The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

I mean its a few posts on a forum. I can get on with other things inbetween posting

Its not trolling. Listening to that podcast it seems the board is gambling. They are banking on income going up by 600k from last season. Fair enough last year still had a covid overhang but its a fairly chunky number to increase income by. And even then if they make that target theres a 400k black hole that needs to be filled while also increasing the playing budget by 150k from last season. With board members walking away are you confident there are other people in the background who will buy the shares? Btw, on the long teem season tickets that was our last throw of the dice before admin. I think Rovers did the same when they were in financial difficulty. The guys on the board came across as genuine and seem to be working hard to find ways to cover the shortfall. But it sounds like they might need help, and the best way to do that is a galvanised supporters campaign which hasnt been acheived. I mentioned earlier if they were more direct about the financial issues I think the fans would step up. But as it stands it seems to be more of a feeling of "it will sort itself out" or folk not really bothered about it.

One big question to ask is how much cash do they have in the bank right now? Cashflow is key for any business. Would a couple of home game calloffs put a big question mark onto the abilty of the club to pay bills etc?

Cheers, makes sense.

You sound angry and bitter. Calm down.

You seem to know a lot more about the clubs financial position than any of us do! 🤣……We have already been told the budgeted 600k increase in revenue is actually on target to be exceeded so don’t know why you keep mentioning it despite me already pointing this out in my previous response. The 400k operating deficit is another matter but again as I’ve already explained there have been a number of initiatives ongoing for months now including the patrons group buying more shares (I know a few of the guys who have indicated they’ll be doing this, all be it I can’t speak for  others of the group just the people I know), the club have had 14 responses so far from the 25 available season tickets which is a minimum of 70k potentially rising to 125k, as per the pod cast we know the club had arranged discussions regarding potential soft loans from both SA and MR who have provided these in past years where there have been shortfalls, there’s also been a slight uptake in both numbers and individual contributions to the FSS. We await the AGM papers coming out to find out facts, actual figures and how fruitful this has all been but my guess is between a combination of these measures we won’t be far away, apart from the guys on the BOD this is the only information we have at the moment which although difficult it seems the club have been proactive and are ahead of the situation. Are you telling us we are being lied to? Do you know something we don’t? Or are you just determined to mischief make on an anonymous online forum of a rival club to put an even more negative spin on things? 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

31 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

You seem to know a lot more about the clubs financial position than any of us do! 🤣……We have already been told the budgeted 600k increase in revenue is actually on target to be exceed so don’t know why you keep mentioning it despite me already pointing this out in my previous response. The 400k operating deficit is another matter but again as I’ve already explained there have been a number on initiatives ongoing for months now including the patrons group buying more shares (I know a few of the members who have indicated they’ll be doing this), the club have had 14 responses so far from the 25 available season tickets which is a minimum of 70k potentially rising to 125k, as per the pod cast we know the club were in discussions regarding potential soft loans from both SA and MR who have provided these in past years where there have been shortfalls, there’s also been a slight uptake in both numbers and individual contributions to the FSS. We await the AGM papers coming out to find out how fruitful this has all been so apart from the guys on the BOD this is the outline information we have at the moment which although difficult it seems the club have been proactive and are ahead of the situation. Are you telling us we are being lied to? Do you know something different? Or are you just determined to mischief make on an online forum of a rival club and put an even more negative spin things? 

I'm just curious, if you take it as negative then thats up to you, i'm not sure why people are being defensive. If you are annoyed people talk about football related stuff posting under usernames then pie and bovril probably isnt for you. Anyway,I wont be as close to the detail or the club as actual fans are so thought I would ask a few questions. I didnt hear them say they were on target on the podcast for the 600k but maybe I missed it. It seems some Falkirk fans were a bit cocerned after the podcast too. I suppose a big takeaway from me was the target for fan sign ups wernt acheived. But maybe the fans arnt concerned as they know patrons would bail them out if it came to it as you seem to indicate..I suppose though that isnt really a long term soltution

I dont think anyone is being lied to as far as I can tell, but you never know. I dont see anything wrong with asking the club/board questions either. I suppose since the issues we went through I am a bit suspicious of board members in general

Edited by Fifes Elite Force

Guest Back Post Misses
21 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

I'm just curious, if you take it as negative then thats up to you, i'm not sure why people are being defensive. If you are annoyed poeple talk about football related stuff posting under usernames then pie and bovril probably isnt for you. Anyway,I wont be as close to the detail or the club as actual fans are so thought I would ask a few questions. I didnt hear them say they were on target on the podcast for the 600k but maybe I missed it. It seems some Falkirk fans were a bit cocerned after the podcast too. I suppose a big takeaway from me was the target for fan sign ups wernt acheived. But maybe the fans arnt concerned as they know patrons would bail them out if it came to it as you seem to indicate..I suppose though that isnt really a long term soltution

I dont think anyone is being lied to as far as I can tell, but you never know. I dont see anything wrong with asking the club/board questions either. I suppose since the issues we went through I am a bit suspicious of board members in general

How does it feel that you dumped fan ownership to become a Germans play thing? 

I know that's meant as a dig but it does actually stick in my craw a bit. Yet to be convinced by anything they've done and I'm still very skeptical about it all.

52 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

Made it, Harmsworth Park looks no bad like

IMG_1272a.jpg

Let this Fifer welcome you to Caithness, my adopted home for over 45 years and counting. I live about 12 miles south of Wick and happened to be in Lidl (other side of the road) yesterday and was speaking to a couple of committee members selling Christmas raffle tickets. They are hoping for a day of wind and rain to even things up a bit. Guess what the forecast for tomorrow is?🤫😄

Good little piece on The Academy just finished on BBC Scotland.

The Bairns should have enough about them to get through if they harness the slope and the elements wisely.

Edited by embow

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Voiced my concerns at the time. Just have to see how it plays out. One thing was for sure. Fan ownership in the model we had didnt seem to work for various reasons.

Edited by Fifes Elite Force

Guest Back Post Misses
47 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
48 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I know that's meant as a dig but it does actually stick in my craw a bit. Yet to be convinced by anything they've done and I'm still very skeptical about it all.

Really don’t know anything about why your FO was dumped or these Germans. Really not interested. Surprised TBH that so many Fifers seem to be interested in us and our challenges. 

18 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Really don’t know anything about why your FO was dumped or these Germans. Really not interested. Surprised TBH that so many Fifers seem to be interested in us and our challenges. 

You are surprised football fans are interested in talking about football matters?

22 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Personally one of the biggest things I took away from that podcast was how damaging the loss of Kieran Koszary (our previous commercial director) was in terms of loss of income.

Some of his ideas weren’t the most popular but to me almost anything is worth it to make more resources available for the first team. 

It was absolutely scandalous in my view for the previous board to give such an important role to a fan favourite with no sales experience at all.

McGivern was a replacement for Totten not Koszary. 

Edited by RC_Bairn

To be fair I think people are asking questions? I think the board has been consistently pretty clear about all of the above. They had a meet the board session over the summer where these finances were laid out in PowerPoints. They have statements discussing the financial issues and a podcast which was only just a month ago. They have now written an additional statement which updates even more on the podcast. So I think the questions are all pretty much being answered and they have been clear about the situation for months now and are showing progress at every step. 

Unless, as you say they are outright lying I wouldn't say there is cause for concern in terms of information not being available. 

My main concerns are mainly in performance staying good so that we do remain on track for that 600k revenue increase (which they said we are to exceed in the most recent supporters update) and that the 400k is covered. But from what Latapy Bairn has said these various initiatives are on track to cover that 400k... So currently all my concerns/worries are being addressed with more clarity still to come via AGM so I don't feel the need to go breaking doors down demanding more answers just yet. 

14 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

To be fair I think people are asking questions? I think the board has been consistently pretty clear about all of the above. They had a meet the board session over the summer where these finances were laid out in PowerPoints. They have statements discussing the financial issues and a podcast which was only just a month ago. They have now written an additional statement which updates even more on the podcast. So I think the questions are all pretty much being answered and they have been clear about the situation for months now and are showing progress at every step. 

Unless, as you say they are outright lying I wouldn't say there is cause for concern in terms of information not being available. 

My main concerns are mainly in performance staying good so that we do remain on track for that 600k revenue increase (which they said we are to exceed in the most recent supporters update) and that the 400k is covered. But from what Latapy Bairn has said these various initiatives are on track to cover that 400k... So currently all my concerns/worries are being addressed with more clarity still to come via AGM so I don't feel the need to go breaking doors down demanding more answers just yet. 

Fair enough. Tbh the guys from the board did come across as genuine when they spoke on the podcast so I dont think outright  lying is really going on. 

17 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

I think that's where some of our cynicism maybe comes in.  We were lied too and you are in a situation where we wish we had pushed harder and found out the truth earlier.  I don't have any reason to say your board are being dishonest but I'd encourage every single fan of any club to ask as many questions as you can. 

19 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I think that's where some of our cynicism maybe comes in.  We were lied too and you are in a situation where we wish we had pushed harder and found out the truth earlier.  I don't have any reason to say your board are being dishonest but I'd encourage every single fan of any club to ask as many questions as you can. 

I understand that actually, but as I mentioned, I think the board have been questioned and have been quite clear the situation is bad but they have x y and z plan they hope will solve the various issues. If they were outright lying surely they would just say everything is fine and nothing to worry about? That's why I am inclined to trust what has been said thus far anyway, I hope I'm not proven wrong. 

Guest Back Post Misses

You are surprised football fans are interested in talking about football matters?

I have no interest in how other clubs are structured and why they do this that or the other.