The Falkirk FC Thread

I didn't think nesbitt was that dreadful yesterday his pass through for lawal before the opening goal was excellent and he covered most of the pitch but mcginn needs far more help than him and Oliver are going to give him that's for sure. It also means lawal whose supposed to be a number 10 is he not in this formation spends far too much time helping out the midfield isolating burrell up top.  At the end of the day we scored enough goals and had enough chances to win comfortably but our two shitebag centrebacks managed managed to ensure we only got one point. I'm not in the mcglynn out camp the majority on here were of the opinion that this was more than a one season job when he took over but now we seem to be expecting a lot more. Mistakes have been made in recruitment again mind you but a lot fewer than in previous seasons. Decision not to bring in a right back a poor one that's hampering us and mcglynn has complained about having too many similar players which is correct but why then sign Oliver and Kennedy to add to the midget midfield brigade whilst doing little to move on some of the players we already have? We're crying out for a midfield enforcer to allow the likes of mcginn and lawal to do their stuff instead. It's still a good bit to go but I think we'll make the playoffs comfortably and then it's not impossible to beat the likes of Hamilton or Arbroath . Lot still to play for but we badly need some wheeling and dealing in January to get more consistency out the side.

Edited by Shodwall cat

36 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Enjoying some sun until the results came in. Haven’t even bothered listening to the managers post match interview nor the highlights. It doesn’t take much to work out we are brutally short in defence albeit Donaldson missing was a blow. Williamson starting is baffling after such a long time out, and if I’m reading most posts correctly, we’ve continued with one up front. McGlynn and the feel good factor over, at very best we will make the playoffs. 
Not sure if true but hearing after the Edinburgh game we’re in a bit more financial trouble than what’s been released publicly. Looking forward to the AGM.

Interesting?

My moaning is only based on public information as I am certainly NOT itk.

As you say we should learn a lot at the AGM.

36 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Enjoying some sun until the results came in. Haven’t even bothered listening to the managers post match interview nor the highlights. It doesn’t take much to work out we are brutally short in defence albeit Donaldson missing was a blow. Williamson starting is baffling after such a long time out, and if I’m reading most posts correctly, we’ve continued with one up front. McGlynn and the feel good factor over, at very best we will make the playoffs. 
Not sure if true but hearing after the Edinburgh game we’re in a bit more financial trouble than what’s been released publicly. Looking forward to the AGM.

I don’t know a thing about the clubs financial situation, but why is anyone surprised if it is worse than we thought! It’s not like we weren’t warned, but lots of you on here didn’t like it when the directors told it like it was. If you feel strongly enough to post on here then surly you’d want the club to be successful/survive. I read some posters on here taking an FSS membership, then cancelling it after a bad result, then taking it back out again after a good result. Furfucksake!

In fairness the public information put out via the Falkirk daft pod cast did seem relatively serious in its self although they did outline plans to close the funding gap by increasing revenue, new investment, additional investment from patrons/increasing FSS revenue and approaching existing shareholders for some form of soft loan/share buy back scheme. It’ll be interesting to find out how that’s progressed and how much we have been able to raise. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Would be good to get a financial update. When the podcast came out my main concerns were the revenue gap which was needing about 600k increased on last year if costs remained the same. Is this still on target as it was mid October? And would also be good to know if there is any new investment to cover the operating loss gap from patron's or external sources.

I guess it will all come out in time with the AGM but to me the podcast was pretty clear about how serious the situation was

I didn't think nesbitt was that dreadful yesterday his pass through for lawal before the opening goal was excellent and he covered most of the pitch but mcginn needs far more help than him and Oliver are going to give him that's for sure. It also means lawal whose supposed to be a number 10 is he not in this formation spends far too much time helping out the midfield isolating burrell up top.  At the end of the day we scored enough goals and had enough chances to win comfortably but our two shitebag centrebacks managed managed to ensure we only got one point. I'm not in the mcglynn out camp the majority on here were of the opinion that this was more than a one season job when he took over but now we seem to be expecting a lot more. Mistakes have been made in recruitment again mind you but a lot fewer than in previous seasons. Decision not to bring in a right back a poor one that's hampering us and mcglynn has complained about having too many similar players which is correct but why then sign Oliver and Kennedy to add to the midget midfield brigade whilst doing little to move on some of the players we already have? We're crying out for a midfield enforcer to allow the likes of mcginn and lawal to do their stuff instead. It's still a good bit to go but I think we'll make the playoffs comfortably and then it's not impossible to beat the likes of Hamilton or Arbroath . Lot still to play for but we badly need some wheeling and dealing in January to get more consistency out the side.

Spot on for me. Would be looking at either Yeats or Hetherington in for Oliver in midfield to shore it up, and hope for something in January. Far too open in midfield yesterday.

Haven’t bothered reading back the full thread since the game yesterday but assume many would want to go to Donaldson and Mackie at centre half once both fit and available and would agree with this too.

Just need to get the right balance between attack and defence and don’t think we are a million miles away, albeit a bit frustrating it’s taking us until the end of the second quarter of the season to still be working it out.

No manager is going to win every match and I wouldn’t expect Mcglynn to. However, only winning half of games in league 1 isn’t good enough and will not win us any league.

Definitely isn’t good enough if to win a league, but couldn’t care less as long as we get promoted out of this hellhole, which is still more than possible.

16 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Would be good to get a financial update. When the podcast came out my main concerns were the revenue gap which was needing about 600k increased on last year if costs remained the same. Is this still on target as it was mid October? And would also be good to know if there is any new investment to cover the operating loss gap from patron's or external sources.

I guess it will all come out in time with the AGM but to me the podcast was pretty clear about how serious the situation was

The operating deficit for this year was quoted as 400k with any additional un budgeted income obviously shrinking that number. I do agree the directors on the pod cast spelled it out completely transparently, there was also a follow up article in the herald and various emails and statements sent out from the FSS, there really shouldn’t be any surprises to anybody. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

5 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The operating deficient for this year was quoted as 400k with any additional un budgeted income obviously shrinking that number. I do agree the directors on the pod cast spelled it out completely transparently, there was also a follow up article in the herald and various emails and statements sent out from the FSS, there really shouldn’t be any surprises to anybody. 

The starting point though would've gone from 400 to over 500 due to the extra money given to mcglynn which was then never recouped in players being moved on. 

Guest Back Post Misses
18 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

No the gap was 400k

Guest Back Post Misses
2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

The starting point though would've gone from 400 to over 500 due to the extra money given to mcglynn which was then never recouped in players being moved on. 

The cash needed was said to be 400k. 

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

I think this was planned to be covered by the increased revenue. There was supposed to be a target of 600k increase in income from last year which they said was on target and this included covering the increased team budget. The 400k operating loss was then supposed to be covered by other investment on top of that.

9 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Over and above that gates have been above the average budgeted for and we progressed in the league cup also. The figure I’m guessing is still roughly 400k (this was the figure quoted only last month so that’ll be the correct number I presume!) which hopefully they’ve been able to raise via the means indicated in the podcast. (Soft loans from shareholders, new investment, increased investment from patrons and FSS, share buy back scheme.) We will get an update at the AGM how the fund raising has progressed and I’m sure all fans are hoping for good news on that front! 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

No the gap was 400k

Yeah for the operating loss. But this operating loss was based on a budget that included a planned income which was 600k higher in revenue than what was made last season. 

As in last year our income was 1.2million, spending was 2.2million. this year the planned income is 1.8 million (600k more than last year) with a spending budget of 2.2 million. Meaning we need to increase revenue by 600k on last year (which was on target at date of podcast) and additionally cover the operating loss of 400k. 

That's what I wrote immediately after the podcast so please correct if that is wrong.

Edited by Jimmy1876

Guest Back Post Misses
Just now, Jimmy1876 said:

Yeah for the operating loss. But this operating loss was based on a budget that included a planned income which was 600k higher in revenue than what was made last season. 

As in last year our income was 1.2million, spending was 2.2million. this year the planned income is 1.8 million (600k more than last year) with a spending budget of 2.2 million. Meaning we need to increase revenue by 600k on last year (which was on target as t date of podcast) and additionally cover the operating loss of 400k. 

That's what I wrote immediately after the podcast so please correct if that is wrong.

The cash gap, which is all that really matters, is/was 400k 

17 minutes ago, Trump said:

Definitely isn’t good enough if to win a league, but couldn’t care less as long as we get promoted out of this hellhole, which is still more than possible.

I think it’s no more than possible. It certainly isn’t probable. I am sure the bookies wouldn’t have us anywhere close to being odds on to be promoted this season. At a guess, I would reckon we’d be something like 4/1 at best, but in truth, probably longer than that.

17 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Over and above that gates have been above the average budgeted for and we progressed in the league cup also. The figure I’m guessing is still roughly 400k (this was the figure quoted only last month so that’ll be the correct number I presume!) which hopefully they’ve been able to raise via the means indicated in the podcast. (Soft loans from shareholders, new investment, increased investment from patrons and FSS, share buy back scheme.) We will get an update at the AGM how the fund raising has progressed and I’m sure all fans are hoping for good news on that front! 

The extra cash was given to mcglynn on the understanding that it would be recouped by moving players on. That has never happened. Supposedly mcglynn didn't want to upset the morale in the camp by doing that which has unfortunately left us with a bigger  hole in the budget and still too much of last year's strugglers in the squad even though he's got more out of the majority of them.

Edited by Shodwall cat