The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Williamson isn’t reliable enough fitness wise to be our first choice RB in the squad. Yeats is better in midfield imo and I’d rather see him there.

Yeah, but the sort tof overriding point here is there's not point in having 2 of Watson and Mckay on the basis that they can play RB. 

I'd say if you keep either one, they are both 3rd best CH and 3rd best RB in the squad. There's issues with the 2 RBs ahead of them for sure, but that doesn't mean we need two basically identical backups, when releasing one somehow might mean we can get a starting RB, or strengthening elsewhere. 

Interesting point made on the Falkirk Daft Podcast about Morrisons drop in form since Yeats moved from Right Back.  Its a good point that Morrison would prefer a quick ball and McKay doesn't have the skill to do this so once he gets the balls and works out what he is going to do with it, the opposition defender has shut Morrison out.

18 minutes ago, glasgow_bairn said:

Is there anywhere that hold an online archive of old photos of the stadium at Brockville?
When searching online it’s just really the same few images. I was specifically looking for any photos of the inside of the main stand or the outside of the main stand for some reference material

There's no archive anywhere that I'm aware of. Your best bet would be to contact Falkirk FC Heritage on social media. 

39 minutes ago, glasgow_bairn said:

Is there anywhere that hold an online archive of old photos of the stadium at Brockville?
When searching online it’s just really the same few images. I was specifically looking for any photos of the inside of the main stand or the outside of the main stand for some reference material

PM sent - the Trust have a number of internal & external photos taken in 2001 which may be of use to you.

20 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I've seen that mentioned before but I'm very doubtful of it, would just be like having Mckay there for me. I'd definitely rather have him at centre back than Mckay right enough though.

Got to think your likes of Seb Ross and Blair Sneddon are chomping at the bit to leave and get some football. Whether anyone will take them is another question.

I'm sure Watson played the majority of his first season at United as a right back but as you alluded to, coming back from a serious injury isn't ideal coming back to play full back.

I can see him going out on loan if he can get a club, I don't think he will get much game time with players for sure infront of him and I include McKay 😶

I wasn't that bothered when Watson left the first time but when he returned he improved us but got dragged down to the level we were at back then.

I'd guess he will be on a decent wedge too.

3 hours ago, bairn88 said:

A “weekend” game moved to a Thursday night? Absolute fucking shite. Hope they’re footing some of the leccy bill given we don’t even get any extra money for it being on TV. 

0E05615D-B547-438B-ADE6-DC4E452C0642.jpeg

That's your hospitality takings cut substantially too.

Think it’s fair to say we won’t see any additions to the first eleven, unless we can loan or move players away. We’re heavy in squad numbers and we certainly don’t need others as spare jersey fillers.

If and it’s a  huge if we somehow get Williamson fit and on form, we won’t see much change, still think another striker could be the difference come season end.

16 hours ago, glasgow_bairn said:

There's quite a good facebook page called Falkirk Football Club Flicks you could try

https://www.facebook.com/FFCflicks/photos

It has pretty much everything from old images of Brockville, cup final runs, the new stadium being built, squad photos and everything in between

16 hours ago, glasgow_bairn said:

Falkirk collections has some pictures of Brockville. 

Really good resource for the whole of the Falkirk area.

Got the new Bairns View weekly newsletter. The club are really improving communication with fans. Also well done for cutting ticket prices for the QOS game to £10 for adults and £5 concessions. A lot of folk struggling just before Xmas and every little bit helps, hopefully get a good gate. Hope it’s £10 for away fans too as it grates me when clubs reduce prices and still charge full price for away, apart from the OF charge they fuckers double 😁

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Got the new Bairns View weekly newsletter. The club are really improving communication with fans. Also well done for cutting ticket prices for the QOS game to £10 for adults and £5 concessions. A lot of folk struggling just before Xmas and every little bit helps, hopefully get a good gate. Hope it’s £10 for away fans too as it grates me when clubs reduce prices and still charge full price for away, apart from the OF charge they fuckers double 😁

Pleased to hear that finances are in such good shape that they can do that. Can’t imagine that would entice any extra people to come.

Anyway, keen to get the paperwork for the AGM which should be coming out soon.

I hear they are also trying to sell 25 ST’s at £5k each for 10 years with some extras attached. Now that is a decent idea for raising cash rather than giving it away.

16 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Did hibs not lower prices the other week,and had a full stadium. The next game was on tv at normal prices. Stadium half empty or less. Know what I'd rather have.

23 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Did hibs not lower prices the other week,and had a full stadium. The next game was on tv at normal prices. Stadium half empty or less. Know what I'd rather have.

Totally agree, I’ve said that for years. The difference atmosphere wise with our game against the Pars and Edinburgh was night and Day. A full house is so much better.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Pleased to hear that finances are in such good shape that they can do that. Can’t imagine that would entice any extra people to come.

I hear they are also trying to sell 25 ST’s at £5k each for 10 years with some extras attached. Now that is a decent idea for raising cash rather than giving it away.

I think the idea with reduced prices for QOS is as much about trying to help fans who are struggling as it is about raising funds.

9 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I think the idea with reduced prices for QOS is as much about trying to help fans who are struggling as it is about raising funds.

Agree that it’s a very decent gesture by the club & more in the spirit befitting of the season of goodwill to all men 🙌

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

As posted it’s a great offer/gesture from the club especially during these difficult times. However your first sentence is way off mark if you listen to the recent podcast and what I’m hearing about the clubs finances.