The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Brockvillenomore
15 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Colin Liddell is a Falkirk supporter

KK is a celtic supporter.....

I see you corrected the spelling of Colin Liddell - is there something you want to tell us 🤣

Just now, Brockvillenomore said:

KK is a celtic supporter.....

I see you corrected the spelling of Colin Liddell - is there something you want to tell us 🤣

KK was commercial director and a very successful one in my view.

Personally I have no issue with occasionally having a non Falkirk supporter on the board so long as the vast majority are fans.

Guest Back Post Misses
15 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

KK was commercial director and a very successful one in my view.

Personally I have no issue with occasionally having a non Falkirk supporter on the board so long as the vast majority are fans.

How do you judge “very successful”? 

Guest Back Post Misses
18 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

He was undoubtedly very successful in terms of increasing and sustaining commercial income. The fact Hibs tried to poach him tells you that.

Does it? Based on what results? Our top line has never moved very far for many years. Doesn’t strike me as someone who was “very successful”. 
His last sponsor went well. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Does it? Based on what results? Our top line has never moved very far for many years. Doesn’t strike me as someone who was “very successful”. 
His last sponsor went well. 

Based on the commercial income. Look at our commercial income before KK came in and after he left, there’s a big difference.

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Many things I would call him other than that with his promotion of Mark Campbell

Guest Back Post Misses
2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Based on the commercial income. Look at our commercial income before KK came in and after he left, there’s a big difference.

Was it? I would like to see it. The accounts were never very clear to judge properly.

Alex Totten’s income generation was a key factor as we saw when he left. 

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

In our current financial situation it would do serious harm.
Raith only reversed the decision when sponsors and investors started to withdraw, fans threatened to boycott, the woman’s team disowned them, and their reputation started to suffer in the press and media….

The SNP £500k handout was what saved RR. Their sponsorship cash fell off a cliff, and they still had to pay out the four figure salary to “him”.

Transfer those losses with no SNP money to cover the losses, and we would have been in a very perilous state. There was not a direct and easy comparison twixt RR and us, and. It would have been a hell of an ask to expect well heeled fans to cover the losses that would have tumbled down upon our collective heads.

Thankfully, we only have a shortfall of £400k……..it could have been much much worse.

There are no eejits on our Board, and I am confident enough that they have learned many a lesson since the massive upheaval of last December and January.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

John 

19 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

📱💻🎧 This weeks episode of the podcast is now available on YouTube, Apple, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. We talk about THAT miss, penalty claims & we look at all of the Bairns news from the last 7 days👇🏼

F009E0FA-410F-455A-9914-9673CC9BE7B0.jpeg

John McGlynn to the Falkirk Board:

"Please Sirs, can I have some more (money to buy players)? Oliver's shite!

Some-more GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by Bairn in Exile

4 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

ermmmmm no he isn't !  As far as I am led to believe, he didn't get his shares by buying them and then departed as soon as he could with a nice wee wedge. 

Always known to be a Jambo.

3 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

He was undoubtedly very successful in terms of increasing and sustaining commercial income. The fact Hibs tried to poach him tells you that.

Strange that he never made the move to Hibs who after all are a much bigger club with vastly bigger commercial potential.

47 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Falkirk were in for Goodwillie last December/this January. Ironically it was probably his relationship with McGlynn which sealed the signing for us.

Well, we've only got your word for that and you're a bit of an enigma TBH.

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Was it? I would like to see it. The accounts were never very clear to judge properly.

Alex Totten’s income generation was a key factor as we saw when he left. 

Indeed. When Totten departed, he took a lot of well managed sponsorship accounts with him….…people that KK hadn’t any relationship with. Said before…..you cannot have a salary plus commission employee on a BoD. It drives entirely the wrong behaviours. Stuff that didn’t bring commission (the retail side) suffered significant neglect because of it.

If there’s a big missing now, it’s marketing. There’s a world of difference between offering stuff for sale and marketing the stuff that’s for sale, but I am hopeful that it will be addressed in the not too distant future.