The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

It wasn’t spelling. I said we were paying McGinn a good wage in reply to Mochrie apparently being paid well but Shadwell got mixed up and thought I was talking about McGlynn! 

I'm confusing myself here never mind anyone else.  I know they were shocked actually to get hold of mcginn considering the package we offered and the fact that we are league one but he was excited by the project. Mcglynn has a knack of getting players in on a tight budget too and we've been on the sharp end of that. His Raith team only ended up 2 points behind mcpakes Dundee a couple of seasons back and mcpakes budget would've swamped mcglynns then.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Guest Caractacus Potts
11 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'm confusing myself here never mind anyone else.  I know they were shocked actually to get hold of mcginn considering the package we offered and the fact that we are league one but he was excited by the project. Mcglynn has a knack of getting players in on a tight budget too and we've been on the sharp end of that. His Raith team only ended up 2 points behind mcpakes Dundee a couple of seasons back and mcpakes budget would've swamped mcglynns then.

McGinn was a bit of a coup no doubt about it. How much are we paying him though? Must be our top earner by a decent amount. 

8 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Kennedys wages won't be cheap either.

Doubt we'll be spending much on him. Rangers would be glad to get him out on loan again after his last two loan spells weren't great. He was at Hamilton last season after rangers recalled him from you and they've not got two pennies to rub together these days.

Mochrie was very poor on Saturday too. Didn't get much change out of Brad Mackay and created next to nothing.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Doubt we'll be spending much on him. Rangers would be glad to get him out on loan again after his last two loan spells weren't great. He was at Hamilton last season after rangers recalled him from you and they've not got two pennies to rub together these days.
Mochrie was very poor on Saturday too. Didn't get much change out of Brad Mackay and created next to nothing.
Definitely has his games like that, I'm not that high on him tbh.

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:
11 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Definitely has his games like that, I'm not that high on him tbh.

Was disappointed we didn't get him. I suppose in league one mind you our options are a bit more limited when it comes to loan deals unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The majority of the fans of both clubs who post on here are good posters who are out for a bit banter.

We all love our teams and we all united and agreed some fans from both teams were a disgrace on Saturday and also agreed that’s not the type of rivalry we want. 

For you to come on here 2 days later and start with the ‘rape’ comments is unnecessary and unwanted.

If that’s the type of conversation you want to have I’d suggest you join a fan group on Facebook - that’d be more up your street.

McGlynn signing a rapist was unnecessary and unwanted. Absolute belter of a bloke. 

11 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Sorry I didn’t read the quoted  post properly and with the still being at raith comment I presumed we were talking of your manager. 

Happy to say I have nothing wrong with Stephen McGinn.

Edit- I also can’t spell which is why I made an arse of the second post.

Can't read, can't spell, and ignorant of the facts. Welcome aboard.

Guest Back Post Misses
11 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
12 hours ago, bairn88 said:
In terms of money the managers had to spend on wages/players this summer window, Mcpake had far higher resources - fact. Whether that translates into a bigger wage bill is a different story. Thank you Mr. Holt for that. 

No danger, you've far more senior players than we have. We've got about 14, whereas you regularly leave senior players out of the match day squad.

We have two players over 30. Stop talking shite

It's been mentioned loads on here the last season or so and McGlynn even mentioned it on the Falkirk Daft podcast  in midfield we have far too many of the same type of players, Kennedy, Morrison, Oliver, McGuffie & Nesbitt all disappear when the going gets tough. 

The more physical teams in Dunfermline, Kelty, Montrose and even Bonnyrigg in the league cup just bully us so easily and we never get a chance to play football as once they've worked out we're not up for taking the game to them it's so easy to nullify the aforementioned players.

Lawal seems like another Krasniqi job, there's clearly something not showing up in training but we're desperate to see more of him given in his short cameos he's looked capable of providing something different.

Edited by FFC 1876

16 hours ago, bairn88 said:

In terms of money the managers had to spend on wages/players this summer window, Mcpake had far higher resources - fact. Whether that translates into a bigger wage bill is a different story. Thank you Mr. Holt for that. 

See that Ricky Gervais/David Brent has a lot to answer for. Saying "fact" after an opinion doesn't make it a fact. Unless you're privy to both sets of accounts we can chalk that up as an opinion and one that could be either way tbh. Did we spend more in the summer? It's possible I suppose but we only brought in Benedictus and Hamilton as senior players whereas you brought in Donaldson, McGinn, Oliver, Mackie and Henderson. We both rolled the dice on a few youngsters (although the likes of Burrell, Yeats and Lawal have had more of an impact than our Beagley and Little) and have brought in a few loans. Going by numbers and presumed wages, it looks like McGlynn will have spent more than McPake in the summer. 

If you had instead said overall wages or whatever then that might be a different since I'd imagine Mehmet, Comrie, Chalmers, Wighton, Todarov and probably O'Hara will be on decent money and we had Dorrans on the books at the start of the season. You said money they had to spend in the summer though, so unlucky. 

3 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

See that Ricky Gervais/David Brent has a lot to answer for. Saying "fact" after an opinion doesn't make it a fact. Unless you're privy to both sets of accounts we can chalk that up as an opinion and one that could be either way tbh. Did we spend more in the summer? It's possible I suppose but we only brought in Benedictus and Hamilton as senior players whereas you brought in Donaldson, McGinn, Oliver, Mackie and Henderson. We both rolled the dice on a few youngsters (although the likes of Burrell, Yeats and Lawal have had more of an impact than our Beagley and Little) and have brought in a few loans. Going by numbers and presumed wages, it looks like McGlynn will have spent more than McPake in the summer. 

If you had instead said overall wages or whatever then that might be a different since I'd imagine Mehmet, Comrie, Chalmers, Wighton, Todarov and probably O'Hara will be on decent money and we had Dorrans on the books at the start of the season. You said money they had to spend in the summer though, so unlucky. 

I think you have it confused. 

Overall, our wage bill may be higher - due to being saddled with bloated contracts for players brought in before the summer. 

Guest Back Post Misses
7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Same as us, you have more players over 25, (9 vs 6) more players over 21 (19 vs 15)  and more players over 18( 25 vs 19)  what definition do you want to use? 

Already told you to f**k off 

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
27 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

If Dunfermline have a smaller budget than us then they should be having a word with the German boys that have taken over the club. It's no surprise you were relegated if the manager is getting peanuts to play with.

The German contingent Gmbh Fussball have invested tbf. Initially put in around £600k during Covid gaining their first share of the club. They said this was done to demonstrate their commitmemt. They then put in a further whack as equity. 

Both managerial shysters Grant and Hughes were backed financially pretty well. McPake has also had backing even though our board obviously hadn't factored in relegation. McPake said early doors he would not be just taking on players to boost his squad numbers. He'd hold out for players that would add value and fit into his plans. He said up front the club had recruited poorly and he'd do everything to avoid that. Happy with what we have for now, then add more players come January.