie his own shoelace without getting injured and yet we gave him a two year bloody deal too.  

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 hour ago, RC_Bairn said:

And who are those guys exactly?  McCann who has arguably been one of our best players? or McKay and Nesbitt who are keeping JM signings out of the team? Hetherington I'll give you is a waste of a jersey but there's an argument that McGuffie is a decent enough squad player.

Or are you talking about Ross, Wilson, Holt Jr who are/were likely earning buttons with us.

Christ, lecturing me on reality?! :rolleyes:

McCann is the ONLY one of his signings that he got right and has given us value for money.

McKay, Williamson, Hetherington, Ross, Wilson and McGuffie have all been various shades of shite. Nesbitt turns up sometimes and is the only other Holt signing that should be considered for a first team slot, however we've got to suffer them all until at least the end of the season and beyond in McKay's case. I don't think any of them will be offered a new deal other than possibly Nesbitt, depending on his form from here on in and, believe it or not, possibly Hetherington who McGlynn uses in a very specific way as a substitute.

The McKay and Nesbitt keeping McGlynn signings out of the team bit doesn't really stack up. Presumably you're talking about Yeats and Lawal being the signings that aren't getting a game? McKay is playing full back in front of Yeats because Yeats isn't a full back and I think he favours experience in the position. He also likes height in the team and sees McKay as a goal threat at set pieces (which he is). Nesbitt in front of Lawal I'll give you however, it was suggested to me that Lawal wasn't doing the defensive bit of the game and needed a bit more coaching in that regard. He's also prone to picking up a booking or two with some rash challenges but he's young and raw and I think McGlynn will improve his game in both regards. He'll certainly be in front of Nesbitt in time IMO.

5 hours ago, RC_Bairn said:

And how much do you imagine 17 year old free agent Finn Yeats was signed on for, since you used him as an example 😂😂

Bam

To have two posters on here that are obviously remnants (or connected to them) of the team that closed our academy, and made some of the worst decisions in our clubs history is quite sad, and that they still feel the need to undermine any progress that needs to be made to rectify this.

It's quite correct to have a different view in football, it's why it's our most popular sport, however this constant undermining makes me question what they got out of it and why they would want further turmoil.

1 hour ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

To have two posters on here that are obviously remnants (or connected to them) of the team that closed our academy, and made some of the worst decisions in our clubs history is quite sad, and that they still feel the need to undermine any progress that needs to be made to rectify this.

It's quite correct to have a different view in football, it's why it's our most popular sport, however this constant undermining makes me question what they got out of it and why they would want further turmoil.

It’s probably pretty clear to most which two you are referring to however I’m happy to give them the benefit of the doubt at the moment and just presume they have overtly cynical personalities or maybe have more of the pessimist about them than some but reading through a lot of the stuff they have posted it is consistently one track so I really cant blame you or others for drawing those conclusions. If your suspicions are correct then yes, it is indeed pretty sad. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

28 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

It’s probably pretty clear to most which two you are referring to however I’m happy to give them the benefit of the doubt at the moment and just presume they have overtly cynical personalities or maybe have more of the pessimist about them than some but reading through a lot of the stuff they have posted it is consistently one track so I really cant blame you or others for drawing those conclusions. If your suspicions are correct then yes, it is indeed pretty sad. 

I think you are being overly kind to these two bitter dregs from the previous calamitous regime.

On 13/12/2022 at 15:12, RC55 FFC said:

Another episode in the bag last night. Hope you are all enjoying/getting something from the podcasts but if not & think we could tweak something or mix it up, just let us know on here or via the social accounts.

Thanks to the 1500-2000 of you who listen/download/watch every week 💪🏼

Cheers to everyone who has given this weeks episode a listen/watch. A reminder we preview Alloa on Saturday too so hit us up before 3pm on Saturday. 

Without being all “YouTube”, if you do watch, subscribe to the channel & it’ll show every Monday. Likewise, if you listen on Apple, Spotify etc then remember to follow & hit “Audio Download” too for auto downloads every week too. 

We are also going to be remembering all those Bairns who’ve gone too soon in 2022 in the last episode of the year so drop me a message here or DM us on FB or Twitter if their is a pal or family member you want us to include.

6C9121F8-0FF3-4D8C-8E7D-1EC822876746.jpeg

13 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yeats will be on peanuts compared to some of the dross on Holt's contracts. He's a young player playing his first ever season of football at this level and has done pretty well considering majority of his games have been at right back. My one criticism would be mcglynns idea of playing him in a more forward midfield role as he's better suited in a more defensive role for me.  

It certainly takes more than 4 months to build a side. I don't think mcglynn turned Raith into league one 'winners' in one season either of the times he got them promoted. We still look 3 players short to me. A rock in the middle a decent right back and a finisher. We have a lot of decent players up front but noone you'd bank on for 20 goals at this level. If we had McManus this season we'd win the league at a canter for example.

From what you say, I’d think JMcG is seeing Yeats developing as a DM/Playmaker like he had in Hendry. The one thing JMcG was consistently good at was developing young players into contributors, so that probably bodes well for Yeats over the next couple of seasons. Knowing JMcG’s preferences, I’m sure he came in thinking he’d use MacKay and Watson as the spine for his defence, as he values the experience they have. McGinn is there to be his rock in the middle and provide guidance and training for Yeats development…so if you see still needing a rock in the middle, that’s not a good sign…however, even with Hendry, we had Spencer and Matthews to add stiffness and bite, so maybe you just need someone beyond McGinn.

On the minus side, Kennedy is a typical JMcG attacker love interest, supposedly small, fast and skilled enough to dart through the defences…unfortunately, his taste here is usually somewhat poor. For that reason, you may want to hope he doesn’t find the third need you identified, as it’ll likely be a waste of a wage.

51 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I love Simon. I think a lot of what he says is playing up to his persona tbh.

Of course he is. I don't think I've seen or heard a Stainrod interview yet where he is not, to a greater or lesser degree, embellishing that image and playing the role. Arrogant, for sure, maybe even a bit obnoxious, but by god he had the talent to back it all up. Give me his ego and swagger, in fact I'd take 1/100th of it, over the craven, gutless, "we've no right to be competing with Airdrie/Cove Rangers/Montrose/QP/Dunfermline type-attitude that is all too pervasive around the club and amongst a section of the support these days.

A genius.

11 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

I have no links to any regimes, current or previous. I have and will continue to praise the board and team when appropriate and criticise when necessary.

What is clear is that there are a number of posters who (often rightly) criticised previous boards and managers but will now not tolerate any scrutiny of what is going on at the club. It is getting to North Korean-esque levels of paranoia where anyone who doesn’t just clap like a performing seal must be connected to the previous board.

54 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I have no links to any regimes, current or previous. I have and will continue to praise the board and team when appropriate and criticise when necessary.

What is clear is that there are a number of posters who (often rightly) criticised previous boards and managers but will now not tolerate any scrutiny of what is going on at the club. It is getting to North Korean-esque levels of paranoia where anyone who doesn’t just clap like a performing seal must be connected to the previous board.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Get a grip it’s a Scottish first division football team we’re talking about, one that we are all meant to be fans off

Edited by grumpyoldman

8 hours ago, AGPar said:

Of course he is. I don't think I've seen or heard a Stainrod interview yet where he is not, to a greater or lesser degree, embellishing that image and playing the role. Arrogant, for sure, maybe even a bit obnoxious, but by god he had the talent to back it all up. Give me his ego and swagger, in fact I'd take 1/100th of it, over the craven, gutless, "we've no right to be competing with Airdrie/Cove Rangers/Montrose/QP/Dunfermline type-attitude that is all too pervasive around the club and amongst a section of the support these days.

A genius.

I just can’t believe a Falkirk fan called him a p***k tbh.

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Pedro, I've given you a Greenie for the part of your post that I've emboldened.

The part after that is a tad OTT.

Guest Brockvillenomore
3 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It is getting to North Korean-esque levels of paranoia where anyone who doesn’t just clap like a performing seal must be connected to the previous board.

This ⬆️ and the suggestion from @RC_Bairn that a failure to criticise the board on P&B keeps them in power is the best entertainment I've seen here for ages.