The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

Are you seriously going to try to defend this shite?

I'd defend it. It's one of the most consistent ways to encourage a deep lying defence (y'know the sort we are constantly faced with in this league) to press you and create space in behind. Of all the things going on with the team this would probably be the last thing I criticise.

10 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I'd defend it. It's one of the most consistent ways to encourage a deep lying defence (y'know the sort we are constantly faced with in this league) to press you and create space in behind. Of all the things going on with the team this would probably be the last thing I criticise.

Aye, its a neccessary evil tbh. And we have seen examples where it worked. IIRC on Saturday, the chance Oliver made for Burrell and also Morrisions goal were set up similarly passing it across the back line before Henderson shifted it up to the left wing. There needs to be runners, and a coherent plan to up the pace and move the ball quicker when the opening comes, but having centre halfs do more than just launch the ball is crucial. 

We won't win the league this year. We might sneak up through the playoffs.

We are considerably better than any point over the last four or five years, but still too inconsistent.

Keep McGlynn, and we'll win it next year.

Just now, Gaz said:

We won't win the league this year. We might sneak up through the playoffs.

We are considerably better than any point over the last four or five years, but still too inconsistent.

Keep McGlynn, and we'll win it next year.

I agree with this generally, but I would place slightly more emphasis on the playoffs. I think there will be player movement in January, and I think if we get it right we have a very good chance of promotion. There seems to be a slight despondency about the prospect of playoffs that I don't really share. 

If I am honest I would like to see us mix it up a bit more but 100% don’t want to see the keeper and CH’s lumping it every time. 
Most of the time we have been a decent watch this season. Leave hoofball to the scum 
Aye leave it to the league leading scum, happy days.

5 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:
If I am honest I would like to see us mix it up a bit more but 100% don’t want to see the keeper and CH’s lumping it every time. 
Most of the time we have been a decent watch this season. Leave hoofball to the scum 

Aye leave it to the league leading scum, happy days.

At least you admit it. Fair play.

Seriously though; I said after your win at our place that you would win the league. You'll be able to shitfest most away games and should have enough to get past the vast majority at home. I actually think you'll have more issues in your home games because your fans will surely want you to come out and play some better football, which will leave some room for some (very few) teams to exploit?

14 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

At least you admit it. Fair play.

Seriously though; I said after your win at our place that you would win the league. You'll be able to shitfest most away games and should have enough to get past the vast majority at home. I actually think you'll have more issues in your home games because your fans will surely want you to come out and play some better football, which will leave some room for some (very few) teams to exploit?

There is no moaning at east end about how we play.   Why would there be? We’ve been playing the best football in the league, some people at the spfl have come up with a complex ranking system that takes into account every touch of the ball in every single game and we’re ranked first with a good gap to second. 

We haven’t been shitfesting our away games, we have been the better team in nearly all them and come away with the win everywhere apart from Kelty and Montrose.   The Montrose game probably we should have tried to shitfest the last half hour for a draw but gambled and ended up losing.

Our dropped points at home have been due to poor defending against the bottom 2 and yourselves and airdrie playing quite well against us.

Edited by parsforlife

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Leave hoofball to the scum 

1. We routinely have Benedictus in the six yard box at bye kicks for the short one, with Fisher and/or Breen wide of the 18 yard box to play out from the back.

2. In the game between us at your place you did pass it about at the back quite a bit... Before hoofing it long to Burrell. We didn't play "hoofball" at all

3. With the likes of Mochrie and Wighton in the team, playing hoofball would be counter productive. So we don't, by and large 

Edited by Salvo Montalbano

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

There is no moaning at east end about how we play.   Why would there be? We’ve been playing the best football in the league, some people at the spfl have come up with a complex ranking system that takes into account every touch of the ball in every single game and we’re ranked first with a good gap to second. 

We haven’t been shitfesting our away games, we have been the better team in nearly all them and come away with the win everywhere apart from Kelty and Montrose.   The Montrose game probably we should have tried to shitfest the last half hour for a draw but gambled and ended up losing.

Our dropped points at home have been due to poor defending against the bottom 2 and yourselves and airdrie playing quite well against us.

Fair enough, I'm broadly basing my opinion on your games against us and what little I've seen of your highlights. According to the BBC (aye, I know) you had 4 efforts on goal last Saturday which suggests 'shitfesting' to me.

15 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Fair enough, I'm broadly basing my opinion on your games against us and what little I've seen of your highlights. According to the BBC (aye, I know) you had 4 efforts on goal last Saturday which suggests 'shitfesting' to me.

The league table "suggests" far more important stats.