The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
11 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

I thought he went down very easy when seeing it live, probably a pen but looked a bit theatrical which probably went against him….or am I giving the ref too much credit here 😂

Look at the coverage on Luke McGuire’s video. Two handed shove. PK end of

Guest Back Post Misses
13 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

In our current financial situation it would do serious harm.
Raith only reversed the decision when sponsors and investors started to withdraw, fans threatened to boycott, the woman’s team disowned them, and their reputation started to suffer in the press and media….

I am not saying we would not have taken a hit, kill the club? Nonsense 

Guest Ecosse83
47 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

End of….ok boss I’ll shut up now! 

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Having reviewed it and regardless of my view on Alegria's lack of killer instinct - it's a penalty.

We've seen these poor calls all season and the statistics are damning when allied with video to back-up the incidents.

So much debate around VAR's introduction in the Premiership that Scottish referees association has missed that the refs aren't upto the job and it's only made worse at this level because no-one is scrutinising it.

I'm an FSS member and would love the scheme to succeed though if I'm honest I couldn't care less whether the board was full of Falkirk fans or not.  

The most important thing is that the board are seeking the best for the club.  A sole owner with very deep pockets for example could be very good for the club if they're honest, competent and in it for the right reasons.  

17 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I'm an FSS member and would love the scheme to succeed though if I'm honest I couldn't care less whether the board was full of Falkirk fans or not.  

The most important thing is that the board are seeking the best for the club.  A sole owner with very deep pockets for example could be very good for the club if they're honest, competent and in it for the right reasons.  

Aye, but unless they're a fan, why would they want to buy the club if there wasn't something in it for them? Mark Campbell springs to mind.

17 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Brown at St Johnstone is a good example of it working. Unfortunately, there are plenty of examples of it all going wrong.

2 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Very big if.

5 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Fulston

Good example and was well intended spoke to him a few times and his heart was in the right place. But just did not have the business head to pull it off while Brown at St Johnstone did.

Moffet and Allen were good though and started the revival after the Hardy, Manson and Palmer decline

Guest Back Post Misses
51 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Good example and was well intended spoke to him a few times and his heart was in the right place. But just did not have the business head to pull it off while Brown at St Johnstone did.

Moffet and Allen were good though and started the revival after the Hardy, Manson and Palmer decline

Well intended? He was intent in ripping the shit out of the club. Cup final to administration in 8 months . Well intended my hoop. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Well intended? He was intent in ripping the shit out of the club. Cup final to administration in 8 months . Well intended my hoop. 

Quite a few years back I was behind him in the Europcar queue at Luton Airport and had the small but highly enjoyable pleasure of witnessing his credit cards get knocked back.

Clubs were much less likely to survive back then as there was no administration…….just provisional liquidation followed by liquidation. We were in the former.

It was the meek and mild appearance of administration with absolutely no penalties that saw it adopted as a viable business model by the launderers. Spend what you like, run and hide behind the skirts of administration, and avoid paying your debts and have absolutely zero punishment for doing so.