The Falkirk FC Thread

On 03/11/2022 at 08:16, HopeStreetWalker said:

Bit of help, please.

Been looking at the 1957 Cup Winning Team.

Does anybody have any information on Alan Irvine the Center Half?

Nothing on the web.

Any information appreciated

Nothing much over the listed stats, but a few little extra details, perhaps:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/1957-scottish-cup-falkirk-3-aberdeen-1-1117563

https://collections.falkirk.gov.uk/objects/78252/falkirk-football-club-team

https://www.deearchive.co.uk/player.php?id=991

https://www.arabarchive.co.uk/player.php?id=711

Guest Back Post Misses
7 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

This ^^^ please don’t let us down, my guts are churning and I’m nervous as f**k. So many times we get let down in these big games, for once let us leave that stadium smiling 🤞🏻🙏🏻

Not today 

Looks like about 600 left in the West stand. Almost all remaining are in the last couple of sections towards the North stand. 

Id think another 200/300 may go but would be surprised if we sell out. Cracking effort though as would mean a crowd of around 7,600 if we do. Currently about 7,300 I think all in. 

Been awake since 4.30am like a kid on Christmas morning. Watched some pish I’d recorded on TV and about to have my 3rd coffee. I’m a 56yr old man, why do games like this still get me so wound up, excited, nervous. I wouldn’t have it any other way though, these games are why we all love football/ Falkirk FC so much.

COYB

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Been awake since 4.30am like a kid on Christmas morning. Watched some pish I’d recorded on TV and about to have my 3rd coffee. I’m a 56yr old man, why do games like this still get me so wound up, excited, nervous. I wouldn’t have it any other way though, these games are why we all love football/ Falkirk FC so much.

COYB

Alright for you Harry, the game doesn't kick off until 10.00pm my time. I'm going nuts waiting.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

COYB

Good morning Harry. Ditto 😂. Not on my 3rd coffee, crikey if I was, at my age, I’d spend the whole game at the toilet.

I’m feeling really confident about today. I just feel we have a really blossoming team and today will be our day.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Good morning Harry. Ditto 😂. Not on my 3rd coffee, crikey if I was, at my age, I’d spend the whole game at the toilet.

I’m feeling really confident about today. I just feel we have a really blossoming team and today will be our day.

I’m feeling confident as well GB, I’ve a feeling someone is due a doing from us and I’m hoping this could be the day. If we start how we did against Alloa and QOS then we will be fine.

5 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

COYB

We've fucking earned this after the last few seasons... 

2 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Two terrible teams where a 0-0 draw wouldn’t have looked out of place. In games like today we need to defend set pieces better. Neither keeper I think had a save to make. Referee was atrocious. 7 points is a big gap and now puts the pressure on to beat them twice later in the season. 

I thought we were decent without creating much. 

The play acting from them was embarrassing and bar the set piece they had not much more than us.