The Falkirk FC Thread

Slightly inside tip for Falkirk at Wick where the slope looks huge, it has less effect on the game as you'd think. So if you're struggling a bit the first half playing uphill and just trying to hold on for an easy second half, don't expect an easy second half. Likewise if you're playing downhill the first half and don't do well, plenty time to sort it out in the second. I suspect there might be a bit of an optical illusion going on which benefits the home side, it seems to slope side to side as well as end to end. Also, if you're driving up and the weather's shite, you can park your car on a raised level behind one of the goals and have a great view, not 100% on how you access it though..

Latest episode of the podcast now available troops 🎙️🎧💻

As mentioned on the show, the links to Lewis Pentecost’s charity page from his run from The Falkirk Stadium to New Douglas Park & also the link to the new Falkirk Daft merchandise page that you didn’t know you needed (you may not need it but worth a look eh) are on the linked tweets below. 

ALL profits from the online shop sales will go to FFC in the form of sponsorships & the FD Highlander logo with his pint & jester hat will also be added very soon too👌🏼

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

As mentioned on the show, the links to Lewis Pentecost’s charity page from his run from The Falkirk Stadium to New Douglas Park & also the link to the new Falkirk Daft merchandise page that you didn’t know you needed (you may not need it but worth a look eh) are on the linked tweets below. 

ALL profits from the online shop sales will go to FFC in the form of sponsorships & the FD Highlander logo with his pint & jester hat will also be added very soon too👌🏼

Links for ease on here too:

Charity page; https://gofund.me/e97e9d53

FD Online Shop; 

https://falkirk-daft.myspreadshop.co.uk/falkirk+daft?idea=63750a3213102c4d81b936a7

1 hour ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

Out of interest how is the share scheme going? I remember having a few conversations with people on here about a month or so ago but I havnt really heard much since

Last update was some uptake in numbers of the supporters society but not nearly enough to reach the target. Although good numbers for the first year and without a background of administration. Don't know about the patrons group (the other fans group) but in total I think the two fans groups own around 30% of shares? I don't know if the patrons have bought more or not but seems likely some other form of investment will be needed to cover the shortfall. 

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Quite concerning that we’ve still not heard a date for the AGM or received the accounts.

If the AGM is to happen on the rumoured December date you’d think we’ve have heard by now?

Club has to give 21 days notice legally. We won’t need to submit accounts till about the end of Feb so no real panic for me. Would rather the club comes with a clear picture of where we are and the plans moving forward than some of the half arsed stage managed nonsense we have had in the past notably when an AGM was held and 2 weeks later we pulled the plug on the Academy without saying a peep to shareholders 

Edited by Back Post Misses

I’m presuming the AGM won’t be announced until the club has an idea what numbers they’ve been able to raise via these recent fund raising/investment initiatives that have been pushed, that and/or finalising agreements with shareholders for any soft loans that have been needed. There’s no point in calling us all to a meeting if all that information isn’t finalised and available, shareholders need to be given an accurate up to date position of where the club is and what needs to be done rather than a “we don’t know yet” or we’re “still in discussions with” such and such. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

43 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’m presuming the AGM won’t be announced until the club has a clear picture of the numbers they’ve been able to raise via these recent fund raising/ investment initiatives that have been pushed, that and/or finalising agreements with shareholders for any soft loans that have been needed. There’s no point in calling us all to a meeting if all that information isn’t finalised and available, shareholders need to be given an accurate up to date position of where the club is and what needs to be done rather than a “we don’t know yet” or we’re “still in discussions with” such and such. 

Honestly you'd save yourself a lot of time just quoting BPM each time you post.

8 hours ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Last update was some uptake in numbers of the supporters society but not nearly enough to reach the target. Although good numbers for the first year and without a background of administration. Don't know about the patrons group (the other fans group) but in total I think the two fans groups own around 30% of shares? I don't know if the patrons have bought more or not but seems likely some other form of investment will be needed to cover the shortfall. 

Cheers

I would have thought if it was doing well the board would be pushing it out there to try and keep the momentum going .

We've adopted what seems to be the latest tactics fashion of two defenders almost at the byline when the keeper plays it out to them which has just led to the opposition putting pressure on our pretty limited defenders so they either lose the ball, panic and knock it out for a corner (Henderson) or boot it aimlessly upfield. I've just watched France destroy Australia who were using the same tactic. Can someone take the hint and get this fad in the sea where it belongs? Unless you have good ball-playing defenders, they're always going to f**k this up and the Scottish Third Division isn't where you find good ball-playing defenders. 

42 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

We've adopted what seems to be the latest tactics fashion of two defenders almost at the byline when the keeper plays it out to them which has just led to the opposition putting pressure on our pretty limited defenders so they either lose the ball, panic and knock it out for a corner (Henderson) or boot it aimlessly upfield. I've just watched France destroy Australia who were using the same tactic. Can someone take the hint and get this fad in the sea where it belongs? Unless you have good ball-playing defenders, they're always going to f**k this up and the Scottish Third Division isn't where you find good ball-playing defenders. 

Good post, brutal watching defenders trying to play like defenders……..

49 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Play to your strengths not your weaknesses.

On 22/11/2022 at 05:40, RC55 FFC said:

Great effort with the song but maybe we could do something with Rod Stewart's World Cup song, Ole Ola?

Guest Back Post Misses
4 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

How many goals has it cost us playing this way? 

Guest Back Post Misses
2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Are you seriously going to try to defend this shite? 

If I am honest I would like to see us mix it up a bit more but 100% don’t want to see the keeper and CH’s lumping it every time. 
Most of the time we have been a decent watch this season. Leave hoofball to the scum 

Edited by Back Post Misses