The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I do feel sorry for the signed players with no future but being held back through the reasonable security of a contract in these times but no other takers in the market. Take the likes of Snedden, Ross, Wilson left clubs where they were playing hoping to step up a level and ended up in limbo that could end their careers

Surely it’s the obvious lack of ability that will end their careers.

Guest Back Post Misses
3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

If you bothered to check I wrote earlier that he was our best manager since Houston you numbskull….

I have seen plenty of what you have written including the gem about one of McGlynn’s decisions in a recent game you charmer that you are 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

And Peterhead drew at EEP. McGlynn shagged your Mrs? 

This response is childish. Doesn’t do anything for your continued claims of us all needing to pull together. Fans will always have different opinions and it’s no unjust for there to be any criticism of McGlynn given some of the recent results. Doesn’t mean to say he should be sacked.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Well of course the missed chances cost us because we would have won otherwise. Never read anything so ludicrous. He set us up in a way where we attacked them. He can’t control the players, it’s not fifa.

The only ludicrous thing is to use ‘it’s not Fifa’ as an argument to deflect any criticism of a manager. McGlynn is not unique in some of the issues he has with the squad but definitely bears responsibility for winning only 2 of the last 6 matches in League One. 

25 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

The only ludicrous thing is to use ‘it’s not Fifa’ as an argument to deflect any criticism of a manager. McGlynn is not unique in some of the issues he has with the squad but definitely bears responsibility for winning only 2 of the last 6 matches in League One. 

The chance Gary Oliver missed yesterday is not the fault of any manager, it was easier to score than miss ffs and you are saying that it’s basically an excuse. Well it’s not because we would have won the game otherwise. I never said McGlynn can’t be criticised, I did so myself yesterday when I said he swaps the strikers too early in some games IMO or in games against tough midfields he should start Hetherington. However, you cannot blame him for the chances we missed yesterday. That’s what cost us, not McGlynn.

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

This is starting to become very frustrating but the shouts of McGinns legs being gone and the comparison between McGlynn and Miller and McCracken are just nonsense.

McGlynn is by far and aware the best manager we’ve had since Houston but he can’t go without criticism. Playing Gary Oliver over the player of the month is crazy and the constant swapping one striker for the other after an hour is very predictable.

I know we were saddled with poor players on long contracts but while there are alternatives he is choosing to play McKay, McGuffie, Nesbitt, Oliver n co over the likes of Yeats and Ola - that is his choice not Gary Holts.

We are undoubtedly better to watch and on our day we are better than anyone in the league. However Airdrie were pish, Dunfermline are pish, Clyde are pish and Kelty are pish yet we continually drop points to them and we’re a behind a really shit Edinburgh team. We are improving but the frustration comes from the fact the league is there for the taking but we continue to let Dunfermline off the hook. 

Everyone's shit and we aren't. 😂😂

Yet 1st place eludes the mighty Falkirk we are all priveleged to be sharing the league with. 

😂😂😂😂

Guest Caractacus Potts
29 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

The chance Gary Oliver missed yesterday is not the fault of any manager, it was easier to score than miss ffs and you are saying that it’s basically an excuse. Well it’s not because we would have won the game otherwise. I never said McGlynn can’t be criticised, I did so myself yesterday when I said he swaps the strikers too early in some games IMO or in games against tough midfields he should start Hetherington. However, you cannot blame him for the chances we missed yesterday. That’s what cost us, not McGlynn.

I would like a loan of your crystal ball some time. 

Gary Oliver is a McGlynn signing and McGlynn put him in the team. You’d like to hope we’d create more chances, score more goals and not concede any. It’s up to a manager to make that happen. If we’re not doing either of the aforementioned then he will carry the can for it. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Take the likes of Snedden, Ross, Wilson left clubs where they were playing hoping to step up a level and ended up in limbo that could end their careers

Ross, in the season prior to signing for us, appeared in 10 League One games for Cove Rangers, and never once completed a full 90 minutes. The only thing more astonishing to Dumbarton fans than Wilson hanging around on trial for weeks on end was him subsequently being offered a two-year contract as a full-time professional footballer. Your characterisation that they have somehow left regular playing time to pick up a wage for essentially training Monday to Friday at Falkirk is completely inaccurate. This pair and the even more obscure and pointless Sneddon and Malcolm are in "limbo" for one simple reason, which is that they do not have, and never have had, the ability to cut it at even this level of football. 

45 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Everyone's shit and we aren't. 😂😂

Yet 1st place eludes the mighty Falkirk we are all priveleged to be sharing the league with. 

😂😂😂😂

You're just making all of that up. Apart from the everyone's pish bit.

2 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

We are undoubtedly better to watch and on our day we are better than anyone in the league. However Airdrie were pish, Dunfermline are pish, Clyde are pish and Kelty are pish yet we continually drop points to them and we’re a behind a really shit Edinburgh team. We are improving but the frustration comes from the fact the league is there for the taking but we continue to let Dunfermline off the hook. 

The sheer comedy value of posts like this is just superb. So far up your own arse and cannot see that you're just as 'pish' as the teams you've mentioned. Get those Lolkirk glasses off and see the truth. You're bang average. 

Guest Ecosse83
2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

It’s not nonsense because he has 13 players filling out a squad. Imagine if he had 7/8 of those filling the squad creating competition for places ? You need to look further than just the starting line up. 

The thing is 3 of the 4 subs that came on were Mcglynn signings. On the whole I don’t think any of the players that remained from last season are below what Mcglynn has brought in (Wilson and Ross obvious exceptions). 

I like Mcglynn and think he will eventually get us up but he’s open to a little criticism now and again! 

2 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

This is starting to become very frustrating but the shouts of McGinns legs being gone and the comparison between McGlynn and Miller and McCracken are just nonsense.

McGlynn is by far and aware the best manager we’ve had since Houston but he can’t go without criticism. Playing Gary Oliver over the player of the month is crazy and the constant swapping one striker for the other after an hour is very predictable.

I know we were saddled with poor players on long contracts but while there are alternatives he is choosing to play McKay, McGuffie, Nesbitt, Oliver n co over the likes of Yeats and Ola - that is his choice not Gary Holts.

image.png.23ffc082509108cabf656d2170dce5a5.png