The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Reasonable post.

For once I am actually ITK but probably have said too much already so I will drop the subject and bite my tongue  if there are any more revisionist posts.

From what I was told when  KK left, your posts are spot on. 
The decision to appoint Sammy was just stupid, no sales/commercial awareness but believe is was carried out to get some unity with the support. A decision Deans and co got horribly wrong. 

Tommy Hutchison 

Former Alloa, Blackpool, Coventry, Man City, Burnley, Swansea and Scotland player Tommy Hutchison will be at Recreation Park for the game against Alloa.

It will be the first time he has been back to Alloa for 50 years. He will be meeting fans, having photos taken and signing copies of his book before the game.

Any Falkirk fans travelling to the game will be very welcome to come over and say hello.

If you are not at the game but would like a signed copy of Tommy’s book, you can have one delivered by using the form below.

Hutch' order form

Edited by Mr Magic

12 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Personally one of the biggest things I took away from that podcast was how damaging the loss of Kieran Koszary (our previous commercial director) was in terms of loss of income.

Some of his ideas weren’t the most popular but to me almost anything is worth it to make more resources available for the first team. 

It was absolutely scandalous in my view for the previous board to give such an important role to a fan favourite with no sales experience at all.

Aye you kinda reminded me of that actually. The new guy they said had no sales experience and wasnt from Falkirk so had so network. Not entirley sure how he was qualified for the role

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

Shouldn't these c***s be on the Airdrie thread, asking where to order their "We beat Falkirk" medals? 

It’s actually quite cute how those lower down the food chain enjoy they’re moments in the sun when taking the big teams scalp I guess. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

It all seems odd to me that the board have said they need to raise 600k by the end of the season which still have a 400k loss while saying cash reserves are pretty much done and the plan to tackle it hasnt made target but the only chat on this thread from Falkirk fans is bickering about an employee

Are you guys genuinly not worried about the situation?

10 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

It all seems odd to me that the board have said they need to raise 600k by the end of the season which still have a 400k loss while saying cash reserves are pretty much done and the plan to tackle it hasnt made target but the only chat on this thread from Falkirk fans is bickering about an employee

Jesus wept have you genuinely got feck all to do but concern yourself with our financial situation?  

20 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

Gosh, what? Money's an issue? Why did nobody mention it before?

23 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

At least we'll never stiff our creditors like you c*nts did.

Now why don't you f*ck off?

1 hour ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

(Obvious trolling here but I’ll bite anyway) You have either not read the detail properly or are just on the wind up, they targeted an uplift in overall revenue by 600k in this financial year which is on course to be met if not exceeded (considering the previous financial year still had various covid restrictions in place and our main shirt sponsor shafted the club with us eventually not getting a penny from the deal this wasn’t particularly unachievable).  That however still leaves the club with an operating deficit of 400k which will need to be plugged, we have been told there are a number of ongoing initiatives right now including discussions with shareholders to partly fund it via soft loans, further share purchase from the patrons group and a number of 10 year season tickets with a few extras flung in are currently be punted to fans at £5000 a pop, the club has also been pushing for an uplift in numbers from the FSS. We will find out at the AGM if this has been sufficient to raise the 400k needed or not. If it hasn’t the BOD indicated in the pod cast that the idea of fan ownership may have to be shelved and the remaining unsold shares sold to a single investor. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

40 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

(Obvious trolling here but I’ll bite anyway) You have either not read the detail properly or are just on the wind up, they targeted an uplift in overall revenue by 600k in this financial year which is on course to be met if not exceeded (considering the last financial year still had various covid restrictions in place and our main shirt sponsor shafted the club not a penny this wasn’t particularly unachievable).  That however still leaves the club with an operating deficit of 400k which will need to be plugged, we have been told there are a number of ongoing initiatives right now including discussions with shareholders to partly fund it via soft loans, further share purchase from the patrons group and a number of 10 year season tickets with a few extras flung in are currently be punted to fans at £5000 a pop, the club has also been pushing for an uplift in numbers from the FSS. We will find out at the AGM if this has been sufficient to raise the 400k needed or not. If it hasn’t the BOD indicated in the pod cast that the idea of fan ownership may have to be shelved and the remaining unsold shares sold to a single investor. 

Do you know if the various pay offs for Sheerin, Rennie and Holt were included in the spending budget for last year, or was this an additional cost unrelated to spending budgets?

4 hours ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

Aye you kinda reminded me of that actually. The new guy they said had no sales experience and wasnt from Falkirk so had so network. Not entirley sure how he was qualified for the role

It was an appeasement appointment, and in simple terms, Sammy was set up to fail.

Wrt Commercial Managers, under no circumstances should a salaried plus commission Commercial Manager be elevated to the BoD. It drives entirely the wrong behaviours.………and it wasn’t KK’s departure that damaged commercial revenue…..it was Totten’s departure (and especially the manner in which he was marginalised by Deans). Totten was a relationship builder, KK wasn’t.