The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

The German contingent Gmbh Fussball have invested tbf. Initially put in around £600k during Covid gaining their first share of the club. They said this was done to demonstrate their commitmemt. They then put in a further whack as equity. 

Both managerial shysters Grant and Hughes were backed financially pretty well. McPake has also had backing even though our board obviously hadn't factored in relegation. McPake said early doors he would not be just taking on players to boost his squad numbers. He'd hold out for players that would add value and fit into his plans. He said up front the club had recruited poorly and he'd do everything to avoid that. Happy with what we have for now, then add more players come January.

Good chance he hasn't spent all his budget then so not really much point trying to compare current squad size or summer signings cost.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
16 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Good chance he hasn't spent all his budget then so not really much point trying to compare current squad size or summer signings cost.

I'd agree with that. Tbh both clubs should have adequate tesource for coping with playing in this league. Should come down to how the manager prepares his team and then how the players respond.

2 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Has there been any word on Williamson's injury or has JMcG just accepted that he's not worth factoring into any plans?

I’m sure the last time McGlynn was asked about Williamson, it was a sigh, then a pause and then a gargled reply. I took from it he was mightily pissed off, and fed up with him.

I’m sure the last time McGlynn was asked about Williamson, it was a sigh, then a pause and then a gargled reply. I took from it he was mightily pissed off, and fed up with him.
Yeah, last mention I think was a setback/flare up or something. And it's notable that Lewis doesn't specifically ask about him now where he used to. Maybe McGlynn has asked him to stop bringing it up?

You do get the feeling that the laddie is never going to get out the bit with injuries enough to go on and forge a career which is a real shame.

You never know, he was in the warm up last week so he must be close to or already doing some sort of training, but he must be close to losing belief himself.

Would love to be proved wrong as for the most part in this league, I'd probably rather have him in there than McKay or Yeats. But he really needs a run of games, with no indication thats something he can manage.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, last mention I think was a setback/flare up or something. And it's notable that Lewis doesn't specifically ask about him now where he used to. Maybe McGlynn has asked him to stop bringing it up?

You do get the feeling that the laddie is never going to get out the bit with injuries enough to go on and forge a career which is a real shame.

You never know, he was in the warm up last week so he must be close to or already doing some sort of training, but he must be close to losing belief himself.

Would love to be proved wrong as for the most part in this league, I'd probably rather have him in there than McKay or Yeats. But he really needs a run of games, with no indication thats something he can manage.

It looks as though the boy is pretty much done. He can look to be the real deal going forward, but defensively, his limitations have been well enough covered. It’s his “fully fit” availability that is a massive issue. Watson and Williamson alone constitute two senior players who have contributed next to nothing but who will not be on buttons.

Not McGlynn’s fault in any way shape or form, but just another drag anchor on an already difficult season.

7 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It looks as though the boy is pretty much done. He can look to be the real deal going forward, but defensively, his limitations have been well enough covered. It’s his “fully fit” availability that is a massive issue. Watson and Williamson alone constitute two senior players who have contributed next to nothing but who will not be on buttons.

Not McGlynn’s fault in any way shape or form, but just another drag anchor on an already difficult season.

If Watson is fit before the window we should look to offload a CH (Watson or Mckay) for me in favour of a right back. 

Folk might say Watson can play RB but I don't want to see him there any more than I do Mckay. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

If Watson is fit before the window we should look to offload a CH (Watson or Mckay) for me in favour of a right back. 

Folk might say Watson can play RB but I don't want to see him there any more than I do Mckay. 

For the simple reason that McKay will still be here next season I'd rather Watson went on loan as I think he'll likely be away at the end of the season anyway.

We do need a RB though, it's the one position that we're really short in. 

I think I'm in the minority I'd play McKay at CB and take Henderson out for a bit.  He seems to get bullied far too often.  

I'm not convinced Watson will kick a ball for the first team, so if he's back and fit I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave or go out on loan.  But yes please another RB.

55 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

if only we could swap Williamson, Watson, Ross & Wilson for one half decent RB ! 

4 players for the price of 1 !!!

Chuck in Finlay Malcolm too.

4 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I get McGlynn has to talk about the squad and injury updates but he must go home at night and vent at the wife why the actual f**k were some of these imposters signed. I've to try n somehow polish turds and make it look like they are arsed.. 

Thing is, the likes of Wilson isn’t an imposter. He genuinely would love to be a footballer, but despite being obviously nowhere near the standard, the real imposter gave him a two year contract.

Its concerning that our worst area of performance (midfield), one of McGlynn’s signings (Lawal) can’t get on the park in place of McGuffie or Nesbitt…..not even as a sub.

The situation with Lawal is concerning, if we had consistently good performances from those currently, I could easily accept, however we know that  ain’t true. Therefore he’s either got an attitude or fitness issue. One thing for sure, and regardless of how our season ends that most of the aforementioned players will be long gone.

Guest Back Post Misses
On 10/11/2022 at 19:39, MetalWolf said:

I think I'm in the minority I'd play McKay at CB and take Henderson out for a bit.  He seems to get bullied far too often.  

I'm not convinced Watson will kick a ball for the first team, so if he's back and fit I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave or go out on loan.  But yes please another RB.

You could Bring in MacKie to LCH

Guest Ecosse83

Out of interest I had a look to see how much better off we are than this time last season, it’s only a few points which surprised me. We’re obviously a much better team this season but we need to stop conceding silly goals IMO. 

I actually don’t think Henderson has been playing that well recently so I’d be dropping him and getting McKay in beside Donaldson today, Henderson for me messes around too much at the back and looks like making mistakes. 

We’ve always bounced back after a disappointment this season so hopefully today is the same!