The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Van_damage said:

It’s another way of taking out a loan which clubs do all the time. Unfortunately we don’t have many who can lend the club £400k so the club have to get creative with how they can plug the gap. It is a short term fix no doubt but like any loan it’s required to secure the future of the club.

What would your solution be instead to help the club plug the £400k hole?

Edited to add:  F*CK OFF

FTFY

12 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

Holy shit this is tough going. Folk losing their shit over us getting a very winnable cup draw followed by them losing their shit over the club launching an initiative to try and fill a well document £400k hole in the finances. 

It feels like we are merging with the Facebook group.

This is another example of folk being so desperate to flog the club (our fans and others) that they wade in and subsequently find themselves trying to defend a position that they cannot.

There is no way this is a bad thing. It is a wild reach to start whinging about subsequent season ticket money. People calculating the losses haven't taken into account that these might not even be getting bought by season ticket holders, or by folk who pay early bird KM7 prices.

It's clearly a good initiative in terms of getting cash in. It's clearly working as folk are apparently signing up.

Anyone continuing to try and use this initiative to slate the club is quite simply making an arse of themselves.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

FTFY

Thanks for that! 

There seems to be a lot of fans of other clubs with quite strong opinions about how to run our club. Like the St.Mirren fan who was saying how we should have run the KM Stand opening when his club still hasn’t put any signs up to honour Tony Fitzpatrick.

Also a bit of a cheek to hear from a Morton fan about how to run a business properly when his club is ran by the Easedales! 

Not sure how any Falkirk fan can have a go at a venture which will bring in much needed capital to keep things ticking over though. 

14 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Thanks for that! 

There seems to be a lot of fans of other clubs with quite strong opinions about how to run our club. Like the St.Mirren fan who was saying how we should have run the KM Stand opening when his club still hasn’t put any signs up to honour Tony Fitzpatrick.

Also a bit of a cheek to hear from a Morton fan about how to run a business properly when his club is ran by the Easedales! 

Not sure how any Falkirk fan can have a go at a venture which will bring in much needed capital to keep things ticking over though. 

I don't venture into other club threads very often. Are other league 1 club threads similarly visited by random fans of other teams in the way this one is?

8 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I don't venture into other club threads very often. Are other league 1 club threads similarly visited by random fans of other teams in the way this one is?

Every single club thread in the league has opposition fans posting within the last page or two.  It’s a multi-club forum, that’s kinda how it works, quite why you guys get so bugged by it I don’t know. 

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Every single club thread in the league has opposition fans posting within the last page or two.  It’s a multi-club forum, that’s kinda how it works, quite why you guys get so bugged by it I don’t know. 

Other fans are welcome, but when they come blundering in with lame trolling and half baked theories they rightly get a pasting.

40 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

The final 4 pages of the Dunfermline thread has just 2 posts from non-Dunfermline fans. I had a look.

bleach-eyes.gif

15 hours ago, Jimmy1876 said:

25 tickets sold at £5k = £125k. £400k - £125k = £275k left to fill. Don't need an accounting degree for that. 😊

You not paying VAT on the tickets? 

Take it from us, if your robbing to tax man you will be in deeper shit than you are now.

4 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Don't actually think I was getting my point across well last night, all I meant was cost off living crisis, Xmas coming soon, could have waited till January to offer this scheme and if it was only for "patrons " etc word it that way

There are definitely valid criticisms/concerns over the scheme but this isn’t one of them.

Nobody is thinking “can I afford to have Christmas dinner OR spend five thousand pounds on a 10 year ticket”. 

Wealthy/relatively wealthy people exist. This scheme is for them at a time when the club is in desperate short term need for cash. The “mood of the nation/cost of living crisis” argument doesn’t cut it for me. 

16 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

If you can’t work out how an immediate cash injection of £125k might help then it’s probably best you don’t worry about it 🤯.

Cheers for trying tho. 

The fact you're needing it filled should be worry enough. Have you other loans like director loans, and they've no more money they can put in so they're looking for the fans to fork out, sounds a bit desperate for Falkirk.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

The final 4 pages of the Dunfermline thread has just 2 posts from non-Dunfermline fans. I had a look.

bleach-eyes.gif

When we were shite last season it was constantly inhabited by other club fans ripping the pish. Funnily enough when you're clear at the top of the league you get allot less patter. 

Over the years Falkirk fans have been amongst the loudest when it comes to giving it out, crying about other fans laughing at you when you've been stinking out this level for two seasons while being run like a shambles just shows you up to be an idiot, the whole premise of PnB is the interaction between other fans, if you don't like it then f**k off to whatever single club forum Falkirk has, it really is that simple. 

2 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Don't actually think I was getting my point across well last night, all I meant was cost off living crisis, Xmas coming soon, could have waited till January to offer this scheme and if it was only for "patrons " etc word it that way

Yeah, no point any businesses trying to make money if there's a cost of living crisis on.  May as well just close everything down tbh

At no point has this ever only for "patrons" I think the wording around the cost made it pretty clear that you need to have £5000.  If you do then crack on, if you don't then it's not for you.  I don't get what's so hard to grasp?!?! 

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

When we were shite last season it was constantly inhabited by other club fans ripping the pish. Funnily enough when you're clear at the top of the league you get allot less patter. 

Over the years Falkirk fans have been amongst the loudest when it comes to giving it out, crying about other fans laughing at you when you've been stinking out this level for two seasons while being run like a shambles just shows you up to be an idiot, the whole premise of PnB is the interaction between other fans, if you don't like it then f**k off to whatever single club forum Falkirk has, it really is that simple. 

Yeah but stinking out another teams thread for months just screams of not having much of a life though doesn't it?  

9 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Its not for patrons only though, its for anyone that wants to buy one they can. I have no idea what point you are trying to get across? If you have the money and want one, great, you can buy one if still available. If you don't have the money, then you won't buy one? What has the cost of living or x mas got to do with this? 

8 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

The cost of living crises has hee-haw to do with offering this season ticket. It’s a way of getting much needed cash into the club within a relatively short time span.

There are still folk buying Mercs, BMW’s, new houses etc. out there who may just this view this as a good deal over the long term. If it helps the club to bridge a short term financial issue, then it can only be viewed as a good idea.

To have a pop at JS for this idea as you originally posted, which to me is eminently sensible, was a bit off. Possibly yes with some other stuff, but not this.