The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I agree we need to get 2/3 people in January but let’s get some out that are just burning cash. 

The issue is getting contracted players out. I totally agree we need players out and new ones in but it’s going to be hard to move them on if they don’t want to go or can’t get another club. I pray the club manage it though.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Guest Back Post Misses
26 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s getting the right 2 to 3 players that worries me and I’m not sure we are good in that respect. Another 2 like PJ or Oliver and I’d rather we didn’t bother tbh.

That’s the managers job. I don’t see him signing players for the sake of it. I would cut the keeper some slack TBF. He hasn’t played since August. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Guest Back Post Misses
36 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

The issue is getting contracted players out. I totally agree we need players out and new ones in but it’s going to be hard to move them on if they don’t want to go or can’t get another club. I pray the club manage it though.

Probably a better chance in January with only a few months left on most contracts. 

46 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

That’s the managers job. I don’t see him signing players for the sake of it. I would cut the keeper some slack TBF. He hasn’t played since August. 

I’m not judging him on last night. I had major reservations after we lost 4 goals to Killie when the Crunchie stand was opened and my reservations remain. He doesn’t command his box and his distribution is poor. I don’t think he’s good enough.

Pre season it was all well can't ask too much this season as long as we see improvement, team heading in the right direction and hopefully playoff and now it's all doom and gloom as we might not win the league. Are we in a better place than last season? Undoubtedly yes.  Has our recruitment been better again yes. We've gone from signing duds in the majority to making a majority that improve the side. Could it be better yes of course it could. Most teams would say the same mind you. Still too many appearances for mcguffie and nesbitt and hetherington showed again last night why he's a complete waste of a wage.  Signing Oliver might've been ok if we hadn't had so much similar on the books already but he just seems to be another in the mold of those just mentioned.  We rely far too heavily on mcginn in the middle of the park. At 34 to me his legs are beginning to struggle but he has to play every week due to the backup being hetherington. He really needs a break now and again. Lack of a proper right back is a major issue and should've been addressed .  I think mcglynn thought he could probably get by with Williamson for a season but his lack of availability is just ludicrous.  Seems to have now got injured on parental leave . Guys a complete wage thief.  Up front we just don't have anyone that's going to get you 15 to 20 goals in this league and that's the big issue.  Burrell has promise but is still very raw and Alegria is decent but he's not prolific by any means. If we are to push Dunfermline who whilst also struggling a bit up top are rock solid at the back we need a right back a decent water carrier in the middle of the park and someone to finish off the numerous chances we do create.  I still feel though that playoffs are the most likely and then who knows. I'd be more worried facing Airdrie or Montrose than Arbroath or Hamilton to be honest.

Edited by Shodwall cat

24 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Pre season it was all well can't ask too much this season as long as we see improvement, team heading in the right direction and hopefully playoff and now it's all doom and gloom as we might not win the league. Are we in a better place than last season? Undoubtedly yes.  Has our recruitment been better again yes. We've gone from signing duds in the majority to making a majority that improve the side. Could it be better yes of course it could. Most teams would say the same mind you. Still too many appearances for mcguffie and nesbitt and hetherington showed again last night why he's a complete waste of a wage.  Signing Oliver might've been ok if we hadn't had so much similar on the books already but he just seems to be another in the mold of those just mentioned.  We rely far too heavily on mcginn in the middle of the park. At 34 to me his legs are beginning to struggle but he has to play every week due to the backup being hetherington. He really needs a break now and again. Lack of a proper right back is a major issue and should've been addressed .  I think mcglynn thought he could probably get by with Williamson for a season but his lack of availability is just ludicrous.  Seems to have now got injured on parental leave . Guys a complete wage thief.  Up front we just don't have anyone that's going to get you 15 to 20 goals in this league and that's the big issue.  Burrell has promise but is still very raw and Alegria is decent but he's not prolific by any means. If we are to push Dunfermline who whilst also struggling a bit up top are rock solid at the back we need a right back a decent water carrier in the middle of the park and someone to finish off the numerous chances we do create.  I still feel though that playoffs are the most likely and then who knows. I'd be more worried facing Airdrie or Montrose than Arbroath or Hamilton to be honest.

We’ve all worked with someone like Williamson who rarely turns up for work and always has some excuse - in my experience it drives resentment from others.

Guest Back Post Misses
2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

To be honest I think we’ll be lucky to get shot of any of them. What club is going to take them. I wouldn’t be surprised if we go into the arse end of the season with the squad we currently have.

Sneddon gone already 

29 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I agree that expecting to win the title would be unrealistic but to me results simply haven’t been good enough. 8 wins from 17 in league 1 is poor no matter how you look at it.

It does seem like the wheels have come off in recent weeks. 

Williamson is a lost cause I'm afraid and will no-doubt look back on his time with us as very frustrating. 

McGuffie I thought was harshly maligned by some but even I've come around to the fact that he needs to be moved on. 

Hetherington continues to be a very poor man's McGinn and even McGinn is now morphing into a poor man's Hetherington which is quite concerning.

We should also be worried by our lack of goals at the moment. It's noticeable that in the last few games our furthest forward players in the box at times have been McKay and McGinn and Oliver when chances have presented themselves. 

Apart from Kennedy's goal at the weekend our advanced players like Morrison, Nesbitt, Alegria and Burrell aren't getting anywhere near what a "form" team should be. 

JMcG does not have his problems to seek at the minute!

McGinn is being hung out to dry by the imposters, Lawal excepted, playing alongside him.

Hardly surprising that he looks tired later in games given the running he has to do to cover other’s inadequacies.

I would persevere with PJ in goal now that he is fit again, obviously very rusty but a big lad and would free up Hogarth wages for hopefully a competent outfielder.

Surely to God the Manager now sees that one central striker is a complete non starter with the players that we have.

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m not judging him on last night. I had major reservations after we lost 4 goals to Killie when the Crunchie stand was opened and my reservations remain. He doesn’t command his box and his distribution is poor. I don’t think he’s good enough.

He did well after that initial game till he got hurt. Certainly too few games IMO to write him off