The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
3 minutes ago, 1876 ffc said:

BPM actually thinks we’re a well run club.

Here he goes again. “We’re” - it isn’t your club though - you changed your allegiance. Never appears until we lose.   

Edited by Back Post Misses

Guest Back Post Misses
5 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

Heads gone from you these days btw. 

Holt signed them is 100% accurate. McGlynn should try and chase them 

1 minute ago, Blame Me said:

What was evident tonight was there is next to no variation in our play. 

We pump it into the box or shuffle it side-to-side but we hardly drive into the opposition box or slice a defence open. 

We've become predictable.

Lastly can we get Kennedy off the set-pieces. We've more chance of a penalty than him putting one in the top bin from a dead-ball.

Agreed on the Kennedy set pieces, called the freekick hitting the wall as he stepped up to take it.

We could do with a few improvements in January but I highly doubt the money will be there. 

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Here he goes again. “We’re” - it isn’t your club though - you changed you allegiance. Never appears until we lose.   

Changed allegiance? No. Passionate Bairns fan for many years.

so are you happy with where we are? That’s close to an existential question.

Guest Ecosse83

The constant criticism of the players that were here last season is becoming laughable, I mean how many of Mcglynns signings so far can genuinely be called a success? A few at best for me so far! 

Guest Back Post Misses
1 minute ago, 1876 ffc said:

Changed allegiance? No. Passionate Bairns fan for many years.

so are you happy with where we are? That’s close to an existential question.

You are happy we are losing. You only turn up here when we do to mock the club. And we are being run miles better than a year ago but with lots still to do 

I actually like mcglynn and given where we are I think he is the best man for the job. I also think there is a decent team within our squad somewhere. Do I think mcglynn is playing the best team and tactics? Most weeks the answer is no. I hope he finds out best 11 soon or we'll be too far out of sight of the pars.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

You are happy we are losing. You only turn up here when we do to mock the club. And we are being run miles better than a year ago but with lots still to do 

We’re struggling to make it to the end of the season.

we are flogging ten year season tickets.

how is that an improvement?

Guest Back Post Misses
6 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

The constant criticism of the players that were here last season is becoming laughable, I mean how many of Mcglynns signings so far can genuinely be called a success? A few at best for me so far! 

Keepers, MCginn, Donaldson, Lawal, Henderson, Burrell, Alegria, Kennedy and Yeats are 100% a step up from last season 

Edited by Back Post Misses

2 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Overall probably McGinn, Donaldson, Lawal (when he actually gets on the pitch).  

Burrell, Hogarth, Alegria all ok but we need to play B&A together.   The rest of McGlynn's signings are not better than the Sheerin lot which is why so mamny of them still play.  

Despite a healthy budget in the summer, our best players are still Morrison and McCann which is quite depressing really.  

3 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I would say Coll Donaldson and Stephen McGinn, although McGinn looks like he needs a rest. Finn Yeats, Ola Lawal are in the “have the potential” camp. Leon McCann although not a McGlynn signing has been like a new, decent signing.

I hate our plastic pitch. I'd love to see grass down again. I know it's possible to play decent football on artificial surfaces but I think it encourages the slow laborious shit we so often see. 

Definitely agree that we're in a better place with the running of the club compared to previous years but we are still miles away from where we need to be on the park which is really depressing 

Guest Back Post Misses
Just now, 1876 ffc said:

We’re struggling to make it to the end of the season.

we are flogging ten year season tickets.

how is that an improvement?

Are we? Who told you that? 

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Keepers, Donaldson, Lawal, Henderson, Burrell, Alegria, Kennedy and Yeats are 100% a step up from last season 

Not having Kennedy or Henderson.  Yeats just about gets a pass because he'd be better than McKay at right back but he's fallen away badly after a couple of decent early games.  Carroll deserves some of the chances he gets. 

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

Guest Back Post Misses
Just now, Proudtobeabairn said:

Not having Kennedy or Henderson.  Yeats just about gets a pass because he'd be better than McKay at right back but he's falled away badly after a couple of decent early games.  Carroll deserves some of the chances he gets. 

Henderson is better than Brad MCKay and Kennedy better than McGuffie or Ross. Not convinced Carroll is ready or I am sure he would play - he has been injured though