The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Last Friday you posted that Lawal would be starting against Edinburgh. He did. You were the only one to post that information anywhere online as far as I can see, despite your inference in the post that it was nothing more than gossip. 

That would suggest that you're more ITK than you let on. 

He is absolutely more in the know than he lets everyone believe. I know who he is, and who he’s related to. He is in the know. Or was for sure.  

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

As far as I know he's not actively seeking to sell his shrares but I'm sure if a decent offer was put in front of him he'd probably offload them.

As things stand, it’s hard to see any benefit to the club in the Rawlins selling their shares. Not a penny would come into the club.

I am fairly sure that the Rawlins have set aside any plans for further investment in FFC. I don’t think they grasped just how much of a dumpster fire we were. Anyhoo, even if they wanted to unload their shares, any such sale has to be approved by the BoD.

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Happy to tell you from where that came.

I have a grandson at Larbert HS and he got it from one of his pals.

Where it originated from I have no idea but I can tell you that every FFC fan at Larbert HS knew about that.

I do agree that it is not acceptable for such information to be put out.

Must be from a player or ancillary personnel.

He also knew the team line up on Saturday exactly.

The net will close in. I really hope the club can get to the bottom of this and whoever it is at the club releasing this is hunted 

Let the Rawlins shareholding dilute further. They don’t deserve a penny for them as they’re as much to blame for us being in this mess as anyone.

If they get their money back then fans should demand that they get any of their hard earned cash, they spent on the club during their tenure. They wasted even more of that than did their own. 

Edited by Guest

While I don't disagree how disappointing it is for somebody with genuine important inside info, betraying that trust, by blabbing it on here, what would be really moronic would be an opposing manager coming on here, believing it and then basing his own team selection and tactics around some "rumour" he read on a fans forum the night before a game....

It's also a bit depressing that we're still bad enough to worry about how Jim Duffy maybe finding out about 2 changes in the team could put us at risk of not winning against a Clyde team who only have 2 wins all season. 

Remember the days when our strongest XI picked themselves and we didn't have to worry about League 1 relegation candidates troubling us in the slightest

23 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

It's also a bit depressing that we're still bad enough to worry about how Jim Duffy maybe finding out about 2 changes in the team could put us at risk of not winning against a Clyde team who only have 2 wins all season. 

Remember the days when our strongest XI picked themselves and we didn't have to worry about League 1 relegation candidates troubling us in the slightest

A very large dose of reality and thanks. The day we need to worry about and as posted  “curtains drawn at the stadium? Leaks at Larbert high school? FFS were in the third division of Scottish football. 

It’s an issue because of a couple factors. I guess firstly it comes down to when the manager nailed down his starting XI…….clearly no later than Friday. This week it probably was more sensitive purely down to an issue with Donaldson.

Secondly, when was the starting XI rolled out to others……again, no later than Friday. I guess this isn’t unusual, especially if the manager wanted a training session with the changes in place.

If it happened last week, then I doubt it was the first time that process was followed, but the first time (we know of) that there has been a grand reveal. So why this week?
I don’t think any of this has any bearing whatsoever on what an opposition manager does. It simply demonstrates that info that was not for the public domain on Friday then turned up in the public domain on Friday. It’s not about the consequences of the leak. It’s about the act of someone deliberately revealing it that is the issue.

Guest Back Post Misses
9 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It’s an issue because of a couple factors. I guess firstly it comes down to when the manager nailed down his starting XI…….clearly no later than Friday. This week it probably was more sensitive purely down to an issue with Donaldson.

Secondly, when was the starting XI rolled out to others……again, no later than Friday. I guess this isn’t unusual, especially if the manager wanted a training session with the changes in place.

If it happened last week, then I doubt it was the first time that process was followed, but the first time (we know of) that there has been a grand reveal. So why this week?
I don’t think any of this has any bearing whatsoever on what an opposition manager does. It simply demonstrates that info that was not for the public domain on Friday then turned up in the public domain on Friday. It’s not about the consequences of the leak. It’s about the act of someone deliberately revealing it that is the issue.

It is the 2nd time. The poster did the same before Kelty at home 

On 19/11/2022 at 06:47, _FFC1876 said:

Tomorrow’s team:

Hogarth

Williamson McKay Henderson McCann

Morrison McGinn Nesbitt Oliver

Lawal

Burrell

On 19/11/2022 at 21:17, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That’s pish that. Somebody leaking our team on a public forum the day before a match isn’t helpful at all.

On 19/11/2022 at 21:20, PedroMoutinho said:

In my view it’s totally unacceptable for presumably someone inside the club to be leaking details of the stating 11 the day before a match 

On 19/11/2022 at 21:22, Back Post Misses said:

I agree. Club need to address it 

When the team was first posted I was angry that somebody would do that to their own club but I didn't post in reply at the time.

Now that I have had time to think about it I am going to give the poster the benefit of the doubt in that they were probably just trying to be "friendly" to their fellow bairns in letting them know the starting line-up. Hindsight is 20/20 and I am sure that on reflection they realise that they weren't doing either the club or the fans any favours with that post.

I haven't seen them posting since they posted the team so I think that they now understand that they made a mistake and are lying low. Lesson learned, hopefully.

It's pretty common for folk around Falkirk to know at least a few players in the squad each season. Over the last 10 years or so the team, a transfer, injury has been brought up on a Friday night. Never been an issue because you know that information goes no further.

Sounds like, assuming the Larbert HS origin is true, there is a potential young player who needs reminded of the pitfalls of high school gossip.

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

This is a totally footballing matter and only the manager, players and coaching staff would know.

I doubt if the Directors would be told.

It could therefore only come from the playing side of the club.

Or anyone who has access to the team lines for social media purposes on the Friday. 

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

When the team was first posted I was angry that somebody would do that to their own club but I didn't post in reply at the time.

Now that I have had time to think about it I am going to give the poster the benefit of the doubt in that they were probably just trying to be "friendly" to their fellow bairns in letting them know the starting line-up. Hindsight is 20/20 and I am sure that on reflection they realise that they weren't doing either the club or the fans any favours with that post.

I haven't seen them posting since they posted the team so I think that they now understand that they made a mistake and are lying low. Lesson learned, hopefully.

It is very likely it played a part in how Clyde set out their team and tactics so whoever leaked the original story should be having hard think to themselves. Those passing it on while not a desirable thing to do the one with the loose tongue at the club is to blame.

Would expect that all the staff at the club will have had briefing on the importance of what happens in the club stays in the club otherwise its a slippery slope to the return of the attention seekers with 'I know somebody at the club' 'Spoke to somebody from the club at the supermarket' It's something nobody wants to return to.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Or anyone who has access to the team lines for social media purposes on the Friday. 

The two media officers are given the teamlines 1330-1345 on matchday, which just gives them enough time to prepare the graphics before upload to social media at 1400.

I know because in the covid days when we couldn't get on the team bus the three of us used to carshare while heading to away games. They were often chasing the football dept for teamlines as the two o'clock deadline approached. Nothing has changed since then.