The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

Anyone have any idea who picks up the energy bills for the stadium. Noticed the stadium floodlights on late midweek, when travelling to airport. Assuming these are LEDs ?

We asked the directors when they were on the podcast. Club have a good long term energy deal with the council so doesn’t matter if the lecky burns all day 😂

The question was asked due to a few clubs looking at earlier KOs etc. 

Edited by RC55 FFC

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

They’ve been limited at 25 tickets to mitigate any effect in subsequent years however that would be taking for granted several things such as presuming that each person would have bought a ticket for the next 10 years. 

At the end of the day it’s just a venture to bring in a financial boost, for anyone able to afford it. Plenty have gave money over the years without much in return so this  will be of more benefit to the individual than maybe buying £5k worth of shares.

Essentially it’s a soft loan that the club doesn’t have to pay interest on and a way for fans to help plug the gap in finances. The only difference like you say will be the club potentially missing out on those payments in future years. 

Yeah that makes sense, as I said I wasn't sure it would balance out as I don't know what the extras are. But it's definitely a good cash injection and definitely needed just now. Limiting it is a good idea for that reason though because fans who can pay the £5000 are likely fans who would be getting season tickets/hospitality usually. 

13 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
13 hours ago, _FFC1876 said:
Tomorrow’s team:
Hogarth
Williamson McKay Henderson McCann
Morrison McGinn Nesbitt Oliver
Lawal
Burrell

Are you suggesting Coll Donaldson is the one that's been ill?

If this is the case I think I'd rather Mackie come in, can't imagine Williamson will be on to start for his first game back either

Guest Back Post Misses
2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

In my view it’s totally unacceptable for presumably someone inside the club to be leaking details of the stating 11 the day before a match 

I agree. Club need to address it 

3 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The lights were all changed when the floodlight pylon went down to a cheaper version to run. Don't think they're LEDs as they don't look like it. 

No idea about who pays, but if I were the stadium company I'd log when the lights were turned on and whom for. Then bill whatever party needed them at the time on a pro-rata basis. They'll certainly be paid for by football clubs or Foundation rather than FCSL. 

I use the pitch as part of a team and we train until 10pm. The lights are more often than not turned off while players are still on the pitch. The contrast once they go off means it is literally darkness. Not the smartest.

Who on earth leaks the team lineup the night before a game. FFS we dont need this so the opposition gets a heads up as to what we are intending to do.

Also, more importantly how did they find out? From the manager directly or from a third party? 

Questions need to be asked

19 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I agree. Club need to address it 

Thought they had sorted that out with the new board and the way the club conducts itself. Hope its not the slippery slope return to certain attention seekers getting snippets fed to them.

How can you have credibility with the support if those running the club don't conduct themselves in a professional and confidential manner

f**k me, we are the kings of overreaction. Probably some player has told a family member who’s ill and who’ll start instead. Can figure out the rest of the 11 from that. I’m sure Mcglynn will tell them next week to keep their mouth shut until the morning of the game next time. Calm down 😂

Another lousy goal conceded. Henderson looking seriously brittle yet again. Donaldson’s importance to the team pretty obvious today.

We seem to have lost our way since the equaliser. We now look more likely to concede again rather than score.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

11 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Another lousy goal conceded. Henderson looking seriously brittle yet again. Donaldson’s importance to the team pretty obvious today.

We seem to have lost our way since the equaliser. We now look more likely to concede again rather than score.

Boom boom.