The Falkirk FC Thread

47 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Unless there’s been significant investment found, it’s a fair shout that MR & SA will be asked to provide the necessary funding, yet again.

From the latest statement the FSS numbers are miles away from the initial projections and unless we get promoted I wouldn’t expect much growth in numbers. Puzzled that we’ve heard absolutely zero from the Rawlings. A significant large investment, then the now legendary “an audience with Deans & Co” at the Inchyra and then Houdini?

Just not getting it, they will want to protect their investment or have they had enough and want out? maybe some of the ITK might have more information?

I think it's been made pretty clear that the Rawlins are not, and are unlikely to be, playing any sort of role going forward.  Who can blame them to be honest.

As for protecting their investment, if reports of their estimated net wealth are accurate then the £300-odd grand they have pumped (and probably lost) into FFC won't be causing them too many sleepless nights I'd imagine.

1 hour ago, RC_Bairn said:

I think it's been made pretty clear that the Rawlins are not, and are unlikely to be, playing any sort of role going forward.  Who can blame them to be honest.

As for protecting their investment, if reports of their estimated net wealth are accurate then the £300-odd grand they have pumped (and probably lost) into FFC won't be causing them too many sleepless nights I'd imagine.

May have missed, but have the Rawlings made any statement(s) since the Deans and co were removed?

24 minutes ago, Springfield said:

May have missed, but have the Rawlings made any statement(s) since the Deans and co were removed?

I don't think anyone was 'removed' -  Sounds a bit sinister :) 

I've personally not seen any statements but others ITK may have.  Doubt they'd release a statement to say "we're doing nothing".

Most inciteful part of McGlynn interview is finding out Morrison has diarrhea.  Cheers John, a nice nugget of information in a fluid, fast moving situation.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

6 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

When was the last time we scored 6 goals from set pieces in one game? 

I'll have a guess at never.

Thought it strange that Oliver took the penalty. For me it should be one of the guaranteed starters therefore one of Donaldson, McCann or McGinn. I don't just mean yesterday but from now on. Morrison misses too many of them for me.

17 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'll have a guess at never.

Thought it strange that Oliver took the penalty. For me it should be one of the guaranteed starters therefore one of Donaldson, McCann or McGinn. I don't just mean yesterday but from now on. Morrison misses too many of them for me.

Why? I certainly wouldn’t have Oliver as a guaranteed starter but if the manager feels he’s the best penalty taker in the squad, surely it makes sense to have him taking then when he’s on the pitch?

Not sure why you’d want to make someone a penalty taker purely on the basis that they’re a guaranteed starter if that’s not a strength of theirs.

5 hours ago, oot_the_loop said:

From those highlights, that looks like an Oliver hat trick to me. Mcguffies shot saved, then bounces off his back and goes in?

Looks like it bounces off the keeper and goes in off him rather than Oliver? Defender managed to stop the initial shot from crossing the line but not the rebound so probably an OG for me 

10 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Looking forward to the cup draw, either get a non league team at home to (hopefully) get through easily enough or Celtic/Rangers away to generate loads of cash for the club.

Easy as possible home tie (Linlithgow would be good, they would bring a big crowd with them)then start thinking about the money spinning ties next round.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

26 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Why? I certainly wouldn’t have Oliver as a guaranteed starter but if the manager feels he’s the best penalty taker in the squad, surely it makes sense to have him taking then when he’s on the pitch?

Not sure why you’d want to make someone a penalty taker purely on the basis that they’re a guaranteed starter if that’s not a strength of theirs.

Because the chances of him being on the pitch when we get a penalty are slim(ish) so there's every chance we would need a back up anyway. Morrison takes our penalties and he's not been overly successful at them. 

If the three that I mentioned are shite penalty takers then you'd be right but all three are some of the better passers of a ball in the squad so I just don't see that being the case.

4 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Most inciteful part of McGlynn interview is finding out Morrison has diarrhea.  Cheers John, a nice nugget of information in a fluid, fast moving situation.

Think the fact that it wasn’t a nugget was the players problem?🤷‍♂️😂🤣😂

13 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Because the chances of him being on the pitch when we get a penalty are slim(ish) so there's every chance we would need a back up anyway. Morrison takes our penalties and he's not been overly successful at them. 

If the three that I mentioned are shite penalty takers then you'd be right but all three are some of the better passers of a ball in the squad so I just don't see that being the case.

Oh for a George Miller!

Low side foot drive to the left aimed just in from the rear stansion going in 2ft in from the post ball never over 1ft above the ground.

It was just taken if we got a penalty it was a goal and the opposition had the same mindset superb footballer.

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Oh for a George Miller!

Low side foot drive to the left aimed just in from the rear stansion going in 2ft in from the post ball never over 1ft above the ground.

It was just taken if we got a penalty it was a goal and the opposition had the same mindset superb footballer.

4bUV7Ls.gif.7a4a5cb13e43f8e4ddd14c69ec810ab3.gif