The Falkirk FC Thread

"No doubt we’d all agree that performances so far have been a significant improvement on last season and it is testament to our style of play that our two closest rivals at the top of the league have recently played so defensively at the Falkirk Stadium.

That said, the best footballing side doesn’t always win matches"

I'm sorry but that just embarrassing

These were the questions I had when reading it last night. It doesnt seem very clear to me what the position is or whats required by the end of the season. 

It was a Tony Blairesque positive spin in my opinion.
It does look like there are some good initiatives but no facts and figures to take any definite comfort from.
As someone else has said 85% at this point sounds good but I’d expect the majority of our income to come in early season anyway.
Look forward to some facts and figures at the AGM….

23 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

"No doubt we’d all agree that performances so far have been a significant improvement on last season and it is testament to our style of play that our two closest rivals at the top of the league have recently played so defensively at the Falkirk Stadium.

That said, the best footballing side doesn’t always win matches"

I'm sorry but that just embarrassing

Have to presume Kelty pumped them fair and square rather than being too defensive. 

That's only because Falkirk is such an all-time laughing stock outfit that this minter barely breaks into the top 50 of your utter fails.
The Angelo Massone-esque scheme to flog ten year season tickets to fund another twelve months festering in the seaside leagues arguably beats it within the same statement. 
What an absolute rabble.
ezgif-5-b20d07d475.gif.d29490fbedec629d64312b2959e0913d.gif

25 season tickets at £5k each that are probably worth around £3k over 10 years. Hardly Rangers selling the family furniture.
What a minter of a post from the virgin….

12 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Doesn't make the top 10 stupid things wev put in a statement for me. Think sometimes wer guilty of being so ready to criticise that we go over the top tbh.

Don't see what the big deal is at all. Folk just too eager to pish their frillies at anything. 

32 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

It was a Tony Blairesque positive spin in my opinion.
It does look like there are some good initiatives but no facts and figures to take any definite comfort from.
As someone else has said 85% at this point sounds good but I’d expect the majority of our income to come in early season anyway.
Look forward to some facts and figures at the AGM….

I was on here a few days ago asking if there was an update to the share issue thing and recieved one reply. But it just seemed to me even though some of the messages coming out had a positive spin reading between the lines it looked at bit bleak and the supporters didnt really pick up on it. The statement yesterday is sort of the same and raised more questions than it answered.

Out of interest do the fans have any sort of forum to go in and ask questions to the board? We tend to have 3 or 4 open meetings for fans to come along to and put questions to the board a year, does Falkirk have the same? From my own perspective one of our big mistakes pre admin was not asking questions sooner. There were many rumours floating around and it wasnt really until an inpromtu open meeting arranged hastily in one of the bars that we found out about the tax bill(and then more and more came out), some fans sort of knew the true situation but wernt believed. I dont think Falkirk would be in the same place as us with the web of companies/debt involved but you dont want the board putting a positive spin on things for months before they admit the shit has hit the fan.

I have a long car journey this afternoon so I might stick on the podcast from the other week which seems to be laying stuff out.

Anyway this isnt a pars fan shit stirring, im just curious to what is going on. And there is some parts that resemble some of the stuff we went through..hopefully its not the same.

Good post FFE

It's not surprising to see that there are Pars fans (or fans of any club) wishing ill-will on Falkirk but I'm not one of them. No-one wants any club to go through what we did.

What I take issue with is the childish bitterness in the opening paragraph. The people composing the updates should be so much better than that & not be repeating McGlynns' bizarre post-match slavering.

12 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Good post FFE

It's not surprising to see that there are Pars fans (or fans of any club) wishing ill-will on Falkirk but I'm not one of them. No-one wants any club to go through what we did.

What I take issue with is the childish bitterness in the opening paragraph. The people composing the updates should be so much better than that & not be repeating McGlynns' bizarre post-match slavering.

I'd suggest it's you that has the problem if such an innocuous sentence can have you in any way bothered. 

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'd suggest it's you that has the problem if such an innocuous sentence can have you in any way bothered. 

Tbh if it was my club doing it in the same circumstances the other way round I would be cringing like f**k.

But tbh I think theres a bigger picture here to discuss about the club rather than that part of the statement

Edited by Fifes Elite Force

5 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

Tbh if it was my club doing it in the same circumstances the other way round I would be cringing like f**k.

Yeah well, like I said, fans like us arent the only people the club are trying to sell to. Its a nothing comment. Just like McGlynns comments after the game were also blown way out of any proportion. I have cringed at stuff this board has put out, aswell as the last board, but this one just isn't doing it for me whatsoever. A total meh sentence that I don't think needed to be there, but give zero fucks about. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah well, like I said, fans like us arent the only people the club are trying to sell to. Its a nothing comment. Just like McGlynns comments after the game were also blown way out of any proportion. I have cringed at stuff this board has put out, aswell as the last board, but this one just isn't doing it for me whatsoever. A total meh sentence that I don't think needed to be there, but give zero fucks about. 

The difference is Mcglynn a football manager was interviewed after the game, and a wee bit frustrated and emotions are raw. This is a press release by the board weeks later who are suppose to run the club professionally giving a financial update on the club. 

Like I said in my edited post, I think theres bigger things to discuss but still cringey for everyone involved

The difference is Mcglynn a football manager was interviewed after the game, and a wee bit frustrated and emotions are raw. This is a press release by the board weeks later who are suppose to run the club professionally giving a financial update on the club. 

Like I said in my edited post, I think theres bigger things to discuss but still cringey for everyone involved

Yes, but it’s not sent to a target audience of opposition fans.
As I said the whole thing feels like a positive spin on the realities we are facing.
We will just need to wait for some factual information……

13 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Yes, but it’s not sent to a target audience of opposition fans.

Tbf it was. Some fans got the email. They must be on the Falkirk email list when they bought a ticket the other week. Which is kinda funny.

Btw, it is cringey no matter the audiance and its a public statement which is why fans of other teams have mentioned it here. And my hearts mates at work were pissing myself laughing about it last night

Edited by Fifes Elite Force

1 minute ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

Tbf it was. Some fans got the email. They must be on the Falkirk email list when they bought a ticket the other week. Which is kinda funny

Aye, I got it this morning. Can't remember ticking a box to get emails but then I don't remember seeing one to opt out either. Got half a mind to reply...

Seems a lot of pish about hee haw. There's nothing actually in the first statements that ain't true. Both Dunfermline and Edinburgh came to TFS and stuck ten men behind the ball.  Neither team obviously believed that by making it an open game they could come away with anything or they wouldn't have set up that way. It worked for Dunfermline as we gifted them a goal , it didn't for Edinburgh and that's that. 

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Seems a lot of pish about hee haw. There's nothing actually in the first statements that ain't true. Both Dunfermline and Edinburgh came to TFS and stuck ten men behind the ball.  Neither team obviously believed that by making it an open game they could come away with anything or they wouldn't have set up that way. It worked for Dunfermline as we gifted them a goal , it didn't for Edinburgh and that's that. 

Because Dunfermline had zero need to come out all guns blazing, they were rightfully top of the league by 4 points prior to the game. Don’t know what’s so hard to understand about that.

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

25 season tickets at £5k each that are probably worth around £3k over 10 years. Hardly Rangers selling the family furniture.
What a minter of a post from the virgin….

I actually think its a good deal if you add it all up.  

An "early bird" Prime Seat is currently £300 a season. If you take probable increases, it will certainly be a whole lot more than the £3k you mentioned.

I noticed there are also a load of "add ons". Car parking over 10 years (if you have/want it) is worth another £800 over the time span (assuming no increase). 6 free tickets each season over the course of the 10 yrs for mates could be worth more than £120/season. Hospitality for 2 next season only. Free access to the Westfield Lounge (around £20/season), 10% discount in the club shop. 

All in all, you probably would be quids in if you currently use or want all of that. 

18 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

Because Dunfermline had zero need to come out all guns blazing, they were rightfully top of the league by 4 points prior to the game. Don’t know what’s so hard to understand about that.

There's all guns blazing and then there's sticking ten men behind the ball. I've seen us play dunfermline more times than I could imagine and I've never seen either side ever set up like that. I've also seen us when we've had a side top of the league on a number of occasions and I've never ever seen us go to a side below us and stick ten men behind the ball.  Under Hughes or McCall that would never even have entered their heads. They would always take their rivals on head on no matter how many points we were ahead because they knew they had the better side and could outplay the other side comfortably.

Edited by Shodwall cat