The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's nothing to do with fear. Them beating us away in either league or Cup would not be the least bit surprising. That doesn't mean I "fear" them, it just means that we are not a huge amount better than 50/50 to beat them away from home based on how inconsistent we are away from home, and how, like in the Clyde game, I feel we are somewhat there to be gotten at.

For fan interest, something new, winnability, and money all put together, it's an utterly shite draw.

Can’t agree that it’s a shite draw.

Uninspiring certainly especially given its at the “new and ruined” Recreation Park.

Confident of the win though far from complacent.

Many worse draws we could have had such as a Livingston or St Johnstone where we would have been odds on to lose and made very little from the tie.

16 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not the way some are coming across. 

We could have ended up going to Dundee, Kilmarnock, Dingwall, Tannadice, Motherwell, Love Street, Perth etc etc. made no money and most likely get beat. Alloa away, whilst of course a home draw would be better, will do for me. 

I agree that there could have been worse draws, but I genuinely don’t think anyone fears them.

On 28/11/2022 at 12:15, ShaggerG said:

I think I'm right in saying that he only missed one, against Dundee United I think, when he slipped as he hit it. 

Remember that his foot slid just as he hit it and it was United.

Wonderful technique accuracy, pace, confidence 

The more I think about it Cunningham signed experience Totten, Miller, Scott, and Roxburgh followed by Ferguson they improved the younger players already on the books and it just gelled. Punted Baillie and Lambie who I liked but deemed disruptive and made an example of. Getting rid of Ford and Robinson was stupid though it was obvious they were cracking players.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Remember that his foot slid just as he hit it and it was United.

Wonderful technique accuracy, pace, confidence 

The more I think about it Cunningham signed experience Totten, Miller, Scott, and Roxburgh followed by Ferguson they improved the younger players already on the books and it just gelled. Punted Baillie and Lambie who I liked but deemed disruptive and made an example of. Getting rid of Ford and Robinson was stupid though it was obvious they were cracking players.

Aye, Ford was decent and a useful utility player.

Bobby Robinson was a great player though, or at least it was obvious he was going to be as he was still quite raw when with us. I'm sure he went on to play for Scotland. His replacement, Alex Bryce, who we swopped him for, wasn't quite so good to put it mildly.

1 hour ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Only thing good thing about Alloa away is the KFC in car park, no decent pubs around etc, can't believe folk are saying it's a good away day tbh

To be fair, the train through & The old Brewery in the town is perfect pre & post match. 

41 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I see game against Airdrie is going to be available to view live in UK and Ireland priced £13. Is that not going to encourage folk just to sit in their warm living rooms and take the cheap option at this time of year?

Agree. Or at least charge the same as it is on the gate. 

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, Ford was decent and a useful utility player.

Bobby Robinson was a great player though, or at least it was obvious he was going to be as he was still quite raw when with us. I'm sure he went on to play for Scotland. His replacement, Alex Bryce, who we swopped him for, wasn't quite so good to put it mildly.

That was very mild Bryce was shite and finished think Cunningham hoped he was getting an Alex Scott type of experienced pro but was not to be.

Is this some of 10 year season ticket a joke? cost off living crisis, folk struggling to heat houses etc and can get to games when they can, but can get 1 free parking space a season, that may have worked at Stenhousemuir, thought this Jaimie guy was some sort of marketing genius, can't wait to run out to Pendle strips next season

33 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Is this some of 10 year season ticket a joke? cost off living crisis, folk struggling to heat houses etc and can get to games when they can, but can get 1 free parking space a season, that may have worked at Stenhousemuir, thought this Jaimie guy was some sort of marketing genius, can't wait to run out to Pendle strips next season

The Barcelona-esque “Nth economic lever”. Get KPMG on the phone pronto.

3 hours ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

They are only offering 25 of them. It's a way for some who has 5k to put into the club, or was considered doing so, to get a wee bit extra for it. Not everyone will be interested in owning shares. I'd be surprised if they dont shift them, and have no idea why anyone would have an issue with it.

Edited by Bairnardo