The Falkirk FC Thread

19 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I don’t feel the need tbh.
However, we could start with the criticism of the poster above who’s asking fairly reasonable questions but getting shot down for no other reason than being a fifer.
Jeez the guy took enough interest to listen to that 90 min podcast from a few weeks back and I don’t see any ‘evidence’ that he’s on the wind up, which appears to be being used by some as a shield of deflection…..

It's more a case of why in gods name would you be so interested in the finances of another club in Scottish football that you'd listen to 90 min podcasts they put out.? I couldn't give a feck about the financial position of any other club in Scotland other than my own. Nothing he's asking hasn't been asked by others on here either so we're just going back over old ground to appease someone who doesn't even support Falkirk.

Edited by Shodwall cat

19 hours ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

He's trying to enlighten your breeze-blocked hieded supporters. Most of you are 1 stand short of a fully developed stadium. 

When are you finishing yours off?  Some converted  terracing and a spruced up main stand that is as old as the one at brockville hardly can be categorised as a fully developed stadium.

It's more a case of why in gods name would you be so interested in the finances of another club in Scottish football that you'd listen to 90 min podcasts they put out.? I couldn't give a feck about the financial position of any other club in Scotland other than my own. Nothing he's asking hasn't been asked by others on here either so we're just going back over old ground to appease someone who doesn't even support Falkirk.

Or it could of course be because we have pretty much no information of any substance to relay…..

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

When are you finishing yours off?  Some converted  terracing and a spruced up main stand that is as old as the one at brockville hardly can be categorised as a fully developed stadium.

You forgot about the rain pishing through the roof in the away end!

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Or it could of course be because we have pretty much no information of any substance to relay…..

To me the only question to ask is what do Martin R and Sandy want for them providing this cash. I would think it will be the fss who will pay them back for providing it but will they want board representation and would the fss be able to use any loan to buy shares and then pay Martin and sandy back over time? I'm not overly concerned about the club as guys like those two won't let the club go into admin it's just the mechanics of the loans that will be interesting.

40 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

To me the only question to ask is what do Martin R and Sandy want for them providing this cash. I would think it will be the fss who will pay them back for providing it but will they want board representation and would the fss be able to use any loan to buy shares and then pay Martin and sandy back over time? I'm not overly concerned about the club as guys like those two won't let the club go into admin it's just the mechanics of the loans that will be interesting.

If that’s what happens, then I’d have thought they would lend any cash to the club who would need to repay the loans out of any monies the club receives, FSS or not. Can’t see it affecting the shares that FSS gets.

If this does happen then I would think that any lender of substantial funds would want someone on the Board to represent  their Interests.

Absolutely no knowledge regarding this whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

If that’s what happens, then I’d have thought they would lend any cash to the club who would need to repay the loans out of any monies the club receives, FSS or not. Can’t see it affecting the shares that FSS gets.

If this does happen then I would think that any lender of substantial funds would want someone on the Board to represent  their Interests.

Absolutely no knowledge regarding this whatsoever.

Would they not be better giving it to fss who could then buy shares with it and pay back the loan. I doubt sandy or Martin would want any more shares but might want as you say someone representing their interests. However giving it to fss would then give them a bigger percentage of the club. 

52 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Would they not be better giving it to fss who could then buy shares with it and pay back the loan. I doubt sandy or Martin would want any more shares but might want as you say someone representing their interests. However giving it to fss would then give them a bigger percentage of the club. 

There may well be some concerns with this approach wrt security of repayment. Any loan should be to the club to do with as they please (within reason obviously), and with the club liable to repay it…..not the FSS.

I don’t think the FSS should be borrowing money at all. There is no need for a middle man in this (if it is indeed what is happening). The FSS can use their monthly subs in the usual way, and accrue shares in the usual way. The whole point of this is to give the club the funds it needs to cover costs until next season…….it’s not about making the FSS liable for a loan to acquire shares earlier……that doesn’t make a whole lot of sense, and I don’t see what advantage it would give to the FSS.

14 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

In my view it would be no bad thing having someone on the board with a different perspective. If MR and SA are effectively being asked to save the club from shutting the doors by putting in significant sums, they have every right to be represented on the board.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

7 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

In my view it would be no bad thing having someone on the board with a different perspective. If MR and SA are effectively being asked to sage the ckuh from shutting the doors by putting in significant sums, they have every right to be represented on the board.

I think MR and SA still have enough shares to have their rep on the Board. The question is, do they really want to put someone on, or are they happy with the current incumbents? 

9 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

In my view it would be no bad thing having someone on the board with a different perspective. If MR and SA are effectively being asked to sage the ckuh from shutting the doors by putting in significant sums, they have every right to be represented on the board.

Unless there’s been significant investment found, it’s a fair shout that MR & SA will be asked to provide the necessary funding, yet again.

From the latest statement the FSS numbers are miles away from the initial projections and unless we get promoted I wouldn’t expect much growth in numbers. Puzzled that we’ve heard absolutely zero from the Rawlings. A significant large investment, then the now legendary “an audience with Deans & Co” at the Inchyra and then Houdini?

Just not getting it, they will want to protect their investment or have they had enough and want out? maybe some of the ITK might have more information?