The Falkirk FC Thread

The last 2 posts have just summed up for me the feeling that has come back this season, I honeslty think that for clubs like us there are 2 things we need t give us a heart and sole. one is fan ownership and the other is a youth system made up of majority locally sourced players.  and we finally look like we're getting somewhere

"but after the last few years of insipid garbage dominated by charlatans unfit to wear the shirt, manage or run the club, it"

every professional sports team pays professionals to play and charges spectaters to watch, you're not going down to watch the local lads take on the next town then have a pint in the club afterwards, that is understood. but when the entire club from directors to players is made up of utterly uninterested journeymen on a footballing mery-go-round playing absolute garbage and getting no results, you can't simply expect people to keep turning up just becuase they live in the same town that the club operates in. You have got to give people a reason to keep turning up

Post covid there is a social media driven renaissance of diddy fitbaw on scotland. some think it is a bit cringy and samey but hey, if it gets young people into otherwise empty and quiet stadiums then I'm all for it. A strong fan ownership, fan representation and a youth system providing a pathway for local players well ensure that we are on the right side of history.

without fans football is nothing?

without a paying audience - proffessional sport is not viable

I last went to a game in 2019. I honestly felt a little detached as the club lurched from crisis to crisis. Covid stopped the fans going, largely, but even when things reopened I wasn't getting the feeling. That car crash board meeting with fans a year ago really got me thinking that it would be a long time before I went back.

Things really have moved on. New board, an actual football manager, results, performances, all up. My interest in the team has been very much reignited this year. So, I'll be there on Saturday. This match actually has me excited about a Falkirk game for the first time in years. 

If the numbers are right the place could be packed. I hope so!

Probably not the topic anyone wants to be focusing on or discussing this week.. I'm curious to know if there is any chatter about contract extensions? Acutely aware some of our top players contracts are ending in May, and they'll be able to sign pre-contracts in Jan.. Assuming a couple of them are catching the eye of a few suitors. 

Edited by Forever_Blue_
Typo

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Now available troops👇🏼. Hope you all think it was worthwhile getting the guys on #COYB

7E52A591-C6D2-4C49-8A18-A9C8EA5650E8.jpeg

689AB0A8-F580-4A7E-AAB0-95350BEA715F.jpeg

Fantastic. Great to see the gaffer a little more relaxed but he really can talk! Good laugh and really interesting, nice one for setting this up!

20 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I last went to a game in 2019. I honestly felt a little detached as the club lurched from crisis to crisis. Covid stopped the fans going, largely, but even when things reopened I wasn't getting the feeling. That car crash board meeting with fans a year ago really got me thinking that it would be a long time before I went back.

Things really have moved on. New board, an actual football manager, results, performances, all up. My interest in the team has been very much reignited this year. So, I'll be there on Saturday. This match actually has me excited about a Falkirk game for the first time in years. 

If the numbers are right the place could be packed. I hope so!

This is very similar to my position last home game was Ross County at home over 3 years ago, although I have been to some away games in that time.

Bought my 2 tickets, dragging my eldest daughter along too. 

Looking forward to it.

9 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Bit of help, please.

Been looking at the 1957 Cup Winning Team.

Does anybody have any information on Alan Irvine the Center Half?

Nothing on the web.

Any information appreciated

Bettermeddle has him signing from Dundee in 1956/57, and leaving for Dundee United in 58/59. That's it.

Presume he was a Dundonian?

PS it was Andy Irvine.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

51 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Bit of help, please.

Been looking at the 1957 Cup Winning Team.

Does anybody have any information on Alan Irvine the Center Half?

Nothing on the web.

Any information appreciated

Andy Irvine played 168 games for Dundee, scoring 4 goals before joining Falkirk. He signed for Dundee Utd after leaving us, playing 8 times without scoring. His last appearance for DU was an 8-2 defeat to Berwick Rangers. :o

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Andy Irvine played 168 games for Dundee, scoring 4 goals before joining Falkirk. He signed for Dundee Utd after leaving us, playing 8 times without scoring. His last appearance for DU was an 8-2 defeat to Berwick Rangers. :o

Was told he played for Dundee but never got it verified. Got a source help very much appreciated.