The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, latapythelegend said:

Feels like we are back to where we were 12 months ago. Haven't kicked a ball since October. We just seem to be back in decline.

Terminal decline 

financially screwed

dreadful players and bang average manager

if we have a team next season it will be striving for tier three survival 

Guest Ecosse83
6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

f**k off. That was on McGlynn tonight 100%. The four i mentioned at HT better not start at Alloa. Fucking imposters. Thanks Gary Holt for signing these you moron 

What’s worrying is those Holt signings are keeping Mcglynns signings out the bloody team. 🤦‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Folk getting their knickers in a twist over losing to a much better side from a league above.

Tonight was a free hit for us, I don't think anyone, given the cup in question, was going to lose any sleep if we won, lost or drew. It's the poor team selection, tactics, misplaced simple passes, poor finishing, poor defending and lack of fight which is more worrying for the league.

1 minute ago, Amarillo Bairn said:
10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:
f**k off. That was on McGlynn tonight 100%. The four i mentioned at HT better not start at Alloa. Fucking imposters. Thanks Gary Holt for signing these you moron 

Never knew Holt was still pulling the strings and making Mcglynn play them

Just seems to me that we’ve got amateurs running our club.

That was awful, especially first half. He got the changes right and I can only presume he tried to give a few players game time like McGuffie and Hetherington. Much better second half and should have scored through Morrison. Alegria and Lawal were bright sparks. Again, I don’t know how anyone can blame McGlynn for Saturday still. Tonight, yes, not Saturday. Sean Mackie lives off that tackle V Hibs. He is murder, just like Henderson. People on here wanted Watson gone in January. He might be our only hope next to Donaldson. 

Guest Back Post Misses
2 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:
11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Never knew Holt was still pulling the strings and making Mcglynn play them

He signed them you fool

Guest Back Post Misses
6 minutes ago, 1876 ffc said:

Just seems to me that we’ve got amateurs running our club.

Oh dear look at the state of this c**t. Only appears when we lose. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

2 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Tonight was a free hit for us, I don't think anyone, given the cup in question, was going to lose any sleep if we won, lost or drew. It's the poor team selection, tactics, misplaced simple passes, poor finishing, poor defending and lack of fight which is more worrying for the league.

Yep. It's not really this game in isolation. It's been a run of really poor form. 

We need to freshen the squad in January and it seems we will not be able to. 

Some of our passing is so pedestrian and decision making is so poor. We are a brutal watch the now.

22 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Shocking tonight.  The hope that Mackie would be better than Henderson is now gone.  Hopefully Watson is back soon as he's now our last chance at having a semi competent central defence.  

The McKay experiment at right back has to be over too surely.  Yeats was far better there. 

McGuffie, Kennedy, Nesbitt and to a lesser extent (but not by much) Oliver constantly getting chances ahead of Lawal is infuriating to watch.  

Has 1 up front EVER worked for us consistently?  

Good post, agree with most if not all of it.

Most fans seem to be in agreement and not with the benefit of hindsight either. That starting 11 was never going to work, much better changes and second half, but by then the game was won.

13 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Folk getting their knickers in a twist over losing to a much better side from a league above.

No knickers in a twist, if you think tonight’s abhorrent display is acceptable and losing to a team that we had one shot between the sticks in ninety minutes isn’t worrying, coupled with a manager who’s selections are baffling at best……

What was evident tonight was there is next to no variation in our play. 

We pump it into the box or shuffle it side-to-side but we hardly drive into the opposition box or slice a defence open. 

We've become predictable.

Lastly can we get Kennedy off the set-pieces. We've more chance of a penalty than him putting one in the top bin from a dead-ball.