The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

Shouldn't these c***s be on the Airdrie thread, asking where to order their "We beat Falkirk" medals? 

It’s actually quite cute how those lower down the food chain enjoy they’re moments in the sun when taking the big teams scalp I guess. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

It all seems odd to me that the board have said they need to raise 600k by the end of the season which still have a 400k loss while saying cash reserves are pretty much done and the plan to tackle it hasnt made target but the only chat on this thread from Falkirk fans is bickering about an employee

Are you guys genuinly not worried about the situation?

10 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

It all seems odd to me that the board have said they need to raise 600k by the end of the season which still have a 400k loss while saying cash reserves are pretty much done and the plan to tackle it hasnt made target but the only chat on this thread from Falkirk fans is bickering about an employee

Jesus wept have you genuinely got feck all to do but concern yourself with our financial situation?  

20 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

Gosh, what? Money's an issue? Why did nobody mention it before?

23 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

At least we'll never stiff our creditors like you c*nts did.

Now why don't you f*ck off?

1 hour ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

(Obvious trolling here but I’ll bite anyway) You have either not read the detail properly or are just on the wind up, they targeted an uplift in overall revenue by 600k in this financial year which is on course to be met if not exceeded (considering the previous financial year still had various covid restrictions in place and our main shirt sponsor shafted the club with us eventually not getting a penny from the deal this wasn’t particularly unachievable).  That however still leaves the club with an operating deficit of 400k which will need to be plugged, we have been told there are a number of ongoing initiatives right now including discussions with shareholders to partly fund it via soft loans, further share purchase from the patrons group and a number of 10 year season tickets with a few extras flung in are currently be punted to fans at £5000 a pop, the club has also been pushing for an uplift in numbers from the FSS. We will find out at the AGM if this has been sufficient to raise the 400k needed or not. If it hasn’t the BOD indicated in the pod cast that the idea of fan ownership may have to be shelved and the remaining unsold shares sold to a single investor. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

40 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

(Obvious trolling here but I’ll bite anyway) You have either not read the detail properly or are just on the wind up, they targeted an uplift in overall revenue by 600k in this financial year which is on course to be met if not exceeded (considering the last financial year still had various covid restrictions in place and our main shirt sponsor shafted the club not a penny this wasn’t particularly unachievable).  That however still leaves the club with an operating deficit of 400k which will need to be plugged, we have been told there are a number of ongoing initiatives right now including discussions with shareholders to partly fund it via soft loans, further share purchase from the patrons group and a number of 10 year season tickets with a few extras flung in are currently be punted to fans at £5000 a pop, the club has also been pushing for an uplift in numbers from the FSS. We will find out at the AGM if this has been sufficient to raise the 400k needed or not. If it hasn’t the BOD indicated in the pod cast that the idea of fan ownership may have to be shelved and the remaining unsold shares sold to a single investor. 

Do you know if the various pay offs for Sheerin, Rennie and Holt were included in the spending budget for last year, or was this an additional cost unrelated to spending budgets?

4 hours ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

Aye you kinda reminded me of that actually. The new guy they said had no sales experience and wasnt from Falkirk so had so network. Not entirley sure how he was qualified for the role

It was an appeasement appointment, and in simple terms, Sammy was set up to fail.

Wrt Commercial Managers, under no circumstances should a salaried plus commission Commercial Manager be elevated to the BoD. It drives entirely the wrong behaviours.………and it wasn’t KK’s departure that damaged commercial revenue…..it was Totten’s departure (and especially the manner in which he was marginalised by Deans). Totten was a relationship builder, KK wasn’t.

23 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Do you know if the various pay offs for Sheerin, Rennie and Holt were included in the spending budget for last year, or was this an additional cost unrelated to spending budgets?

Suppose it’s pretty irrelevant now anyway but I doubt we’d have budgeted for having to pay off a manager, if you were interested in the detail of it for one reason or another that expenditure I’d presume will be included in the clubs accounts when they are released. Shareholders are still waiting for papers to be sent out and a date for the AGM to be arranged however………..For what’s it’s worth Rennie was only on a 6 month deal so wouldn’t have been given a pay off and I’m sure Holts position was simply made redundant so his payoff would probably have been minimal, we likely did have give Sheerin a wedge tho! 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

4 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Jesus wept have you genuinely got feck all to do but concern yourself with our financial situation?  

I mean its a few posts on a forum. I can get on with other things inbetween posting

4 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

(Obvious trolling here but I’ll bite anyway) You have either not read the detail properly or are just on the wind up, they targeted an uplift in overall revenue by 600k in this financial year which is on course to be met if not exceeded (considering the previous financial year still had various covid restrictions in place and our main shirt sponsor shafted the club with us eventually not getting a penny from the deal this wasn’t particularly unachievable).  That however still leaves the club with an operating deficit of 400k which will need to be plugged, we have been told there are a number of ongoing initiatives right now including discussions with shareholders to partly fund it via soft loans, further share purchase from the patrons group and a number of 10 year season tickets with a few extras flung in are currently be punted to fans at £5000 a pop, the club has also been pushing for an uplift in numbers from the FSS. We will find out at the AGM if this has been sufficient to raise the 400k needed or not. If it hasn’t the BOD indicated in the pod cast that the idea of fan ownership may have to be shelved and the remaining unsold shares sold to a single investor. 

Its not trolling. Listening to that podcast it seems the board is gambling. They are banking on income going up by 600k from last season. Fair enough last year still had a covid overhang but its a fairly chunky number to increase income by. And even then if they make that target theres a 400k black hole that needs to be filled while also increasing the playing budget by 150k from last season. With board members walking away are you confident there are other people in the background who will buy the shares? Btw, on the long teem season tickets that was our last throw of the dice before admin. I think Rovers did the same when they were in financial difficulty. The guys on the board came across as genuine and seem to be working hard to find ways to cover the shortfall. But it sounds like they might need help, and the best way to do that is a galvanised supporters campaign which hasnt been acheived. I mentioned earlier if they were more direct about the financial issues I think the fans would step up. But as it stands it seems to be more of a feeling of "it will sort itself out" or folk not really bothered about it.

One big question to ask is how much cash do they have in the bank right now? Cashflow is key for any business. Would a couple of home game calloffs put a big question mark onto the abilty of the club to pay bills etc?

3 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It was an appeasement appointment, and in simple terms, Sammy was set up to fail.

Wrt Commercial Managers, under no circumstances should a salaried plus commission Commercial Manager be elevated to the BoD. It drives entirely the wrong behaviours.………and it wasn’t KK’s departure that damaged commercial revenue…..it was Totten’s departure (and especially the manner in which he was marginalised by Deans). Totten was a relationship builder, KK wasn’t.

Cheers, makes sense.

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

At least we'll never stiff our creditors like you c*nts did.

Now why don't you f*ck off?

You sound angry and bitter. Calm down.

Edited by Fifes Elite Force