The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If he’s actually on the lash in Peterhead and posting on the Falkirk thread on P&B I’d argue that’s even worse chief.

Why? Takes about 30 seconds to post something here. 

Said before the game I'd have rather had Mackie come in if it was Donaldson that was out and stand by that. But actually should have been a replacement for Henderson. Williamson is a mile off match fit for me and should never have had a start as his first game back too. MacKay also didn't have a great game. Neither did Burrel. Good effort to come back though and the goals were well taken, Lawal deserves man of the match for that and at least a point.  

47 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

That's a pish poor first half, and despite it being an entertaining second, it's 2 points handed straight bacl to the Pars.

The bigger concern for me though, and wel see if im right soon enough, is that the cat is well and truly out the bag for how to beat us.

What I expect to see coming up now and into Q3 is us routinely getting turned over away from home.

I'm not sure it had anything to do with how to beat us as we scored 3 goals. It was our piss poor defending that caused all the problems.  If you have a centrehalf scared to header the ball at times it's only going to cause you serious problems.  With Donaldson playing we'd have won the day but without him you can't play too absolute bombscares together.

Positives were that we came back twice rather than lying down and created enough chances to win 3 games never mind one. However defending like we did (and have this season) will stop us winning the league. There was a clear foul in the build up to their 3rd however we have to defend better. Henderson was bullied all day by Jordan Allan just like he has been by Higginbotham twice this season. The guy is murder. Our midfield can’t handle a physical midfield. We’ve seen that today, Dunfermline and Kelty. I would bring Hetherington in to help McGinn and allow our forward players the platform to go and play. 

Guest Back Post Misses
3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Thought they had sorted that out with the new board and the way the club conducts itself. Hope its not the slippery slope return to certain attention seekers getting snippets fed to them.

How can you have credibility with the support if those running the club don't conduct themselves in a professional and confidential manner

You are assuming it has come from the Board. 

20 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'm not sure it had anything to do with how to beat us 

I can't agree. The salient points being made here by T&B (Of P&B)

16 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

However defending like we did (and have this season) will stop us winning the league....... Henderson was bullied all day by Jordan Allan just like he has been by Higginbotham twice this season......... Our midfield can’t handle a physical midfield. We’ve seen that today, Dunfermline and Kelty.

Another team who got in our faces and we just didnt like it. Too soft. 

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Thought they had sorted that out with the new board and the way the club conducts itself. Hope its not the slippery slope return to certain attention seekers getting snippets fed to them.

How can you have credibility with the support if those running the club don't conduct themselves in a professional and confidential manner

Can’t see how it would be the board to be honest. McGlynn said they don’t tell the team till the day before and I doubt he’ll tell anyone other than the playing staff. More likely it’s a player letting on. In any case I don’t think anyone at Clyde will be basing their tactics on a speculative P and B post. 

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I can't agree. The salient points being made here by T&B (Of P&B)

Another team who got in our faces and we just didnt like it. Too soft. 

As I said Donaldson plays we don't lose that game. Individual errors for me were the problem more than just Clyde setting up to be hard to beat.  

Edited by Shodwall cat

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

As I said Donaldson plays we don't lose that game. Individual errors for me were the problem more than just Clyde setting up to be hard to beat.  

Meh. Donaldson might have been successful in papering over the cracks, but that would only mean that individual quality papered over a systemic failure thats becoming more apparent, and ultimately will become more exploited. 

Guest Back Post Misses
4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Meh. Donaldson might have been successful in papering over the cracks, but that would only mean that individual quality papered over a systemic failure thats becoming more apparent, and ultimately will become more exploited. 

I agree with Shadwell. Donaldson is a massive loss. It is not papering over cracks - he is the organiser and motivator in there who demands standards. Huge loss

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

We started off fine. Scored a good goal should've had a couple more and were controlling the game . Clyde hardly got a sniff then Mackay makes an absolute Horlicks of clearing a corner , they score and suddenly the defence is all over the place.  Second goal neither Henderson or Mackay decide to tackle Allen and it's an excellent finish. These goals are easily avoided by simply having centrehalfs that arent playing like schoolkids.

3 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

At what point does Mglynn start to get criticism, it's no secret I didn't want him as manager and should have went for Ian Murray instead, but know that we have him the excuse off being left with "Holt Squad" won't last much longer. 7 points behind already ffs,

Christ ian Murray is doing far worse at Raith than mcglynn. Let in 5 at home today.

Edited by Shodwall cat

I agree with Shadwell. Donaldson is a massive loss. It is not papering over cracks - he is the organiser and motivator in there who demands standards. Huge loss
He absolutely is a huge loss. No denial of that for me, but Henderson still would have been all over the place with a striker getting in his face. The midfield still wouldn't have liked what Clyde brought today.

Again, what Clyde did today is absolutely the way teams will beat us. Clearly, having our best defender in the team makes it more likely that we muddle through, but teams are successfully exposing Henderson whether Donaldson is there or not and teams are getting on top of our midfield whether Donaldson is there or not.

It's a worry. We need someone who relishes the combat in there. Add that to needing a right back and a striker.

Guest Back Post Misses
3 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

At what point does Mglynn start to get criticism, it's no secret I didn't want him as manager and should have went for Ian Murray instead, but now that we have him the excuse off being left with "Holt's Squad" won't last much longer. 7 points behind already ffs,

FFS always one 

Guest Back Post Misses
2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

He absolutely is a huge loss. No denial of that for me, but Henderson still would have been all over the place with a striker getting in his face. The midfield still wouldn't have liked what Clyde brought today.

Again, what Clyde did today is absolutely the way teams will beat us. Clearly, having our best defender in the team makes it more likely that we muddle through, but teams are successfully exposing Henderson whether Donaldson is there or not and teams are getting on top of our midfield whether Donaldson is there or not.

It's a worry. We need someone who relishes the combat in there. Add that to needing a right back and a striker.

As Shadwell says we were in total control till MCKay goes to sleep. Donaldson played, we would have won 

As Shadwell says we were in total control till MCKay goes to sleep. Donaldson played, we would have won 
Maybe. We'll never know. What we do know is we handed back 2 points to the Pars a week after picking them up.

Clearly I hope to be wrong here. I am generally pretty half full, but I am very worried about this team away from home.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

To me you can't play Oliver and lawal and lawal is the better player. Mcginn , lawal and Yates or hetherington at the moment.