The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Can I just point out that if we had beaten Dunfermline last week we would be top of the table today rather than 5 points behind?
In my opinion we lost due to poor managerial decision making. So I don’t think it’s wrong for some posters to remain angry that we never performed in that game.
It’s easy to say just move on but I’d rather obvious errors are not repeated….

I know some folk always seem to make more noise when we lose than when we win, fair enough as I don’t think it’s particular to just Falkirk as fans so I’ve accepted it as human nature but try to look at the bigger picture. Anybody watching us this season can see we are a far better and more attractive side under mcglynn this season and now have a realistic chance of winning the league which is way ahead of what many on here were predicting (i remember comments like “play offs at best” being posted), he might not get it it right every single time but as long as I keep seeing continuous progress which there has been so far I really don’t see the point in piling on with the negativity, it achieves nothing. Fans ideally should play our part in driving the club forward as our backing does make a difference and at the moment it shouldn’t be difficult to get behind the players, management and BOD without falling into happy clapper territory. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

It’s not just that mistakes were made that irks me, it’s that just about everyone with half a brain could see that we were getting know where and we changed nothing until it was far too late. It was up there with the worst decision making I’ve seen at the club in recent years and that’s quite something…..

This has to be a wind up? 

24 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Some decision for that Burrell offside first half btw….

Definitely don’t think we’ve had the rub of the green so far this season with decisions - I’m of the opinion it roughly evens itself out over the course of a full season, so hopefully due a few in the coming months 

8254E548-0378-434B-8BB2-D33BF4D8A4FD.png

That's mad. I actually watched the highlights last night/this morning and thought "aye fair enough, he was off".

Should have been another Nesbitt assist 😉

I think he actually believes it sadly 

I wrote it and I believe it. Just in the same way I believe I was right to point out that Morrison needed some bench time to the usual incredulous responses too. And just in the same way just about everyone believed that Lawell and Burrell needed to be starting games earlier this season.
It was terrible decision making that cost us at Kelty, the same in the first 45 mins in the return game but I give credit that common sense prevailed second half.
I couldn’t believe that after we were so successful in the game at EEP that we did entirely the opposite in the home game. Terrible decision making typically one game in four this season and the reason we won’t top the table.
Still believe we have a decent shot in the playoffs but we need consistency and common sense….

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

That's mad. I actually watched the highlights last night/this morning and thought "aye fair enough, he was off".

Should have been another Nesbitt assist 😉

Burrell didn't actually score though, it was Morrison after Mutch had saved Burrell's effort. Could be argued that the Edinburgh defence had stopped too so maybe they would have managed to clear it otherwise? Doesn't excuse the lino's mistake though.

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I wrote it and I believe it. Just in the same way I believe I was right to point out that Morrison needed some bench time to the usual incredulous responses too. And just in the same way just about everyone believed that Lawell and Burrell needed to be starting games earlier this season.
It was terrible decision making that cost us at Kelty, the same in the first 45 mins in the return game but I give credit that common sense prevailed second half.
I couldn’t believe that after we were so successful in the game at EEP that we did entirely the opposite in the home game. Terrible decision making typically one game in four this season and the reason we won’t top the table.
Still believe we have a decent shot in the playoffs but we need consistency and common sense….

I don't think that a comparison can be drawn between the two Dunfermline games though. Dunfermline took the game to us in the first game, or tried to at least, leaving loads of space for us to run in to, while they sat in at the stadium. There's no doubt though that McGlynn got it wrong in the home game. He should have changed it much sooner than he did.

Guest Back Post Misses
9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

We were not as successful last week because Dunfermline set up completely differently, shoved 11 men behind the ball and the management AND the players didn’t come up with the goods to combat it. Well done Dunfermline you did a number on us. You learn and move on or you wallow and still talk about if for weeks. 

17 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Pretty tiring arguing with someone who clearly just doesn’t really understand much about football. 

We went to EEP and were able to hit channels and bring others into the game with Burrell. That was because the pars hadn’t faced a decent team until then - they came on to us and left a ton of space in their half. 

Last Saturday they played 10 behind the ball, and we couldn’t do that. We didn’t “do entirely the opposite” - we just weren’t able to do what we did. We ran out of ideas against a low block and lost a shite goal. 

Lessons to be learned, sure, but we weren’t set up any differently. 

Pretty tiring arguing with someone who clearly just doesn’t really understand much about football. 
We went to EEP and were able to hit channels and bring others into the game with Burrell. That was because the pars hadn’t faced a decent team until then - they came on to us and left a ton of space in their half. 
Last Saturday they played 10 behind the ball, and we couldn’t do that. We didn’t “do entirely the opposite” - we just weren’t able to do what we did. We ran out of ideas against a low block and lost a shite goal. 
Lessons to be learned, sure, but we weren’t set up any differently. 

Aye ok, mr know it all….[emoji6]

I don't think that a comparison can be drawn between the two Dunfermline games though. Dunfermline took the game to us in the first game, or tried to at least, leaving loads of space for us to run in to, while they sat in at the stadium. There's no doubt though that McGlynn got it wrong in the home game. He should have changed it much sooner than he did.

Correct. So one something isn’t working you try to fix it.
Unless you think tippy tippy along the back line then punt it long to a lone striker is the answer as some appear to be defending?
One shot on target at home in 90 mins..and that came in the 92 min …..

13 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Are we seriously still talking about the Dunfermline game while ignoring a good 2-0 win yesterday? 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Exactly, against a team who were above us on a day where Dunfermline and Airdrie dropped points unexpectedly. Trust some on here to turn a really positive day into a really negative one.

55 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Terrible decision making typically one game in four this season and the reason we won’t top the table.

The way I read this is that you think decisions made by the current management are the main reason we won't win the league. 

I suppose it could also be inferred that that you'ld prefer the decisions made by James McPake as his team are top of the league. 

Do you genuinely believe that? 

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Some decision for that Burrell offside first half btw….

Definitely don’t think we’ve had the rub of the green so far this season with decisions - I’m of the opinion it roughly evens itself out over the course of a full season, so hopefully due a few in the coming months 

8254E548-0378-434B-8BB2-D33BF4D8A4FD.png

Wasn’t the offside for when Burrell hit his shot?