The Falkirk FC Thread

39 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

How can he do that ? @Dawson Park Boysays we are going bust if we don’t go up ?

I don’t know if we’re going bust or not.

All I can say is that, based on the information put out into the public domain by the Directors, unless we get new investment from the Patrons, existing shareholders or loans, we must be sailing into a tricky situation around now or the next few months. So far I’ve heard no news on that front.

Maybe it’s under control but until we find out at the AGM, we won’t know.

As to the football, today was desperately disappointing as the game was there to be won.

As mentioned earlier, I would start Allegria over Burrell if he’s determined to play just one striker.

Regarding McGlynn he’s easily the best we could have got under the circumstances. Some folks have a short memory as to what we were suffering last season. It may take another year but that’s indicative of how bad we were.

Burrell was very disappointing today. Seemed scared to take on Peter grant whose possibly the slowest player in Scottish football and he'd given him a torrid time at TFS in the first game.  Alegria showed their defence a clean pair of heels and nearly scored and he isn't as quick as burrell.

41 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I don’t know how you’ve missed it given you are used to playing at this level, but league one isn’t exactly full of superstars.   You’d be utterly delighted to be the best in this league, but you aren’t.

Caution Mind the gap Sign - 50x75mm - A8P

I believe that’s called stating the fucking obvious.

A lot went wrong today but poor finishing/decision making especially in the first 20mins cost us & let Clyde back into the game who were then winning every 50/50. Not good enough & let down the circa 800 travelling support in terms of fight to be honest. 

2 great goals from Morrison & Lawal and Gary Oliver did well to take his but it’s not consistent enough form to get to top spot. Centre halves today were rank rotten 🤦🏼‍♂️

Oh and leaking the team on here/social media is pish poor behaviour & not for the first time by the same poster I see, as they did the same thing before the Kelty game in October.

Whilst I’m moaning, flags not getting into stadiums is pish behaviour too. Especially when it’s nothing offensive. 

Burrell wasn't up to scratch and hasn't been for the last few games. Alegria was very unlucky to have his shot saved at the end after brilliant play to get in behind.

Morrison scores a screamer for the first then misses a gilt edged chance in the second half with the dink over the keeper. We got lucky twice for Oliver's goal as I don't have a clue what the defender on the line was doing.

Lawal showed flashes of magic but as has been mentioned he really needs to stay on his feet more often as the tackles were too soft to be fouls.

The Clyde third looked offside but no complaints with the two finishes from Allan they were excellent.

The first Clyde goal I'll need to see back again but I'm sure Mckay has the chance to put a tackle in and changes his mind last minute, they then lay the ball off and tuck it away.

Two points thrown away today.  First 20 minutes we should have been 2/3 up then we take the lead. Clyde equaliser there was a ball just needing to be booted up the park to clear the danger and for whatever reason ( McKay ) I think just leaves it a shot comes in that the keeper makes an arse of saving. 

Clyde start pressing out short passing at the back and we start getting turned over in mildfield leading to a well taken second goal.

Our equaliser was fortunate the guy on the line should have cleared Oliver’s shot.

Clyde 3rd goal looked a foul in Midfield on Ola then offside but again their guy put it away well.

Our equaliser was a peach from Ola and we should then have gone on to win.

Williamson looked no where near fit, personally i’d Give up on him. McKay was back to last years form, Henderson might be better suited moving to midfield and bringing  in Mackie,McCann was solid again. Hogarth was poor at first goal and is uncomfortable and too slow passing about from the back. 

The guy who posts the info he has re the team needs to take a think to himself. 

Lastly Nesbitt outswinging corners, he must have taken 20 these last three games no joy from any, some abysmal. Opposite side all inswinging corners by Nesbitt or anyone else cause panic every time 

Edited by NUMBER 7

10 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Two points thrown away today.  First 20 minutes we should have been 2/3 up then we take the lead. Clyde equaliser there was a ball just needing to be booted up the park to clear the danger and for whatever reason ( McKay ) I think just leaves it a shot comes in that the keeper makes an arse of saving. 

Clyde start pressing out short passing at the back and we start getting turned over in mildfield leading to a well taken second goal.

Our equaliser was fortunate the guy on the line should have cleared Oliver’s shot.

Clyde 3rd goal looked a foul in Midfield on Ola then offside but again their guy put it away well.

Williamson looked no where near fit, personally i’d Give up on him. McKay was back to last years form, Henderson might be better suited moving to midfield and bringing  in Walsh, McCann was solid again. Hogarth was poor at first goal and is uncomfortable and too slow passing about from the back. 

?

Oh and leaking the team on here/social media is pish poor behaviour & not for the first time by the same poster I see, as they did the same thing before the Kelty game in October.

Couldn’t agree more and thought that when I read it initially. Most of us listen to McGlynn’s interview on Friday night on FTV and he tries to keep his ‘cards closed to his chest’ regarding team selection and injuries etc.
I really can’t understand what planet some of our fans are on that allows them to pass “privileged” information like that on? it beggars belief, some time it’s better to say nothing rather than coming across like a “billy bigbaws” trying to impress and show how much they are in the know. It’s just plain ridiculous.
I thought the leaks had stopped???

20 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Williamson looked no where near fit, personally i’d Give up on him. McKay was back to last years form, Henderson might be better suited moving to midfield and bringing  in Walsh, McCann was solid again. Hogarth was poor at first goal and is uncomfortable and too slow passing about from the back. 

The guy who posts the info he has re the team needs to take a think to himself. 

Lastly Nesbitt outswinging corners, he must have taken 20 these last three games no joy from any, some abysmal. Opposite side all inswinging corners by Nesbitt or anyone else cause panic every time 

I'd bring in Walsh too, whoever the f**k he is!

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The season isn't even half over. Plenty of games to be played. 

We started today with 8 of the players who got us relegated last season. 7 against you lot.

I'm pretty sure your dross from last year ain't at the level of ours, by fuk we have competition winners in there 

51 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

I moan every week re Nesbitt's set piece play....it's fukn woeful

29 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I'm pretty sure your dross from last year ain't at the level of ours, by fuk we have competition winners in there 

I moan every week re Nesbitt's set piece play....it's fukn woeful

Tbh I would drop Nesbitt altogether. Plenty of running about but very little end product imo.

Mcguffie is the opposite in that he can be invisible in games but has the ability to pop up with a good strike occasionally.

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Tbh I would drop Nesbitt altogether. Plenty of running about but very little end product imo.

Mcguffie is the opposite in that he can be invisible in games but has the ability to pop up with a good strike occasionally.

The Nesbitt I've got all the time in the world to shoot or pick a pass today sums him up. 

He was justified to have a shot but the minimum was to hit the target. 

As mentioned above by someone, the midfield balance today is way off, worked when we were on top but when that shifts it clearly doesn't.

To all the fans who think that McGlynn is the "best that we can get", you'll be pleased to know that his win statistics with us are the best of his managerial career.

We're doomed. 😋

Managerial statistics[edit]

As of match played 19 November 2022
Team Nat From To Record
G W D L Win %
Raith Rovers Scotland November 2006 July 2012 249 106 64 79 42.57
Heart of Midlothian Scotland July 2012 February 2013 34 10 10 14 29.41
Livingston Scotland September 2013 December 2014 58 22 9 27 37.93
Raith Rovers Scotland September 2018 May 2022 161 75 44 42 46.58
Falkirk Scotland May 2022   22 11 6 5 50.00
Total 524 224 133 167 42.75

Edit: The Covid season he had a win ratio of 53.57% at the time the league was halted and was then awarded the league title.

League table[edit]

Pos Team Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts PPG Promotion, qualification or relegation[a]
1 Raith Rovers (C) 28 15 8 5 49 33 +16 53 1.89 Promotion to the Championship
2 Falkirk 28 14 10 4 54 18 +36 52 1.86
Edited by Bairn in Exile

Enjoying some sun until the results came in. Haven’t even bothered listening to the managers post match interview nor the highlights. It doesn’t take much to work out we are brutally short in defence albeit Donaldson missing was a blow. Williamson starting is baffling after such a long time out, and if I’m reading most posts correctly, we’ve continued with one up front. McGlynn and the feel good factor over, at very best we will make the playoffs. 
Not sure if true but hearing after the Edinburgh game we’re in a bit more financial trouble than what’s been released publicly. Looking forward to the AGM.

5 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Edit: The Covid season he had a win ratio of 53.57% at the time the league was halted and was then awarded the league title.

Worth pointing out that I genuinely don’t think we’d have won that league had it been played out in full, let alone called a week later than it was after our inevitable draw/loss away to Peterhead.

Edited by Enigma