The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Brockvillenomore
52 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Yet from our two games so far you've failed to beat us with an aggregate score of 5-1 to Airdrie. 😂

But yeah, we are pish and your huge club are superb. There's 3 points in it and we will strengthen a fair bit in Jan whilst you'll acquire even more debt whilst trying to sell off bits of the stadium along with 10 year season tickets in a desperate bid to not run out of money before the end of the season. 

Best get used to the decline mate, as it’s only going to get worse. 👍

Haven’t you got pigeons to shout at mate? 

1 hour ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Yet from our two games so far you've failed to beat us with an aggregate score of 5-1 to Airdrie. 😂

But yeah, we are pish and your huge club are superb. There's 3 points in it and we will strengthen a fair bit in Jan whilst you'll acquire even more debt whilst trying to sell off bits of the stadium along with 10 year season tickets in a desperate bid to not run out of money before the end of the season. 

Best get used to the decline mate, as its only going to get worse. 👍

You were 5 points clear of us after 2 games, your 8 points worse than us over the next 15 games.  See if you can do something worthwhile and win in two weeks time, do us all a favour

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

You don't say? Well I never.

Well… I just wanted to clarify, as a majority of your posters seem to think they should be in the Championship.

I see from McGlynn’s post match interview that he’s saying you’ve no money to bring other players in, so there won’t be a silver bullet coming around come the winter transfer window. Have even seen rumours that Falkirk could be finished by the end of the season… are things really this grave?

Well… I just wanted to clarify, as a majority of your posters seem to think they should be in the Championship.
I see from McGlynn’s post match interview that he’s saying you’ve no money to bring other players in, so there won’t be a silver bullet coming around come the winter transfer window. Have even seen rumours that Falkirk could be finished by the end of the season… are things really this grave?
His post match really seemed as if the reality was sinking in.

7 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Probably not but serious investment would be nice.

I've heard some pretty grim rumours about Falkirk's current financial troubles including running out of money before the end of the season and how bad it will be if they don't get promoted this season. Could all be nonsense of course, but the sponsor a step and 10yr season ticket initiatives do stink of desperate measures to get money in fast. 

Guest Brockvillenomore
18 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

I've heard some pretty grim rumours about Falkirk's current financial troubles including running out of money before the end of the season and how bad it will be if they don't get promoted this season. Could all be nonsense of course, but the sponsor a step and 10yr season ticket initiatives do stink of desperate measures to get money in fast. 

Here you go mate. Fill your boots 😂

A9A74168-596A-4396-9B82-9B0CB1C29E23.jpeg

Edited by Brockvillenomore

Guest Ecosse83
4 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Let's get this clear you think the players left over from last season are all better than the players mcglynn signed apart from Wilson and Ross? Please tell me I'm getting this wrong?

Wow what a way to twist what I said, at no point did I say they were better 😂🤷‍♂️

45 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

We’ve sold steps for about 4/5 years. 

And it’s fairly well documented/advertised that the 25 (twenty five) only 10 year season tickets ARE to bring cash in fast. Not sure why it’s up for debate as something else. 

5 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

In my view the approach the current board are taking on the academy is the right one- i.e. not chucking cash we don’t have at it.

It needs to be understood imo that the academy is there to support the first team and not the other way round. We are a professional football team, not a youth club, and I think that distinction was lost at times with the previous academy.

Clearly closing the academy entirely was the wrong decision but I do think what was being spent was unsustainable. I don’t think we should be looking to just reinstate the previous structure any time soon as it needs to be done in a sustainable and affordable way.

How much were we spending on the academy previously?

21 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

How much were we spending on the academy previously?

Think the question should be “what return did we get from the academy?” . Simplistically how much per year did we pay out and what did we recoup in transfer fees and add ons?  That also doesn’t take into account game time in an FFC shirt.

8 hours ago, Zbairn said:

Think the question should be “what return did we get from the academy?” . Simplistically how much per year did we pay out and what did we recoup in transfer fees and add ons?  That also doesn’t take into account game time in an FFC shirt.

That’s all very well if you’ve got the money to spend in the first place. We have a £400k black hole as it is and are looking at part time football next season.

In my view it would be reckless and irresponsible to spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on an academy in our current predicament. The board are absolutely right not to entertain it and have us become a youth club with a sideline in professional football.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

13 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Let’s just hope the club can somehow steer its way through these troubled times.

I can understand the 25STs and the immediate cash injection, but is it really that bad ? 

All they have to do is issue a statement outlining the facts.

They will need to do that anyway for the AGM.

32 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Let’s just hope the club can somehow steer its way through these troubled times.

I can understand the 25STs and the immediate cash injection, but is it really that bad ? 

I don’t think it’s as bad as people make out. The BoD have spelled it out that we probably will need around £400k to cover a potential operating loss by the end of the season. New investment, loans and other incentives are the way to cover this shortfall. A half decent cup run and draw would help a lot as well.

This is not unusual for football clubs at our level. In the past we have been fortunate to cover this by Academy players being sold, the occasional transfer and sell-ons, a la Will Vaulks.

The issue is for next season if we are to operate under similar circumstances, because the club doesn’t get promotion. The club needs to identify ways to run as an ongoing business. This could mean going hybrid part-time. It could also mean potentially giving up on the fan ownership model and selling the existing unsold shares to someone.

Getting promoted would certainly help as the cash from the SPFL increases significantly. It would probably steady the ship financially but maybe not be enough to allow us to bring in the type of player needed for a push to the Premier league.

Edited by Zbairn

11 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Wow what a way to twist what I said, at no point did I say they were better 😂🤷‍♂️

You said none of them were worse so at the bare minimum they are all on the same level which is utter nonsense. Comparing Steven mcginn to hetherington. Just nuts.

10 minutes ago, Benny74 said:

Was the rumour about the AGM true or rubbish or a mixture of both? In order to sell the season tickets people will need some reassurance that the tickets will remain valid.

2 posts on the forum, as a Pars fan, both about Falkirks imminent demise 😂

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

You said none of them were worse so at the bare minimum they are all on the same level which is utter nonsense. Comparing Steven mcginn to hetherington. Just nuts.

Honestly just stop twisting what I’ve said and go away 😂

Absolutely pathetic!