The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Doug Baillie was a centre half. There was another guy that my Dad spoke about (pre-war or even earlier) that my old man said took a big run up and battered it. When he missed at the Hope St end, the ball tended to end up on the far side of the railway tracks. Jocky Simpson(?). Something like that. I think it may be the case that he was before my Dad’s time.

Jocky Simpson was a winger, and a sensational player. Would not have been him, although he was around from 1905 to 1911.

51 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Jocky Simpson was a winger, and a sensational player. Would not have been him, although he was around from 1905 to 1911.

Yep, just giving my memory a jog, and I think it’s a player my old man did see many times…….Kenny Dawson…..so post war…..late 1940s. There was a Jerry Dawson too, but I think he was a goalie.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

The Cup draw is pretty uninspiring……I think that’s the main issue. Probably exactly the same for the Alloa punters too.

It’s one of those games where it wouldn’t be a great surprise if we absolutely strolled it and won by a couple of goals, but equally, it wouldn’t be a big shock if Alloa beat us.

Guest Back Post Misses
33 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The Cup draw is pretty uninspiring……I think that’s the main issue. Probably exactly the same for the Alloa punters too.

It’s one of those games where it wouldn’t be a great surprise if we absolutely strolled it and won by a couple of goals, but equally, it wouldn’t be a big shock if Alloa beat us.

Alloa style suits us. Rice’s teams come out and play not like some. 

49 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Exactly. Meeting a team for at least the 5 times this season when you could be heading to once in a lifetime draw at Darvel or Drumchapel or be causing a upset against one of the biggest sides. That's where the great memories in the Cup are made but... it is what it is.

It's an eminently winnable tie for both teams so it'll hurt more for whoever loses.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

That's an absolutely honking draw. Borderline as bad as it gets. Same league, shite money, as losable as it is winnable.

Shite.

Stinking draw, only 2 other league 1 teams in the draw and we got 1 of them.

Guest Back Post Misses
57 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

One of the worst possible draws we could have had.  Not likely to generate much income via the gate and playing a team who are more than capable of turning us over :( 

Great draw in term of us getting through. we will be favourites to do that after we easily turned them over at our place. Fans fearing Alloa FFS

Edited by Back Post Misses

Great draw in term of us getting through. we will be favourites to do that after we easily turned them over at our place. Fans fearing Alloa FFS
It's not a "great" draw in terms of getting through. It's "ok" on that score. We don't look great away from home. There were, based on league position alone, 7 better options. A home draw would have also been massively preferable in terms of getting through, and as said, it's pish for money with a home draw, or an away draw to any number of others in that draw being preferable money wise.

It also means we are treated to 5 matches v Alloa this season.

It's a shite draw.

Guest Back Post Misses
4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's not a "great" draw in terms of getting through. It's "ok" on that score. We don't look great away from home. There were, based on league position alone, 7 better options. A home draw would have also been massively preferable in terms of getting through, and as said, it's pish for money with a home draw, or an away draw to any number of others in that draw being preferable money wise.

It also means we are treated to 5 matches v Alloa this season.

It's a shite draw.

Fearing Alloa ? Come on. There were

also a heap of poorer draws than Alloa away. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Guest Back Post Misses
Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m not sure anyone is fearing Alloa tbh. I’m also sure that nobody other than you thinks it’s a ‘great draw’.

Not the way some are coming across. 

We could have ended up going to Dundee, Kilmarnock, Dingwall, Tannadice, Motherwell, Love Street, Perth etc etc. made no money and most likely get beat. Alloa away, whilst of course a home draw would be better, will do for me. 

Fearing Alloa ? Come on. There were
also a heap of poorer draws than Alloa away. 
It's nothing to do with fear. Them beating us away in either league or Cup would not be the least bit surprising. That doesn't mean I "fear" them, it just means that we are not a huge amount better than 50/50 to beat them away from home based on how inconsistent we are away from home, and how, like in the Clyde game, I feel we are somewhat there to be gotten at.

For fan interest, something new, winnability, and money all put together, it's an utterly shite draw.