The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
50 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Sorry BPM but signing Goodwillie is not just a manager decision….and if it is at our club I’d be even more concerned…

If you give the manager full responsibility then IMO it is. 

Guest Back Post Misses
34 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

That is simply untrue.  They could have ran with the same budget as last season and ran with a similar sized squad as last season.  But they didn't and that has a financial impact.

No it isn’t. 

54 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

What players we sign should 100% be up the the manager, how the manager spends his playing budget is completely his domain IMO. I’d be quite heavily opposed to any BOD at the club interfering with footballing matters in the way, it just does not work at our level and even further up the pyramid I can’t think of many examples where a manager not being in control of what players sign for the club has yielded much success. 

I agree in 99.9% of cases. However, quite clearly the objections to signing Goodwillie were not based on footballing reasons. So to suggest that the board should or would have no involvement in that decision is wide of the mark in my view.

13 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

If you give the manager full responsibility then IMO it is. 

That is bollocks. A decision that may have killed off Falkirk FC cannot be down solely to a coach with a 6 month contract.

it was a unique case. But let’s not go over it all again, hideous chapter. 

I doubt we'll sign anyone in January unless there's outgoings and even then I don't think the money is there to pay them off. Sneddon is already away on loan, Wilson being injured is a bonus for him in that it means he'll probably see out the two year contract he was given laughable as it was. Which leaves Seb Ross, and possibly Watson. 

Guest Brockvillenomore
50 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Pretty easy. Some members of previous Boards were not fans. 

This board is made up of fans…..end of!

2 members voted by the 600+ FSS members

2 members voted  by the patrons

1 member pre existing

Previous boards comprised or were hand picked by majority shareholders.

Quite a difference IMHO.

Guest Back Post Misses
15 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

So you would not have criticised Gary Deans for allowing Miller and McCracken to sign him?

No, he had many many more things to criticise him about. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

1 minute ago, Brockvillenomore said:

2 members voted by the 600+ FSS members

2 members voted  by the patrons

1 member pre existing

Previous boards comprised or were hand picked by majority shareholders.

Quite a difference IMHO.

Absolutely. Not to mention buddies being appointed, plus others who had no affiliation to the club whatsoever . 

Guest Back Post Misses
20 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

That is bollocks. A decision that may have killed off Falkirk FC cannot be down solely to a coach with a 6 month contract.

it was a unique case. But let’s not go over it all again, hideous chapter. 

I tell what is bollocks that it would have killed the club.  It didn’t kill Raith and would not have killed FFC. That doesn’t mean I would have signed him though

Edited by Back Post Misses

6 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Doug Henderson was a Falkirk supporter if that’s who you’re referring to 

Nope.

The most recent I can think of are “The Rawlins” and Colin Liddel.

I’m sure there are a few more if you care to go back far enough. 

46 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I agree in 99.9% of cases. However, quite clearly the objections to signing Goodwillie were not based on footballing reasons. So to suggest that the board should or would have no involvement in that decision is wide of the mark in my view.

McGlynn has the say so on players, like a manager should have, but we’re kidding ourselves if it doesn’t need signed off by the chairman or BOD in our set up.

What players we sign should 100% be up to the manager, how the manager spends his playing budget is completely his domain IMO. I’d be quite heavily opposed to any BOD at the club interfering with footballing matters in that way, it just does not work at our level and even further up the pyramid I can’t think of many examples where a manager not being in control of what players sign for the club has yielded much success. 

So you are quite happy that a manager decision can damage the clubs potential future income and reputation? Your approach is fine the majority of the time but not on this one.
Seriously…in what other aspect of business would such an approach that the managers make strategic decisions that could harm the firm, with the directors excluded?…

46 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Anyway how is this not a PK? 

IMG_6483.MOV 697.35 kB · 5 downloads  

It is but as we all know, the refs at this level (especially) are terrible!

We can focus on that but Alegrias indecision is equally poor. 

Before the defender got back he had time to make up his mind and pick a spot but he dithered and dithered allowing Lyness to narrow his angle and the defender an opportunity to recover (foul him).

For me, Alegria gives the ref a let off by not shooting earlier and looks like he's played for it so the ref can wave it away.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. He's not clinical enough in those situations.

I tell what is bollocks that it would have killed the club.  It didn’t kill Raith and would not have killed FFC. That doesn’t mean I would have signed him though

In our current financial situation it would do serious harm.
Raith only reversed the decision when sponsors and investors started to withdraw, fans threatened to boycott, the woman’s team disowned them, and their reputation started to suffer in the press and media….