The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I know what I wrote and what I meant when I wrote it. No point trying to tell me otherwise….

I read what you wrote. You would have made the same amount of back four changes as McGlynn did. FWIW I would have played Yeats too. The reality McGlynn had to make two changes in the back four. 

8 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

We aren’t going to get better than McGlynn. We need to stop changing managers every season and try and get some consistency. 

Please stop posting sensibly. Some fellow fans don't like sensible and prefer to massively overreact 

14 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

if there’s no improvement on the 50% win rate over the rest of the season, I’d be looking at other options for next season.

No manager is going to win 100 per cent of their matches. Constantly changing managers doesn't make us attractive to work for to other managers.

McGlynn is probably the best we're going to get in L1

14 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I didn’t think Williamson was as awful as some today but it was an unwarranted risk that didn’t come off either.

Williamson played well in the monsoon up at Tannadice on Tuesday. He set up a couple of chances in the first half and didn't do anything calamitous at the back, so personally I didn't see his return as a risk. Outwith the fact that he might not have been fit enough to last the full 90 minutes. 

I read what you wrote. You would have made the same amount of back four changes as McGlynn did. FWIW I would have played Yeats too. The reality McGlynn had to make two changes in the back four. 

And you point is what?
It’s about risk mitigation. It’s not possible to make one change it’s about how much additional risk you put in place trying to do it. Reduce instability as much as possible.
Oh, and I MIGHT have started Donaldson and brought him off if we were in control. Depends how unfit he actually was….

Guest Back Post Misses
4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

And you point is what?
It’s about risk mitigation. It’s not possible to make one change it’s about how much additional risk you put in place trying to do it. Reduce instability as much as possible.
Oh, and I MIGHT have started Donaldson and brought him off if we were in control. Depends how unfit he actually was….

My point is you calling McGlynn out when the reality is he only really had two choices. MCKay had to go to CH so it was between Yeats and Williamson. As BB explained I can now see why WIlliamson played. 

One thing is for sure McGlynn would have been in a much better place than you or anyone else to whether Donaldson started or not. I am sure had he been up to it he would have started. 

13 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

No manager is going to win 100 per cent of their matches. Constantly changing managers doesn't make us attractive to work for to other managers.

McGlynn is probably the best we're going to get in L1

No manager is going to win every match and I wouldn’t expect Mcglynn to. However, only winning half of games in league 1 isn’t good enough and will not win us any league.

Guest Back Post Misses
1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

No manager is going to win every match and I wouldn’t expect Mcglynn to. However, only winning half of games in league 1 isn’t good enough and will not win us any league.

You defended Sheerin for long enough 

McGlynn is a far better manager than Sheerin, Rennie, McKinnon and Hartley. He has built a far better side than we have had for a good few years with better players. Even if we don’t go up I would keep him and let him and Smith empty the rest of the dross and get his own players in. We are playing better football at times this season that we have got near in the past 3/4. If we just keep changing managers we will get nowhere.

29 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If the roles were reversed and you had Falkirk going seven points clear at the top today I reckon you'd have a few Falkirk fans giving it laldy. 

Possibly but I don’t think they’d be using aggressive language like that. I’m not familiar with the poster, assume he’s new to this. 

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

McGlynn is a far better manager than Sheerin, Rennie, McKinnon and Hartley. He has built a far better side than we have had for a good few years with better players. Even if we don’t go up I would keep him and let him and Smith empty the rest of the dross and get his own players in. We are playing better football at times this season that we have got near in the past 3/4. If we just keep changing managers we will get nowhere.

How can he do that ? @Dawson Park Boysays we are going bust if we don’t go up ?

30 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

What good would changing manager again do? Is there any guarantee a new manager would fair any better? 

We badly need stability. Let's let the manager do his job. At the end of this season there's more players contracts expiring we wouldnt mind seeing leaving, lets let him have a full squad of his own players.

Just weird that what we thought was the most improved part of the side (the defence) is now arguably the worst. Don’t know if it’s so many changes, but we look capable of throwing away games really cheaply.

The midfield isn’t great other than when Yeats and McGinn are really on it. We know we are creating a fair amount of chances and blowing most of them, and away from home, that is going to cost us dearly as long as the defence keeps on conceding lousy goals.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Best / most consistent of a bad lot.

I don’t know how you’ve missed it given you are used to playing at this level, but league one isn’t exactly full of superstars.   You’d be utterly delighted to be the best in this league, but you aren’t.

Caution Mind the gap Sign - 50x75mm - A8P

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

No one has mentioned how poor Burrell was either. The minute we brought on Alegria the ball started to stick up top and Duffy then went to a third CH to stop the flow. 

I think Burrell would be more effective, as would the team as a whole, if we went two up front.

I would have a midfield four of McGinn, Heatherington (yes really), Lewall and one of the wee sand dancers, probably Morrison or Kennedy.

Just weird that what we thought was the most improved part of the side (the defence) is now arguably the worst. Don’t know if it’s so many changes, but we look capable of throwing away games really cheaply.
The midfield isn’t great other than when Yeats and McGinn are really on it. We know we are creating a fair amount of chances and blowing most of them, and away from home, that is going to cost us dearly as long as the defence keeps on conceding lousy goals.

It’s pretty clear that Donaldson was an inspired signing. Problem is the difference between playing with and without him in the side is immense.
However, today, it didn’t help that McGinn was completely off his game and that left the centre pairing especially exposed….

23 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

What good would changing manager again do? Is there any guarantee a new manager would fair any better? 

We badly need stability. Let's let the manager do his job. At the end of this season there's more players contracts expiring we wouldnt mind seeing leaving, lets let him have a full squad of his own players.

As I said, I don’t want rid of Mcglynn.

In my view, the best of a bad bunch over the last few years have been Miller and McCracken. Let’s hope Mcglynn can improve on that not very high bar.