The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Problem on here is some don’t like it when you criticise the club under the current regime.
We are fractionally better than we were under M and M and look capable of crashing in the same way without Donaldson and McGinn. If we can keep them fit we should make the play offs…

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

For me, Henderson is no more a centre back than my better half. I remain utterly convinced that as long as Nesbitt is a Falkirk player, L1 is where we stay.……..and so much for McKay coming good under McGlynn.

Nesbitt’s assists may satisfy some, but he really is a complete waste of a jersey.

There is absolutely no chance of this group of players winning this league.

Our worthy players list consists of Donaldson, McGinn, McCann, Burrell, Lawal, Yeats and I guess, Morrison. Beyond those seven, we have nothing but makeweights, and makeweights that simply can’t be carried by the rest.

Mackay would be  fine with Donaldson or Mackie beside him but as we saw last season is a bombscare when partnered with another bombscare. Mackie and Mackay did well when Donaldson and Henderson were injured and that should've been the pairing today.

Guest Back Post Misses
9 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Mackay would be  fine with Donaldson or Mackie beside him but as we saw last season is a bombscare when partnered with another bombscare. Mackie and Mackay did well when Donaldson and Henderson were injured and that should've been the pairing today.

He wasn’t going to drop Henderson after a clean sheet

Guest Back Post Misses
1 minute ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Always one what? No sucking up to your mates on board 

f**k off, tiresome tripe. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

For me, when you have a fairly solid defence and you lose a key player out of it you don’t compound the change by bringing in a player who has just been out with a long term injury and completely reorganise it. You focus on stabilising what you have.
McGlynn making silly errors again imo….

Guest Back Post Misses
Just now, Amarillo Bairn said:

What you can't see criticism anywhere and we're the tiresome ones when we mention it 

We’re? Who is we’re? No sign of clowns like you when we win. Drop points or lose you come out of the woodwork. 
If you think it is time to get on the managers case rock on son, rock on. 
As far as not being critical you clearly didn’t read any of my posts about the game. 

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

For me, when you have a fairly solid defence and you lose a key player out of it you don’t compound the change by bringing in a player who has just been out with a long term injury and completely reorganise it. You focus on stabilising what you have.

Maybe although I didn't think Williamson was all that bad. It was the two centrehalfs that were fecking chronic for me.

Guest Back Post Misses
5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

What would you have done Pep? 
Played two left sided CH’s Henderson/MacKie? Bringing in Yeats would also have meant two changes. Really not sure when other options McGlynn had other than what I have mentioned. 

1 hour ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

At what point does Mglynn start to get criticism, it's no secret I didn't want him as manager and should have went for Ian Murray instead, but now that we have him the excuse off being left with "Holt's Squad" won't last much longer. 7 points behind already ffs,

I've seen plenty criticism of McGlynn,myself has done also. No manager has ever been exempt from that.

Every managerial appointment is a gamble but personally McGlynn for me is a safe gamble. I personally wouldn't have went near Murray, took him a number of years to shape an Airdrie team and they bottled the play offs when it seemed a stick on against a team who won less games than our shameful lot.

The league isn't over yet but to carry 5/6/7 passengers from previous shit show is a crippling factor. I do think the worst we will finish is 2nd and after two seasons out the play offs, for me is progress. We may even come up against Murray in the play offs 🙂

1 hour ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

At what point does Mglynn start to get criticism, it's no secret I didn't want him as manager and should have went for Ian Murray instead, but now that we have him the excuse off being left with "Holt's Squad" won't last much longer. 7 points behind already ffs,

I’m not calling for Mcglynn to go but 8 wins from 16 is nowhere near good enough. Yes, he is hampered by some of last season’s left overs but he has also been allowed to bring in a good number of his own players.

Frankly if there’s no improvement on the 50% win rate over the rest of the season, I’d be looking at other options for next season.

What would you have done Pep? 
Played two left sided CH’s Henderson/MacKie? Bringing in Yeats would also have meant two changes. Really not sure when other options McGlynn had other than what I have mentioned. 

I’d have brought in Yeats who is at least up to speed and has played alongside the others more recently…at least until Donaldson is fit. Incidentally he was fit enough to be on the bench today. I’d have played him in a wheelchair as soon as I saw the calamity that was unfolding in that first half.
Agree, I didn’t think Williamson was as awful as some today but it was an unwarranted risk that didn’t come off either.

Ps. Appreciate the compliment….[emoji16]

Guest Back Post Misses
1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

I’d have brought in Yeats who is at least up to speed and has played alongside the others more recently…at least until Donaldson is fit. Incidentally he was fit enough to be on the bench today. I’d have played him in a wheelchair as soon as I saw the calamity that was unfolding in that first half.
Agree, I didn’t think Williamson was as awful as some today but it was an unwarranted risk that didn’t come off either.

Ps. Appreciate the compliment….emoji16.png

Your initial point was McGlynn made two changes, just as you would have done. 

Guest Back Post Misses

No one has mentioned how poor Burrell was either. The minute we brought on Alegria the ball started to stick up top and Duffy then went to a third CH to stop the flow. 

Just now, MrDust said:

I've seen plenty criticism of McGlynn,myself has done also. No manager has ever been exempt from that.

Every managerial appointment is a gamble but personally McGlynn for me is a safe gamble. I personally wouldn't have went near Murray, took him a number of years to shape an Airdrie team and they bottled the play offs when it seemed a stick on against a team who won less games than our shameful lot.

The league isn't over yet but to carry 5/6/7 passengers from previous shit show is a crippling factor. I do think the worst we will finish is 2nd and after two seasons out the play offs, for me is progress. We may even come up against Murray in the play offs 🙂

The season isn't even half over. Plenty of games to be played. 

We started today with 8 of the players who got us relegated last season. 7 against you lot.

58 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Not allowed to go to Peterhead as home past bedtime and faux aggression on a faceless forum. You are definitely about 15 son.

If the roles were reversed and you had Falkirk going seven points clear at the top today I reckon you'd have a few Falkirk fans giving it laldy. 

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

No one has mentioned how poor Burrell was either. The minute we brought on Alegria the ball started to stick up top and Duffy then went to a third CH to stop the flow. 

Time for Alegria to get a start imo, he’s done well after coming on the last few games.