The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm hoping for a right back and another striker in January. McGlynn only plays with the one up top but it would be good to have another option as if either of Burrell or Alegria get injured we've got nothing on the bench.

Hogarth will most likely go back to Forrest with Morrison back fit unless they plan on trying to move Paddy Martin on before his contract runs out in the summer. 

Would be great if we could move a few others on in January to make room for more quality.

Edited by FFC 1876

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:
We're a Scottish League one side the chances of us getting hold of a manager that doesn't make an arse of it now and again are very slim. It's frustrating when it happens but all you can really hope for in a manager at our level is someone that gets the majority of decisions right which mcglynn has certainly done so far. Probably keeping the same side against Dunfermline as we had previous week's was an error as teams do find you out so it's necessary these days to keep changing things about a bit unless your side is far better than anyone elses.  Mcpake won the day against us but then by the sounds of it had a mate against Clyde with his team selection so mcglynn ain't the only one that will make mistakes.

Mcpake had his hands tied through injury tbf.

Should still be beating Clyde though even with a few injuries.  Starting mahon in front of todorov was a strange one.

Edited by Shodwall cat

12 hours ago, MrDust said:

It's a great goal granted but the defending is woeful.....I'd be wanting our defenders in stocks getting pelted for that defending, you won't see a goal like that the higher the levels you go.

For me, the defending doesn’t come into it. It’s a L1 side scoring a great goal against another L1 side who were above us in the league table. I certainly wouldn’t mark the goal down in terms of quality because the defending wasn’t up to scratch.

If it had been scored against a non league side, then fair enough, but not when it was against a side above us.

2 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

So far I'd say McGlynn has shown a willingness to change things and has learned from mistakes he's made in games.  That'll hopefully lead to a settled team/system soon and we'll go on a bit of a run.  

Hopefully some of the contracted players not in the manager's plans will be open to a pay off, loan deals come the transfer window to allow the funds for one or two new players in.

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:
Should still be beating Clyde though even with a few injuries.  Starting mahon in front of todorov was a strange one.

Hear what you're saying. Both got 45 and both were junk.

That was the only change from the side that beat us was it not?

13 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

That was the only change from the side that beat us was it not?

Todorov never started against us it was Wighton up top on his own and Todorov came on as a sub.

Mahon in for Chris Hamilton was the change to their starting 11.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Todorov never started against us it was Wighton up top on his own and Todorov came on as a sub.

Mahon in for Chris Hamilton was the change to their starting 11.

That's  what I was trying to say . There was only one change from the game against us.

12 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

For me, the defending doesn’t come into it. It’s a L1 side scoring a great goal against another L1 side who were above us in the league table. I certainly wouldn’t mark the goal down in terms of quality because the defending wasn’t up to scratch.

If it had been scored against a non league side, then fair enough, but not when it was against a side above us.

We would be spitting feathers if we conceded both our goals on Saturday, both great goals but the defending is poor for both. 

Both goals similar in that they beat one man with skill and have a license to do what they want

Edinburgh have done remarkably well considering they sneaked in the back door promotion wise and have had plenty off field issues but they'll be bottom half of the table for sure.

Slight delay this week but John and Ross serve up your weekly slice of Falkirk FC pizza and this week it comes with extra Ola and a handful of McCann as they look back on the FC Edinburgh game (or whatever they are calling themselves this week). They have the launch of the Falkirk FC strip World Cup plus looking ahead to Clyde on Saturday 🎙️🎧

Expect the Unexpected! 

23 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Slight delay this week but John and Ross serve up your weekly slice of Falkirk FC pizza and this week it comes with extra Ola and a handful of McCann as they look back on the FC Edinburgh game (or whatever they are calling themselves this week). They have the launch of the Falkirk FC strip World Cup plus looking ahead to Clyde on Saturday 🎙️🎧

Expect the Unexpected! 

Was the slow cooked paella a special treat for your new best pal McGlynn?

Guest FFC1965

I said at the start of the season that it would be 5 teams (DAFC, FFC, MFC, AFC & QOS) going for the top 4 places (apologies to Alloa & Embra).  As things stand we're 2nd out of those 5 as well as 2nd "actual".  I'm surprised that we are 8 ahead of QOS and 5 ahead of Airdrie at this stage.  Equally I didnt think that DAFC would be as far ahead of us as they are.  

Based on season so far I believe we can win it but our inconsistency suggests otherwise for as long as DAFC dont have a wobble.  Mind you I've just seen Clyde's two goals on Saturday and the defending was awful, so heres hoping.  

Anyhow If we don't win it I honestly cant see us being lower than 2nd in which case we'd be in decent playoff nick.   I cant see any of the non playing dead wood being moved on in january so that will mean no new recruits either.  

Overall the recruitment and style of play has been good (Kelty based blips aside) and you know it's nice to be looking forward to games with a decent team rather than worrying about what calamity is about to unfold next.   

On 14/11/2022 at 12:21, Reggie Perrin said:

No point in keeping Hogarth if we have two fit keepers of our own.

Now that it seems every team in the league is going to stand off us and defend deep I would like to see us going 3-5-2 and really take the game to the opponents.

I’d try and keep Hogarth as No 1 through this season. I prefer him to PJ Morrison and we’d need to make sure he was 100% and not break down again before the season was out.  New keepers needed from next season in my opinion

9 hours ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
10 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:
I’d try and keep Hogarth as No 1 through this season. I prefer him to PJ Morrison and we’d need to make sure he was 100% and not break down again before the season was out.  New keepers needed from next season in my opinion

What about the FC Edinburgh keeper? Worth a punt?

No.

10 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Yeah? I don't think he's a bad keeper but hasn't felt like a considerable upgrade on PJ Morrison, if an upgrade at all. Albeit we have only really got to see Morrison in the league cup games.