The Falkirk FC Thread

Lawal has the ability to go past a player - essential when we can spend 15 minutes at a time passing the ball around in front of the opposition. Once sides realise this, some of the hatchet men in this league will be out to break his legs. 

2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Lawal has the ability to go past a player - essential when we can spend 15 minutes at a time passing the ball around in front of the opposition. Once sides realise this, some of the hatchet men in this league will be out to break his legs. 

The frustration for me is he was exactly what we needed last week to break down Dunfermline and yet he sat on the bench for 90 mins. Just can't understand the thinking in that at all.

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

The frustration for me is he was exactly what we needed last week to break down Dunfermline and yet he sat on the bench for 90 mins. Just can't understand the thinking in that at all.

It’s happened. He is now in team and if he plays like that every week he will take some shifting. 
He still looks like he needs to build his fitness and learn positionally. I don’t feel as excited by a player for a good while. He looks a real game changer 

It’s happened. He is now in team and if he plays like that every week he will take some shifting. 
He still looks like he needs to build his fitness and learn positionally. I don’t feel as excited by a player for a good while. He looks a real game changer 

Can I just point out that if we had beaten Dunfermline last week we would be top of the table today rather than 5 points behind?
In my opinion we lost due to poor managerial decision making. So I don’t think it’s wrong for some posters to remain angry that we never performed in that game.
It’s easy to say just move on but I’d rather obvious errors are not repeated….

Guest Back Post Misses
30 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Can I just point out that if we had beaten Dunfermline last week we would be top of the table today rather than 5 points behind?
In my opinion we lost due to poor managerial decision making. So I don’t think it’s wrong for some posters to remain angry that we never performed in that game.

Where have I said that McGlynn’s decisions couldn’t have been better against Dunfermline? 

Mistakes happen you have to move on unless you wish to wollow in weeks of what if of course. 

Yesterday again showed any result Is possible in this league. Your prediction that the league has already gone was IMO far too premature. 

Guest Back Post Misses
21 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

Is there any word on when the Wick tickets are due to go on sale?

Rumour going around at the game yesterday it is PATG 

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

I don’t think it’s wrong for some posters to remain angry that we never performed in that game.

Let it go. The league's much of a muchness as some of the results recently would indicate, we've still got to play Dunfermline another twice

Where have I said that McGlynn’s decisions couldn’t have been better against Dunfermline? 
Mistakes happen you have to move on unless you wish to wollow in weeks of what if of course. 
Yesterday again showed any result Is possible in this league. Your prediction that the league has already gone was IMO far too premature. 

It’s not just that mistakes were made that irks me, it’s that just about everyone with half a brain could see that we were getting know where and we changed nothing until it was far too late. It was up there with the worst decision making I’ve seen at the club in recent years and that’s quite something…..

Guest Back Post Misses
43 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

It’s not just that mistakes were made that irks me, it’s that just about everyone with half a brain could see that we were getting know where and we changed nothing until it was far too late. It was up there with the worst decision making I’ve seen at the club in recent years and that’s quite something…..

😂😂

50 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

😂😂😂😂😂what a ridiculous thing to say 

50 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

77194972-3381-4AE7-96D5-0BF87F91FCA9.gif

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

up there with one of the biggest overreactions to a defeat

If McGlynn had changed things too early and we got beat 4-0 you'd be moaning he changed things when he didn't have to.

Some decision for that Burrell offside first half btw….

Definitely don’t think we’ve had the rub of the green so far this season with decisions - I’m of the opinion it roughly evens itself out over the course of a full season, so hopefully due a few in the coming months 

8254E548-0378-434B-8BB2-D33BF4D8A4FD.png

Every manager we've ever had has made some ludicrous decisions over players now and again it just seems to be the manager way.  Going way back I'm sure it was Dave Clarke that punted Brian Martin to Hamilton for peanuts.  He ended up a Scotland international. Lambie swapping Stevie Kirk for Carthorse Ally Graham. Yogi letting Liam Craig and Michael higdon go . One became the spfl player of the year the other a stalwart for st Johnstone in the top flight. Can't forget Roman walner an Austrian international who couldn't get a game for yogi but played for red bull Salzburg in the champions League. In more recent times you've got McKinnon's reluctance to play Shayne lavery when fit he's now a regular for Blackpool and Northern Ireland. Big krasniki looked a player but couldn't get a game in one of the worst midfields we've ever had.