The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

The thing is 3 of the 4 subs that came on were Mcglynn signings. On the whole I don’t think any of the players that remained from last season are below what Mcglynn has brought in (Wilson and Ross obvious exceptions). 

I like Mcglynn and think he will eventually get us up but he’s open to a little criticism now and again! 

Thing is, with Hartley, McKinnon, Sheerin and Rennie there was a feeling, for me anyway, that the position was hopeless, just couldn't see any way forward. I didn't get that with Miller and McCracken at first because I do think we would have won the league in the Covid season but, at the end, they had dropped off a cliff. McGlynn's making mistakes, no doubt about that, his substitutions for example tend to be like for like or generally fairly uninspiring (Lawal excepted). I don't get that impression with McGlynn. Like yourself, I do think that he will eventually get us up (if we can negotiate our way through our current financial predicament) but we'll probably have to wait until beyond next summer when we can offload several players to allow him to recruit better replacements.

I have seen plenty of what you have written including the gem about one of McGlynn’s decisions in a recent game you charmer that you are 

I used to look forward to your posts but nowadays you appear to be here to sanitise anything critical of the club.
Three games without a win and in each McGlynn appeared clueless re how to turn the situation around so I question if he’s found his level. I’ll be happy to be proved otherwise.
And as for the charmer comment, it was your rather offensive comment that set the rudeness in motion….

25 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

The sheer comedy value of posts like this is just superb. So far up your own arse and cannot see that you're just as 'pish' as the teams you've mentioned. Get those Lolkirk glasses off and see the truth. You're bang average. 

Another one who likes to come on here to break to us exactly what we’ve been saying for years. We are very aware of our level thanks. Last year it was clear that you were better than us, I don’t think that’s the case anymore. My original point stands - Airdrie are pish. 

On 03/12/2022 at 11:56, bridge of allan bairn said:

The academy is the other thing that as soon as it gets back to where it was the better. Appreciate strides are being made here.

Build these two foundations and everything else will come.

In my view the approach the current board are taking on the academy is the right one- i.e. not chucking cash we don’t have at it.

It needs to be understood imo that the academy is there to support the first team and not the other way round. We are a professional football team, not a youth club, and I think that distinction was lost at times with the previous academy.

Clearly closing the academy entirely was the wrong decision but I do think what was being spent was unsustainable. I don’t think we should be looking to just reinstate the previous structure any time soon as it needs to be done in a sustainable and affordable way.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

6 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

In my view the approach the current board are taking on the academy is the right one- i.e. not chucking cash we don’t have at it.

It needs to be understood imo that the academy is there to support the first team and not the other way round. We are a professional football team, not a youth club, and I think that distinction was lost at times with the previous academy.

Clearly closing the academy entirely was the wrong decision but I do think what was being spent was unsustainable. I don’t think we should be looking to just reinstate the previous structure any time soon as it needs to be done in a sustainable and affordable way.

The academy was the only thing that kept the club solvent for many seasons. You can almost plot our decline (and financial issues) with the closure of the Academy.

it also allowed the club to bring in some cracking first team players on relatively low wages. 

The quicker we get something similar back, the better.

7 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

The academy was the only thing that kept the club solvent for many seasons. You can almost plot our decline (and financial issues) with the closure of the Academy.

it also allowed the club to bring in some cracking first team players on relatively low wages. 

The quicker we get something similar back, the better.

As I said, it was the wrong decision to close the academy. However, in my view, it was simply not sustainable to continue paying for multiple teams at different age groups etc outside the premier league.

Yes, the academy contributed through player sales. But that pathway seemed to be drying up. So to say that is the reason for our decline isn’t true Imo.

For me it would be lunacy spending significant sums on reinstating a full academy while we languish in league 1 and there are so many deficiencies on and off the park. The board are quite right not to do that.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

9 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I must have missed the part where 3rd place equals 1st place. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sigh... WTF are you on about mate? Where did he say that we should be first? he's saying we don't deserve to be top because we're not good enough, even though the league is full of shite. It's really not hard if you try hard enough FFS.

Some Airdrie fan earlier in the thread says that we can't even overcome this Airdrie team with your threadbare squad and he's right! Our deficiencies are of our own making.

Guest Back Post Misses
38 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I used to look forward to your posts but nowadays you appear to be here to sanitise anything critical of the club.
Three games without a win and in each McGlynn appeared clueless re how to turn the situation around so I question if he’s found his level. I’ll be happy to be proved otherwise.
And as for the charmer comment, it was your rather offensive comment that set the rudeness in motion….

Rubbish. I was critical of yesterdays performance in terms of our inability to take chances and have been critical on plenty other times this season. 

I ain’t getting into a tit for tat with you but you went down in my estimations when you started the “mates on the board boring shite” and the ridiculous defending of the statement you made regarding one of McGlynn’s calls a few weeks ago. It was preposterous, both statement and defence. 

On here you, IMO, have been the most critical of MCGlynn. He has come in made us a better watch and improved us. Certainly not improved us as much as we would like still but improved us nonetheless. He won’t be, and IMO, shouldn’t be judged properly till after the next two windows. I have said all along patience would required. I even went on Falkirk Daft and said there is still a long way to go to sort this mess out, and yes the club was left in an utter mess. The guys are doing a great job sorting things behind the scenes and I am confident that the gap in the budget will be filled if it is not already. 

I will move on from what has been said now up to you if you wish to. 

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

The thing is 3 of the 4 subs that came on were Mcglynn signings. On the whole I don’t think any of the players that remained from last season are below what Mcglynn has brought in (Wilson and Ross obvious exceptions). 

I like Mcglynn and think he will eventually get us up but he’s open to a little criticism now and again! 

Let's get this clear you think the players left over from last season are all better than the players mcglynn signed apart from Wilson and Ross? Please tell me I'm getting this wrong?

14 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Ye ragin? 

Seems like you are. At least you have your invincibles to watch every week. 👍😂

Sorry mate but I’m not the least bit ragin. The fact that most of my post was about us losing to shite teams yet you refer to us as the invincibles tells us everything we need to know. You’re either on a shite fishing trip or you’re miles out your depth so either way I’ll leave you to get on with it 👍🏻

Rubbish. I was critical of yesterdays performance in terms of our inability to take chances and have been critical on plenty other times this season. 

I ain’t getting into a tit for tat with you but you went down in my estimations when you started the “mates on the board boring shite” and the ridiculous defending of the statement you made regarding one of McGlynn’s calls a few weeks ago. It was preposterous, both statement and defence. 
On here you, IMO, have been the most critical of MCGlynn. He has come in made us a better watch and improved us. Certainly not improved us as much as we would like still but improved us nonetheless. He won’t be, and IMO, shouldn’t be judged properly till after the next two windows. I have said all along patience would required. I even went on Falkirk Daft and said there is still a long way to go to sort this mess out, and yes the club was left in an utter mess. The guys are doing a great job sorting things behind the scenes and I am confident that the gap in the budget will be filled if it is not already. 
I will move on from what has been said now up to you if you wish to. 

I am not sure how I can write that he’s the best we have had since Houstie but he deemed the most critical when there are others apparently questioning if we should be considering change?
I have noted the very pro board sentiments on here for weeks and weeks and have always approached things on here from a devils advocate perspective as I hate the imbalance that I think we are seeing on here at the moment and there are plenty of us on here that are fed up with the constant defence of anything that gets criticised by those of us not in the know.
You should note that again, you are doing the same of myself.
Irrespective, I think we are a better team and I DO feel we have better people in place but I’m genuinely concerned re our financial situation and the fact that we need to go cap in hand to the very people we were trying to get shot of. What worries me more is that we have no update on that and possible credible indication that the accounts may not yet be signed off and AGM postponed.
I’ll accept and apologise for the dig at you re friends on the board as that was probably unfair, but I also think you need to accept that from an outsiders perspective the board should receive the same balanced criticism of previous boards when there are issues in question.
I’ll leave it there and continue to look forward to your constructive and informative posts on occasion……

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

Another one who likes to come on here to break to us exactly what we’ve been saying for years. We are very aware of our level thanks. Last year it was clear that you were better than us, I don’t think that’s the case anymore. My original point stands - Airdrie are pish. 

Yet from our two games so far you've failed to beat us with an aggregate score of 5-1 to Airdrie. 😂

But yeah, we are pish and your huge club are superb. There's 3 points in it and we will strengthen a fair bit in Jan whilst you'll acquire even more debt whilst trying to sell off bits of the stadium along with 10 year season tickets in a desperate bid to not run out of money before the end of the season. 

Best get used to the decline mate, as its only going to get worse. 👍

10 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Yet from our two games so far you've failed to beat us with an aggregate score of 5-1 to Airdrie. 😂

But yeah, we are pish and your huge club are superb. There's 3 points in it and we will strengthen a fair bit in Jan whilst you'll acquire even more debt whilst trying to sell off bits of the stadium along with 10 year season tickets in a desperate bid to not run out of money before the end of the season. 

Best get used to the decline mate, as its only going to get worse. 👍

You either can't read, comprehend or are a bit thick.

3 hours ago, AGPar said:

Ross, in the season prior to signing for us, appeared in 10 League One games for Cove Rangers, and never once completed a full 90 minutes. The only thing more astonishing to Dumbarton fans than Wilson hanging around on trial for weeks on end was him subsequently being offered a two-year contract as a full-time professional footballer. Your characterisation that they have somehow left regular playing time to pick up a wage for essentially training Monday to Friday at Falkirk is completely inaccurate. This pair and the even more obscure and pointless Sneddon and Malcolm are in "limbo" for one simple reason, which is that they do not have, and never have had, the ability to cut it at even this level of football. 

Sneddon and Malcolm should have been offered a deal to go and cut the losses giving the guys a chance of playing a regular game somewhere.

Let's say 8 month salary and go. The club saves 4 months pay, NI, Pension, Insurance both parties win.

Thats near the funds for 1 new signing.

Which brings me back to my original post about the player churn over the last 5 seasons that's been a disgrace. Contributed to our decline and most certainly will have put off potential signings. 

We desperately need a 7-8 player shoe in every week in key positions.