The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Zbairn said:

I think it has been made pretty clear on various media channels that we need to find around £400k. It's not a secret !

They have asked the wider fan base to help through calls to join the FSS (or the Patrons Group) but this has been largely ignored. Remember they were castigated for the comment re actual numbers joined versus potential core support.  Around 600 members of a 4000 core support, is roughly only 15% of our fans signing up to this initiative to help the club. If the fans truly want fan ownership, we really should be doing better than this.

I live on the other side of the world and I know that the club is in dire straits so I’ve signed up to the FSS. How the f*ck can fans who live and work in the Falkirk area not know that we’re up shit creek without a paddle? What will it take for them to commit a decent wedge in reasonable numbers; a front page advert/plea in the Falkirk Herald? McGlynn, Smith and the Board standing in the centre circle at half time pleading their case for more help from the fans? We pride ourselves on being the best and most loyal of fans – our current situation and lack of support from the fan base suggests otherwise.

Re: the 600+ fans who have signed up to the FSS, and without knowing their personal financial situations, if everyone of us pledged £500 to some sort of fighting fund, that would make a big £300k dent in our £400k black hole.

I’ll pony up a monkey, anybody else? (if the missus finds out she’ll go fecking Tonto but what the hell).

And before anyone has a go, I’m not trying to be some sort of “I’m a better fan than you”, I’m only trying to help my club. And anyway, my 500 quid would be chickenfeed compared to what some P&B posters have done previously for the club.

21 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I live on the other side of the world and I know that the club is in dire straits so I’ve signed up to the FSS. How the f*ck can fans who live and work in the Falkirk area not know that we’re up shit creek without a paddle? What will it take for them to commit a decent wedge in reasonable numbers; a front page advert/plea in the Falkirk Herald? McGlynn, Smith and the Board standing in the centre circle at half time pleading their case for more help from the fans? We pride ourselves on being the best and most loyal of fans – our current situation and lack of support from the fan base suggests otherwise.

Re: the 600+ fans who have signed up to the FSS, and without knowing their personal financial situations, if everyone of us pledged £500 to some sort of fighting fund, that would make a big £300k dent in our £400k black hole.

I’ll pony up a monkey, anybody else? (if the missus finds out she’ll go fecking Tonto but what the hell).

And before anyone has a go, I’m not trying to be some sort of “I’m a better fan than you”, I’m only trying to help my club. And anyway, my 500 quid would be chickenfeed compared to what some P&B posters have done previously for the club.

Something along those lines is what’s needed if indeed we don’t have the necessary funds in place and I’m sure many loyal fans will put their hands in their pockets but we must have the facts.

In this case, ignorance most certainly is not bliss.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

PedroMoutinho really seems to be revelling in this financial crisis which was created by the imbeciles who polluted the Boardroom previously.

Almost as if he has an agenda.

The financial crisis was created by the current board deciding to spend more in the summer than they had cash reserves to pay for. 

Still, if it all goes tits up they can always get their acolytes to log onto P&B and blame someone else. 

17 minutes ago, Cologne said:

The financial crisis was created by the current board deciding to spend more in the summer than they had cash reserves to pay for. 

Still, if it all goes tits up they can always get their acolytes to log onto P&B and blame someone else. 

😂😂😂😂😂this is what a biased, bad faith actor looks like. 

Edited by bairn88

16 minutes ago, Cologne said:

The financial crisis was created by the pervious board deciding to spend a wedge on numpties like Sheerin and Holt then having to pay them off and appointing a Commerical director who had no idea what he was doing, letting the clubs Commerical income fall off a cliff.

FTFY

Firstly what an absolute spillage of bile/shite by some posting on from the outside, many should look at their own clubs situation……..
We've got a serious situation which requires immediate cash/investment/soft loans and the new guys in town have been in long enough to fully review all aspects of the club including the finances. For me there’s more than a concern/worry that they’ve underestimated the P&L.

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, Cologne said:

I will bite. This ignorance of this post is frankly astounding. 

FALKIRK
IN: Rumarn Burrell (Middlesbrough), Coll Donaldson (Ross County), Liam Henderson (Arbroath), Ola Lawal (Chippenham Town), Sean Mackie (Hibernian), Stephen McGinn (Kilmarnock), PJ Morrison (Motherwell), Gary Oliver (Greenock Morton), Finn Yeats (Aberdeen), Nicky Hogarth (Nottingham Forest, loan), Kai Kennedy (Rangers, loan)

For League 1, Falkirk has a massive full time squad, much bigger than any other team

I’m to blame, I kicked the arse right out it during my recent visit to hospitality. If me and my chums hadn’t drank so much we’d probably have the cash for the 4th stand instead of being in this perilous predicament.

2 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:
FALKIRK
IN: Rumarn Burrell (Middlesbrough), Coll Donaldson (Ross County), Liam Henderson (Arbroath), Ola Lawal (Chippenham Town), Sean Mackie (Hibernian), Stephen McGinn (Kilmarnock), PJ Morrison (Motherwell), Gary Oliver (Greenock Morton), Finn Yeats (Aberdeen), Nicky Hogarth (Nottingham Forest, loan), Kai Kennedy (Rangers, loan)

For League 1, Falkirk has a massive full time squad, much bigger than any other team

You forgot Juan Alegria (Rangers, loan), here to help.

Astonishing levels of revisionism.

32 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:
FALKIRK

Only because we can’t shift the dross left over from last season who were scandalously awarded multi year contracts.

31 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:
Hardly. You had debts of over 10 million quid FFS and didn't pay back a single bean. I would hope that we'd never stoop that low.

Too easy hahahahaha

Wallpapers who laugh at their own jokes are worth a watching.

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I live on the other side of the world and I know that the club is in dire straits so I’ve signed up to the FSS. How the f*ck can fans who live and work in the Falkirk area not know that we’re up shit creek without a paddle? What will it take for them to commit a decent wedge in reasonable numbers; a front page advert/plea in the Falkirk Herald? McGlynn, Smith and the Board standing in the centre circle at half time pleading their case for more help from the fans? 

Probably, the threat of extinction or admin would light a few more fires. 

It was a very bold strategy to gamble so much on this season, if Falkirk don't go up this season what's the plans for next, another 150k overspend?