The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Talking of great money making ideas, maybe we should take a leaf from Morton’s book….

See if Airdrie beat Falkirk 'again' on Saturday,  would it B suitable if we also brought out a T shirt, seems right,  don't worry we could donate A quid per short sale for Save the Bairns fund 'again '

22 minutes ago, Passionate said:

See if Airdrie beat Falkirk 'again' on Saturday,  would it B suitable if we also brought out a T shirt, seems right,  don't worry we could donate A quid per short sale for Save the Bairns fund 'again '

What the fucking hell is this meant to be? I mean, come on.

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

In light of today’s discussion about how obsessed opposition diddies are with all things Falkirk, it is somehow entirely appropriate that you choose to show up on here and once again make a complete and utter 🤡 🤡 🤡 of yourself. Idiot.

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

Congratulations mate. You’ve just shown yourself to be a bigger divot than that Morton clown.

Miles off it. 

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

Like, perhaps the Present Value of an annuity, which is what these 10 years tickets are, at least from an accounting POV. So, assuming a 4% rate (bog standard long term rate assumption), a £7,500 a year payment stream for 10 years ha a Present Value of, wait for it….£60,831.72…less than half the £125,000 this could generate. If you want to buy the hype about inflation, we can go to a 6% rate, and see the Present Value drop to £55,200.65.

The one downside is the loss of the delta in ticket price over the 10 year period, but with the pricing at £5,000, it seems well over the odds to be a nice net positive.

Never thought I'd see actuarial chat on P&B 🤣

I have no idea whether it’s true that the auditors have refused to sign off the accounts. Clearly delaying the AGM is an unprecedented and serious step.

Possibly the bod are still in discussions with MR and SA about a funding package. If that is the case, those two will deserve enormous credit for yet again stopping the doors shutting. 

There will also need to be careful consideration imo of whether adding an unfunded £150k to the football budget was a wise move.

19 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I have no idea whether it’s true that the auditors have refused to sign off the accounts. Clearly delaying the AGM is an unprecedented and serious step.

Possibly the bod are still in discussions with MR and SA about a funding package. If that is the case, those two will deserve enormous credit for yet again stopping the doors shutting. 

There will also need to be careful consideration imo of whether adding an unfunded £150k to the football budget was a wise move.

If we didn’t, our squad would have been much the same as last season with a load of the dross getting regular playing time. Mid table at best. Attendances down, less hospitality and no feel good factor. Our slow decline would have been cemented. 

At the moment there is a glimmer of hope. If by some miracle we get promoted then it will all have been worthwhile.

The hole in the finances is not insurmountable if all the fans stick together and help over the next few months. That includes possible loans, new Patrons, 10 yr season ticket uptake, increase in the FSS membership, higher gates etc.

As an aside, although the figure of around 620 FSS members is a great achievement in less than a year, imagine what a difference it would make if even half our core support of 4000 took up membership!

13 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

If we didn’t, our squad would have been much the same as last season with a load of the dross getting regular playing time. Mid table at best. Attendances down, less hospitality and no feel good factor. Our slow decline would have been cemented. 

At the moment there is a glimmer of hope. If by some miracle we get promoted then it will all have been worthwhile.

The hole in the finances is not insurmountable if all the fans stick together and help over the next few months. That includes possible loans, new Patrons, 10 yr season ticket uptake, increase in the FSS membership, higher gates etc.

As an aside, although the figure of around 620 FSS members is a great achievement in less than a year, imagine what a difference it would make if even half our core support of 4000 took up membership!

I can totally see why the extra budget was made available, but ultimately of the money’s not there, it’s not there. I certainly wouldn’t have allowed Mcglynn to keep all of last season’s dross on the basis of squad harmony.

The target of 4000 FSS members was just not realistic.

It seems like the patrons were whether unwilling or unable to provide the extra funds so the club’s now left begging MR and SA.

3 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I can totally see why the extra budget was made available, but ultimately of the money’s not there, it’s not there. I certainly wouldn’t have allowed Mcglynn to keep all of last season’s dross on the basis of squad harmony.

It seems like the patrons were whether unwilling or unable to provide the extra funds so the club’s now left begging MR and SA.

The dross from last season have contracts that would still need to be paid. McGlynn’s budget would have to take that into account

I never said 4000 is realistic, but if they got a 50 or even 40% uptake of fans who turn up every Saturday, that would make a huge difference,

I believe some new Patrons have signed up. Other initiatives like the 10 yr season ticket all helps. The begging bowl might not be as deep as it could have been. With luck if we beat Alloa in the cup and a half decent draw in the next round, we may actually not need the bowl. 

57 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

How do you know the patrons haven’t contributed any additional funding? Have the club released a statement I haven’t seen? I’d heard the opposite to be honest and that there has been a pretty diverse mix of sources within the financial package. I also don’t think anybody thinks or has said hitting 4000 FSS members is a realistic target but getting half of that should be when you see the numbers other clubs who are fan owned have paying into similar schemes. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

13 hours ago, Passionate said:

E5C4F2E0-4A7B-440C-86DB-098AB951A00E.jpeg

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Also have no idea as to the truth or otherwise of this story but I have always recognised that the Auditors were going to be the means of bringing things to a head one way or another.

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It's not unprecedented though is it? I'm sure it's been delayed to the following year a few times before.