The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

They are only offering 25 of them. It's a way for some who has 5k to put into the club, or was considered doing so, to get a wee bit extra for it. Not everyone will be interested in owning shares. I'd be surprised if they shift them, and have no idea why anyone would have an issue with it.

You know 25 fans who can fork that kinda money out? 

2 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

I dont. I barely know 25 fans. But they got plenty of patrons to fork out more. Even in a cost of living crisis, there's plenty folk with plenty money, as there ever was

There will be folk looking to take that up. 

53 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont. I barely know 25 fans. But they got plenty of patrons to fork out more. Even in a cost of living crisis, there's plenty folk with plenty money, as there ever was

There will be folk looking to take that up. 

I would imagine that there has been a bit of research done on this before the launch.

Patrons, sponsors and known wealthy fans may well have been sounded out already.

Quite a good initiative in my view.

2 hours ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Is this some of 10 year season ticket a joke? cost off living crisis, folk struggling to heat houses etc and can get to games when they can, but can get 1 free parking space a season, that may have worked at Stenhousemuir, thought this Jaimie guy was some sort of marketing genius, can't wait to run out to Pendle strips next season

Wow, that's some chip on your shoulder.

10 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I would imagine that there has been a bit of research done on this before the launch.

Patrons, sponsors and known wealthy fans may well have been sounded out already.

Quite a good initiative in my view.

I don’t really get the criticism to be honest. Understand there is a cost of living crisis but the club still needs to earn money.

The patrons all bought £10k worth of shares  to join. This is aimed at similar people who can afford to help out the club whilst giving something back in return. 

2 hours ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Is this some of 10 year season ticket a joke? cost off living crisis, folk struggling to heat houses etc and can get to games when they can, but can get 1 free parking space a season, that may have worked at Stenhousemuir, thought this Jaimie guy was some sort of marketing genius, can't wait to run out to Pendle strips next season

20 odd fans stuck in £10k to help out the club in return for a piece of paper.
Asking 25 fans to pay £5k up front for a 10 year season ticket with a load of “add ons” that actually mean they will be quids over time in is perfectly sensible to me. 

1 hour ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

25 fans did fork out at least double that recently for a worthless share certificate in order to help the club, I reckon a decent few of these 10 year season tickets will be sold if not all. It’s good way the let fans who can afford to help the club while still getting something tangible for they’re investment if they want to. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Where in that statement did it mention "patrons" only ones it available to?

It didn’t. It’s available to the first 25 fans that want it. Your point is?

Edited by Zbairn

3 hours ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Aw shut up for fucks sake. At least they’re trying something. 

1 minute ago, Amarillo Bairn said:
7 minutes ago, Rugster said:

No need for Rudeness tbh, I don't think it's a good idea

Why is it not a good idea?

6 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:
13 minutes ago, Rugster said:

No need for Rudeness tbh, I don't think it's a good idea

If even 10 people buy one then that’s an extra £50k in the coffers so surely that makes it worth doing? 

2 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Holy shit this is tough going. Folk losing their shit over us getting a very winnable cup draw followed by them losing their shit over the club launching an initiative to try and fill a well document £400k hole in the finances. 

We have a disproportionate number of whingers in our fan base, honestly man. We could sign Messi and people would moan that we hadn’t done it 5 years ago.