The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Very sad to see that Sammy Wilson has died.

Great player.

One of a few Northern Ireland players we got around that time.

Tommy Lowry and VicMcKinney come to mind.

Yeah, I seen it was on the clubs Twitter today. I think he died at the end of October though so taken us a while to mention it.

Very sad news though as you say.

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Difference of opinion then. He was not up to it no more than that.

Talk about being naive. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Are their genuinely Falkirk fans that think George Fulston was good for us or is this a piss take ?

Interestingly, he wasn’t the worst, if there is a ranking order. I’d save that slot for Deans Mk I. Then Fulston. 

5 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Which one was the butcher? Fulston?

Deans was the butcher from Lauder, down by the Borders, I think.

Fulston had a fork lift truck company. I think he originally came from Hamilton, but not sure.

Edited by Zbairn

On 05/12/2022 at 16:06, Back Post Misses said:

If they didn’t add anything to the budget you were left with 13 players - So that was never a mistake. 

Are you claiming that if there wasn't a six figure increase in your playing budget compared to last season you would have been left with only 13 under contract players with no possibility of making any new signings?

Were the 11 players who left in the summer playing for free or something? You couldn't have kept the budget the same and had the money previously being paid to those players available for new signings?

40 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Are you claiming that if there wasn't a six figure increase in your playing budget compared to last season you would have been left with only 13 under contract players with no possibility of making any new signings?

Were the 11 players who left in the summer playing for free or something? You couldn't have kept the budget the same and had the money previously being paid to those players available for new signings?

There hasn’t been an increase in the playing budget comparing with last season, the overspend has simply maintained the existing playing budget. We had an operating loss in the last year as well, a bigger one than projected this season actually but had cash reserves to cover it. I was told a break even budget based on worst case scenarios would have left us with the squad we had after the out of contract players were released plus the under 18’s, the manager would have had no room to bring players in whatsoever unless he moved contracted players out. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Good example and was well intended spoke to him a few times and his heart was in the right place. But just did not have the business head to pull it off while Brown at St Johnstone did.
Moffet and Allen were good though and started the revival after the Hardy, Manson and Palmer decline

Difference of opinion then. He was not up to it no more than that.

Hiya George, hiya pal!

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

There hasn’t been an increase in the playing budget comparing with last season, the overspend has simply maintained the existing playing budget. We had an operating loss in the last year as well, a bigger one than projected this season actually but had cash reserves to cover it. I was told a break even budget based on worst case scenarios would have left us with the squad we had after the out of contract players were released plus the under 18’s, the manager would have had no room to bring players in whatsoever unless he moved contracted players out. 

Simply not true.  Sheerin/Holt spent the entire playing budget last year.  The budget was supplemented in January when the Patrons joined the board to allow Rennie to sign Griffiths, Kabia and everyone else that came in at that time.  It was slightly offset by the departure of Keena, Hall and McDaid going back to Dundee but nevertheless the budget was increased.  The budget was further increased at the start of this season as admitted to by the current board (listen to the podcast where they say as much).