The Falkirk FC Thread

Invited a colleague to this game and went to get hi a SS ticket today - sold out. Couldn't very well put him in the Main Stand himself so had to buy two tickets to sit amongst the sweetie rustlers. I'm betting the SS will be epic too, especially when Burrell gets his hat-trick. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I would give the players credit for responding to a big crowd in the away game. I just hope they go one better this time because its high time some of these big crowds were capitalised on. Saturday is the sort of day that has the potential to keep some of these fans coming back. But we all know too well how many times wev had that big crowd and anticipation in recent years and fell flat on our faces. 

You’ve said it spot on, far to many times we’ve fallen flat when we’ve had opportunities to really get the stay away/ fed up / new fans on board / huge numbers and……….

Guest FFC1965

The first time I recall us falling flat in front of a big crowd was  in our ill fated 78/79 season. 

I recall a huge crowd at Brockville for our 2nd last game of the season, Cowdenbeath.  The team fell flat losing 3-0.  -> https://bettermeddle.org.uk/archive/match.php?season=1979&id=238&type=1 and we missed out on promotion as a result.  I recall standing in the enclosure with my dad who hardly ever went to Falkirk games as he was a Stirling Albion man.  

The other thing about that season is that we didn't play between December 10th and February 9th - that was back when winters were winter! 

Really looking forward to Saturday - the stadium really needs a near full house to have any atmosphere. 

I think we will win 2-0.  Burrell and Morrison.    

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

What a terrific piece on the website by Michael White regarding Gordon McFarlane. He really hit the right note and I had a real lump in my throat reading it. 

Brilliant. A great memory for me was being with Gordon that day in Airdrie for the Willie Whigham interview. It was an experience and a half.

When we got back to the car, Gordon said “gimme a minute to work this out”. He sat flicking through pages of notes (he had a wee voice recorder as well), and he said “Right, it’s not too bad. If we take out out the slanderous stuff and the expletives, we’ve still got 22 words for the article. We will have to pad it out a bit”.

Big Gordy……..an absolute hero. It would be fantastic to win this Saturday for him.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

New episode of Falkirk Daft out NOW. This show is dedicated to the memory of Gordon McFarlane 💙

“Roll out the Burrell of goals, as Ross & John look back at Queen of the South in the company of guest pundit, head of the Crunchie Initiative (and John’s brother) Dave McInally. 

Of course there is the small matter of the game against THEM, as we preview Saturday in the company of Michael from ‘That’s Never 10 Yards’ podcast. 

Plus spooky Falkirk footballers for Halloween, the breaking FSS news and the BIG draw for FSS members for hospitality and of course that Falkirk Daft beer bucket!

Expect the Unexpected!”

5B3DF935-184E-47F1-90FA-C93A87C6A51A.jpeg

3 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Invited a colleague to this game and went to get hi a SS ticket today - sold out. Couldn't very well put him in the Main Stand himself so had to buy two tickets to sit amongst the sweetie rustlers. I'm betting the SS will be epic too, especially when Burrell gets his hat-trick. 

Good for you!

I'm guessing by your post that you are an SS ST holder? So does this mean that there is going to be an empty seat in the SS on Saturday?

Why don't you:

a) Sell your seat in the SS to cover the cost of your Main Stand ticket?

b) Sell your seat in the SS and donate the money to the FSS?

c) Give your SS seat to somebody down on their luck?

Whatever you decide, it would be great if there was a bum on your KM7 Stand seat come 3.00pm on Saturday.

#COYB

2 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Not sure how that works? Happy to give the seat away but how?

Maybe offer it for sale on here? Invite PMs to your inbox?

FELLOW BAIRNS, THERE IS A SEAT AVAILABLE IN THE SOUTH STAND FOR SATURDAY, PLEASE PUT YOUR OFFERS IN NOW! 😀

What do you think?

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

Call me cynical, but that is what would worry me.

If I contacted the club, could they re-sell my seat?

I really don’t know. Might be a lot of hassle tbh.

3 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Call me cynical, but that is what would worry me.

If I contacted the club, could they re-sell my seat?

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I really don’t know. Might be a lot of hassle tbh.

My apologies, as an old fart who lives abroad I didn't realise that it was all electronic these days. I appreciate that it might not be as easy as I first thought.

11 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

New episode of Falkirk Daft out NOW. This show is dedicated to the memory of Gordon McFarlane 💙

“Roll out the Burrell of goals, as Ross & John look back at Queen of the South in the company of guest pundit, head of the Crunchie Initiative (and John’s brother) Dave McInally. 

Of course there is the small matter of the game against THEM, as we preview Saturday in the company of Michael from ‘That’s Never 10 Yards’ podcast. 

Plus spooky Falkirk footballers for Halloween, the breaking FSS news and the BIG draw for FSS members for hospitality and of course that Falkirk Daft beer bucket!

Expect the Unexpected!”

5B3DF935-184E-47F1-90FA-C93A87C6A51A.jpeg

🍻 As mentioned on this weeks episode of Falkirk Daft, we’re giving away 60 free beers at the Brockville Bar on Saturday(1st come, 1st serve) in honour of Crunchie’s 60th birthday next week. They’re only available to Falkirk Supporters Society members so if you want to find out how to claim one then sign up by Friday!

The Bar opens at 12pm so sooner you get there, the better chance you have of claiming a free beer. 

#COYB