The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83

Getting to the stage that I seriously can’t be arsed. 

With these current performances our title challenge will be done by 2nd of January and we will be scrapping to make the play offs again! 

5 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I think burrell has led a really charmed life under mcglynn. Seems first pick striker every week. Misses a lot of sitters, doesn't hold ball up well, gives it away regularly, doesn't attack ball in box, not great in air, pulls out of 50/50s. Possibly a role for him with two up front but never works on his own. He'd be a sub for me. We have better on the bench. 

Don’t disagree. His main threat is pace. Needs the ball to feet in the space in front of him, in to the channels or over the top but if we don’t have players who can get the ball in to the areas he wants it then it’s effectively nullified his main threat. The other thing is that he might not be that good however I would like to see us try and utilise his pace more as he’s pretty rapid and good at getting past defenders.

I can’t believe I’m still watching McKay, McGuffie, Nesbitt and Hetherington in the same team.

Who knew a midfield containing McGuffie, Nesbitt and Hetherington would be absolutely chronic…who knew. It’s not as if it’s not worked before. Baffling. 

Totally wrong line up 

McKay is completely inept at FB / not stopped one cross all night & made zero tackles 

McGuffie & Nesbitt run around in circles & never seem to make forward runs or passes

Hetherington - Why bother?

Surely tonight was about giving the opportunity to experiment with two front men & injecting pace & high press in middle of park  but we resort to slow sideway balls across back four 🙈

9 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I think burrell has led a really charmed life under mcglynn. Seems first pick striker every week. Misses a lot of sitters, doesn't hold ball up well, gives it away regularly, doesn't attack ball in box, not great in air, pulls out of 50/50s. Possibly a role for him with two up front but never works on his own. He'd be a sub for me. We have better on the bench. 

Burrell will never succeed as a lone striker, it’s just not his game.

Would be much better in a two up front style.

Just now, Kircer bairn said:

Totally wrong line up 

McKay is completely inept at FB / not stopped one cross all night & made zero tackles 

McGuffie & Nesbitt run around in circles & never seem to make forward runs or passes

Hetherington - Why bother?

Surely tonight was about giving the opportunity to experiment with two front men & injecting pace & high press in middle of park  but we resort to slow sideway balls across back four 🙈

Bit what did we know / we are just the mugs who pay these guys wages 🤔

31 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Agreed but he still needs to do the basics and control and hold the ball when he does get it.

I didn't realise Kennedy was playing until 26 minutes in. Terrible strike force.

I'd hook Kennedy burrell and mcguffie at half time and put alegria Morrison and lawal on. I'd have started that way too. We've been awful. 

Think mcglynn reads pie and Bovril at half time?